Yuusha Party wo Oidasareta Kiyoubinbou ~Party Jijou de Fuyojitsushi wo Yatteita Kenshi, Bannou e to Itaru~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 9 - The jack of all trades at…

Double-page supporter
Honestly.... this is a little bit dumb.

His advantage was supposed to be that he was a Jack of all Trades who was powerful in everything, even if not the best.

In pure buffs, he should be inferior... his advantage should be how well he works in battle since he can use every job...

But he's not a jack of all trades, he's a super best in the world master...
The way I understand it, it's not that he's the "absolute best". His original 50x buffs are super-short, each one lasts for barely a second. It's just that he's worked with this team for so long that he figured out their habits and short-comings, and he's learned to time his casts in that exact one second. It's also why he was adamant about training with the mage on upper floors, he wanted to perfect his timing for her casts so that there wouldn't be any faulty casts during more dangerous runs.

This approach doesn't actually make him better than other more specialized supports, but it makes him a much better fit for their specific party because both his support and his more generalist skills were tailored to them specifically.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly.... this is a little bit dumb.

His advantage was supposed to be that he was a Jack of all Trades who was powerful in everything, even if not the best.

In pure buffs, he should be inferior... his advantage should be how well he works in battle since he can use every job...

But he's not a jack of all trades, he's a super best in the world master...
You could also say that because he's a jack of all trades gives him this option. If he really only has a second to activate the massive buff then he needs to time it accurately for his ally's skills. He knows enough swordman, defender, and spellcasting to buff at the right time. It's massive trade off of power vs active time that most if not all others couldn't do. A similar support only caster gets the wrong second to activate it and the buff is wasted and doesn't combo with the ally's skill activation.

His overall strength is mid in all the roles if only compared based on that role alone. As a solo swordman/support caster he's already on par with the hero unbuffed. Maybe even with some basic buffs. If he combines further with solid defender skills, and a team to maneuver and assist then he's going to shine.

Dex-chan lover
I mean that's his ideal, to not just be a jack of all trades but combine that into a master. He said it before, his goal is to be able to solo the dungeon.

Which his unique magic is apparently real close to, given what is about to come next.

Oh yeah shows up at the boss fight just as the MC's group beats the boss, then he is forced to solo the dragon with his own special buffs. He mimics the hero's attack but the dragon already knows it from this chapter, so defends against it, making it a much harder fight. Still wins solo, doesn't even get buffs because they intervene with his self-buffs.
But that's the problem... it makes him too OP... which makes this boring.

It'd be better if he was just the key, but not OP...

Making him the very best in the world means they are just pure dumbasses... and it's just like every other one of these series...

Dex-chan lover
You could also say that because he's a jack of all trades gives him this option. If he really only has a second to activate the massive buff then he needs to time it accurately for his ally's skills. He knows enough swordman, defender, and spellcasting to buff at the right time. It's massive trade off of power vs active time that most if not all others couldn't do. A similar support only caster gets the wrong second to activate it and the buff is wasted and doesn't combo with the ally's skill activation.

His overall strength is mid in all the roles if only compared based on that role alone. As a solo swordman/support caster he's already on par with the hero unbuffed. Maybe even with some basic buffs. If he combines further with solid defender skills, and a team to maneuver and assist then he's going to shine.
Which is my problem... he's so OP...

I honestly think it'd be cooler of a story if he wasn't actually OP but instead made a difference because he can be help.

That adding this enchanter wasn't the wrong move, but kicking him out was.

He could be the little bit that made a difference...

But instead, he's going to be an OP freak that's the sole reason they could be elites...

Dex-chan lover
The way I understand it, it's not that he's the "absolute best". His original 50x buffs are super-short, each one lasts for barely a second. It's just that he's worked with this team for so long that he figured out their habits and short-comings, and he's learned to time his casts in that exact one second. It's also why he was adamant about training with the mage on upper floors, he wanted to perfect his timing for her casts so that there wouldn't be any faulty casts during more dangerous runs.

This approach doesn't actually make him better than other more specialized supports, but it makes him a much better fit for their specific party because both his support and his more generalist skills were tailored to them specifically.
But a 50x boost is still way too OP...

