Yuusha Densetsu no Uragawa de Ore wa Eiyuu Densetsu o Tsukurimasu: Oudou Goroshi no Eiyuutan~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
The difference is the Brave is saving the world and the fledgling Hero is saving the boobs.
Anything else seems to be just words for the sake of argument.

Dex-chan lover
I think he's underplaying himself. Still good to share the credit, though.

Both are underplaying themselves.

The difference is that he's not trying to be a Brave. He's trying to do what he believes in.

That definition of someone fighting for their own desires being a first-class moron is so off.

What he's saying is that fighting for others because others told you, and fighting for others because you want to are two different motivations. A little different from how I put it, but it's a related idea.

Well that was way too many words and poor wording to essentially just say "the reason I fight better, have more luck, arrive for important battles exactly when I am needed and not before or after, and get all the girls... is because I only fight for myself. While you fight for everyone but yourself, forsaking your ego in the process."

Also really doubt that difference is capable of having that effect, since aside from the first listed effect, the rest is all pure RNG (even that last effect, as most of those came from meeting the girls at crucial moments too)
Considering how central this is to these two characters and how they relate, I think it's important to not just skip it over with the minimum amount of dialogue.

I think the actual difference would be how they cope with it, and how it changes them. If you always do things for others, it's going to wear you out, but if you do it because that's what you want to do yourself, it makes you stronger. So short-term the effect would be negligible, but long-term effects similar to this would set in, only they would be more of the chronic type.

There's also a subtle difference in how you come across. But while it's subtle, it still accounts for why Aina fell for him and not for the guy she'd spent a lot more time with.

I know I said this in a previous chapter but they really should have switched the titles of Brave and Hero. Be Brave enough to be someone who chooses their own path and the Hero is the one chosen to do the right thing it makes so much more sense that way.
Yeah, it always throws me off. A Hero is the Chosen One. A Brave is someone who rises through his own powers and get similar recognition. Or something like that. (The word Brave has now ceased to look like a word to me.)

Dex-chan lover
Actually this Yuusha is already better than most. He only needs to be a liitle more selfish, that's all.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, so not just the princess and the wolf swordsman, even the succubus healer was chosen for Relic the Brave, didn't know that (wonder if she would even reveal that part of herself to him down the line if she stuck with him?), yet Yukina the Hero took all that away from him.

And just think, Relic could have avoided all of that and become the 'better man' if he didn't listen to his ego to drag Yukina along to show him up from the beginning. Well ain't that a kick to the balls?

Shame that the artist stops their work here, but I'll still be sticking around for the story. Will it still be on the same page here, or will it be posted on a separate one with the new artist listed?

EDIT: Nvm, just found the new artist's name on the page, and yeah, the cover art is vastly different from what we've seen up to now, so it looks like the story will still continue on the same page, which is peculiar as this usually happens as a sort of soft reboot with a recap of previous events before the story continues with a new vol. 1 under the new artist and such. A different approach, but not an unwelcome one.

Dex-chan lover
Well that was way too many words and poor wording to essentially just say "the reason I fight better, have more luck, arrive for important battles exactly when I am needed and not before or after, and get all the girls... is because I only fight for myself. While you fight for everyone but yourself, forsaking your ego in the process."

Also really doubt that difference is capable of having that effect, since aside from the first listed effect, the rest is all pure RNG (even that last effect, as most of those came from meeting the girls at crucial moments too)
As others have said above, the MC finds value in his actions because they are important to him. The Brave finds value in his actions because other tell him they are important.

Where as the MC actively forges his own path, the Brave is content to follow the path others have set for him. For me, I would much rather own my own successful business, then a valued employee working for a successful business.

Supporter
How many times do I have to block this dang group?

Long story short for anyone who doesn’t know:

Group translates massive amounts of chapters (badly) then drip feeds it over weeks or months, but insists you visit their bug ridden site

They come around every so often when something changes on the site or maybe they just keep deleting and remaking the group to get around blocks, dunno

But stay away from that site
Killed my computer

So the art is gonna go to shit? Or still same quality
I doesnt go to shit really since it could be way worse but its not the same quality certainly. I mean, its not thaaaat bad to be honest but personally, when manga/manwha decides to change the artist it makes me lose interest pretty fast. This series started pretty interesting and the art caught me but the new one... I dont know, it feels bland, dont know how to express it.

Dex-chan lover
The art lower quality isn't that big of a problem Compared to how slow the story has been in the last 5 or so chapters (raw chapters I mean, the last 5 translated one are like the peak of the story so far)

Dex-chan lover

Group translates massive amounts of chapters (badly) then drip feeds it over weeks or months, but insists you visit their bug ridden site

They come around every so often when something changes on the site or maybe they just keep deleting and remaking the group to get around blocks, dunno

Killed my computer
You're on the wrong comment page, this one is for Kanojo Scans's chapter.

Anyway for the love of god KS, please keep translating so I don't have to deal with rightdark's bullshit.

Man, the art change is...not great. It feels super generic now, no hate to the new artist, but Mao's was distinct and looked really good. They swapped over to adapting a different title, but no translation or anything yet

Supporter
You're on the wrong comment page, this one is for Kanojo Scans's chapter.

Anyway for the love of god KS, please keep translating so I don't have to deal with rightdark's bullshit.
Whoops, entirely my bad
KANOJO is freakin amazing and I cannot say enough good things about them

Fed-Kun's army

Killed my computer
Problem's on your end, any group I've blocked only needed one. Including the group you meant.

Users who are viewing this thread