Yuukyuu no Gusha Asley no, Kenja no Susume - Vol. 5 Ch. 25

How come bandits never learn? Well, at least Pochi will have fun xD

Fed-Kun's army
I love Betty, kinda wish she’d become a recurring character, but authors never seem to keep those types of characters along for ling

Dex-chan lover
Surrounded? You mean you have a group of enemies coming at you while you're sitting on the perfect chokepoint, right?

I was expecting them to return and for it to lead somewhere else, with the twist being that the dungeon shifts from time to time, hence the lack of signs of adventurers.

Dex-chan lover
Pochi's extreme distaste toward being spoken of like a married couple with Asley seems almost like a direct reply to various expectations people seem to have for her turning into a beautiful beast girl or something.

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one who thinks they should have tried digging out the bars instead of under, and taking the bars with them as loot?

@sjmcc13 it would probably take a long time to dig out the bars. It seems digging beneath and taking the loot was the shorter choice.

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia Sure, the doorway makes for a fantastic choke point, but the dungeon is, as far as we (and they) know, a single corridor that dead ends, they have very limited supplies (maybe a day or two, possibly a week with severe rationing), and they're outnumbered at least 3 to 1 (I counted at least 15 humanoid shapes on the last page). These bandits could easily just wait a couple days for them to either die of thirst or be so weakened by lack of water that they're easy kills.

Granted, that's less an issue because Pochi is pretty OP and Asley has stupid powerful magics, but if they're every bit as vulnerable to arrows as the average person, then, well, see the above.

Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius
True. This'll probably be Asley nuking them with assist from Pochi.

But counterpoint: The bandits outnumber them, so they need more rations than they do in a battle of endurance. Arrows are also finite. Considering they're bandits, I assume they probably don't have the patience to wait.

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia True. But by virtue of having more manpower, they can afford to have a few peel off for a few days to scrounge up supplies; more so if they have a hideout nearby, which is about the only thing that makes sense, considering how fast they showed up. Their patience, though, that largely depends on their leader and how successful they are. The more successful they've been, the more likely they are to hang around if their leader says to chill for a few days.

But, yeah, it'll likely end pretty quickly with Asley nuking them.

Fed-Kun's army
@sjmcc13 If those bars were built with any kind of halfway intelligent design, they are embedded at least two feet into the walls and roof, with the mechanism for moving them extending even further. Unless they figure out a way to break down the bars into smaller pieces, they would have to dig out the entire path from entrance to treasure room to get the lattice outside. We can't really see how long the path is from these shots, but I would be stunned if that was anything less than several metric tons of material that needed to be moved.

It might be mathematically possible to dig them out and shift it diagonally across the corridor, but even if it was the bars would become a giant obstacle that would greatly hinder them if attacked or they triggered a trap. And all of this assumes they even have the strength / magic to move it; no telling how heavy this fantasy metal is.

Users who are viewing this thread