Like, it's an over powered ability. Instead, if his abilities were modest but valuable, something easy to not notice, that's make sense.

But a 50x power boost is broken as f***.

And it does significantly make him better. He can use a higher level than everyone else and time it perfectly... making him by far the best...

Dex-chan lover
This explanation just makes Runa look dumb. You're telling me that she's legit known about the 50x buff and didn't lead with that explanation when the team first discussed kicking Orun? That would be a super easy thing to figure out when they first thought of kicking him. "Hey lets go to a mid tier level and see what it's like when Orun doesn't super buff you." End of discussion. This reveal is stupid.

Dex-chan lover
This explanation just makes Runa look dumb. You're telling me that she's legit known about the 50x buff and didn't lead with that explanation when the team first discussed kicking Orun? That would be a super easy thing to figure out when they first thought of kicking him. "Hey lets go to a mid tier level and see what it's like when Orun doesn't super buff you." End of discussion. This reveal is stupid.
They didn't even believe that MC was actually not weak and useful, and you think they would believe that his buffs was actually so strong it was 5 times stronger than the strongest enchanter on the continent?

About going to lower floors, it has clearly been explained that they didn't want to. Old members didn't want to because they absolutely refused to believe that they're that weak, and the newer member didn't want to because it's "too troublesome" - whatever that meant. So the party kept going into high leveled floors, and MC cared too much to just let them die.

Banned
Glad I waited for Galaxy Degen Scans Chapter 9 so I thank the people for sacrificing their eyes to warn me. Watch as Rightdark-Scan delete their chapter 9 like they did with chapter 8.
As for the chapter itself, at least the hero's party actually acknowledge that they were all dumb to not realize Orun was carrying their asses plus willing to lose face by warning everyone of their blunder. Thanks for the chapter.
doubt those trash will realize, also I refuse to read the one scanlated by rightdark so i might not know the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
LMAO at the Black Dragon just hitting the bricks for brighter climes. It's a pleasant surprise to see the Hero's party actually, albeit begrudgingly, give enough of a shit to warn the populace.

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna be 100%, that girl should have dropped their arses the moment she heard about him being kicked out without her input. But, her character was proven to be so much better because she didn't do so. Not only is she smart, observant and not a push-over but she's also honorable to a party who dishonored her and someone she cares for.

Best girl in my eyes.

Dex-chan lover
thank you gd for not letting rightdark bully you away from this manga like he did to other scanlators on other manga

Dex-chan lover
Nowww she tells them, because the author couldn't have the story even seem to work, without trying to hide the plot hole by having her unaccountably not explain the situation from the outset.

Dex-chan lover
My eyes and brain thank you for this legible translation. I'm convinced MTL stands for monkey translation.

Dex-chan lover
Nowww she tells them, because the author couldn't have the story even seem to work, without trying to hide the plot hole by having her unaccountably not explain the situation from the outset.
It ain't so much as her now telling them, but more of a them now listening.

Dex-chan lover
It ain't so much as her now telling them, but more of a them now listening.
Nope. Had she previously explained, she wouldn't have had to furnish an explanation now. And had she given an explanation earlier, and had it been rejected, then she could have demanded an empirical test, in which he would withhold his support.

We're looking at an enormous plot-hole.

Double-page supporter
None of them died COMMON!! At least kill the shield guy. What a prick.

Dex-chan lover
But that's the problem... it makes him too OP... which makes this boring.

It'd be better if he was just the key, but not OP...

Making him the very best in the world means they are just pure dumbasses... and it's just like every other one of these series...
I think the point just, overall is that while he may be "below average" compared to a fully specialized, S-Rank something-or-other he's also spent 10 years doing this whole thing, and he's also been saddled as the babysitter role for the [Hero's Party]

He never let their buffs expire, he gave good direction to his teammates, he acted as over watch and scout, he put in the time and the research.

They do have some bullshit "OMG He's stacking the buffs?" moments in there, but at least there's a pretense of putting on a show of challenge.

On the other hand I would very much like to know why the Capricious Door teleported the dragon to a whole ass separate dungeon which is objectively weird - Silver Rabbit were doing the Western Dungeon to level 50 before, not the Southern One

Users who are viewing this thread