Yuusha ga Shinda! - Vol. 17 Ch. 175 - Escape from the Capital

Dex-chan lover
The only real god is the guy who's drawing these girls naked

I'm always surprised at the masochistic side of people who are able to read 175 chapters of a story they don't like

People forget this is comedy thigh ecchi manga. Not your special shounen isekaiwhatever manga.
Why compared to seven deadly sin??

Dex-chan lover
What is in Shion's hometown? Touka did go to Shion's dad house. But, Did he actually remember something? Cause I have no idea.

Dex-chan lover
Is it weird that I am excited the horse is with them? I almost expect the horse to be the one to kill Larkvlad.

Dex-chan lover
@MesaOracle Not at all. For starters that's Horse Bro man! Also that just goes to show you understand what kind of manga this is. Every meme and/or running gag eventually becomes an actual thing.

Remember when Kyle's confidence and shamelessness seemed like useless traits? Remember when we rolled our eyes at Blake and thought it was a one time thing? Remember how kneesock love kept having more and more to do with every fight until it became an actual ability?

Dex-chan lover
@knight_evangel It was more rhetorical, but I will remember with great pride the day Touka puts Larkvlad in knee-socks to save the world. That is if Blake doesn't slay 1000 four Larkvlad's first. 🤣

Aggregator gang
@da
Like I said, cliche but impressive. Doing the same things as everyone else isn't an issue if you're using them in new or creative ways. The world is consistent, everybody has access to the same skills and weapons if they choose to, and the scaling of enemies is easy to follow, not out of reason, and still has room for progression.
The series' worldbuilding is good, regardless of seeing it before.

da

@TaintedAardvark but you wrong the fact that normal human can't control NEcomancy , so not everybody has access to the same skills , and weapon ( holy sword /artificial sword ), The world-building is simple, quite simple, I'm half nerd about that, complicated to say about .

Dex-chan lover
the formula of most story are like this : normal days of the protagonist, something changes it forever , hero save the world to come back to daily lifes again , plot twist :some good guys are actually the bad guys , bad guys motivation is nothing news , the monkey villain guy are take over higher dimensional , which is very cliche and feel no relateable to the reader , the brat demon 1000 years old guy is relateable but his asspull backstory out of nowhere is bad , I'm feel like most dead character in the series will be revive with plot armor because Apex magic and things , sorry it my english grammar is bad
That is not formula of "most story"; it is the formula for a narrative writing to be a story:
A character in their normal life, then there's an inciting incident that force them to go out of their comfort zone, and then a change occured to the character (whether it be good or bad change), then the story ends.
You can read Hero with a Thousand Faces by J. Campbell about the structure of storywriting.

Now, there are smaller parts in the The Hero is Dead that adds to this formula; the tropes used by the writer to tell the story. Things like funny perversion hehe actually matters in-universe, the sudden 180deg heel-turns of characters' allegiance (we have them multiple times here, both during serious moments and played for jokes), or conquering the higher/other planes of existence (which I'm not a big fan of as they introduce massive chunk of info at once if not dripfed, though it gives the basis of the existence of Earth/Hell and magic in this manga).

Now, whether the author use these tropes well or not is up for debate, but personally, I hate it that it works here. The revelation of higher/other planes of existence would actually open up more venues for even more stories, but instead, it is used to end this manga. (I know the author had a sequel(?) in the works, but from my brief reading of few pages of ch. 1, it looks like it will focus on completely different character).

Users who are viewing this thread