Yuusha-sama no Osananajimi to Iu Settei no Make Heroine ni Tensei shita no de, Chougoushi ni Job Change Shimasu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Low key I want her to open up her world and just find someone else, and not bother with a love with the hero in the first place.
Like, past MC liked hero and just stayed in the small village (assuming) waiting for him. Why bother going after someone who's just gonna forget you. I don't get it.
Maybe I'm too cold lol

Supporter
@Kevadu Agreed. I guess translation credit should go to Google-sama. There's no way any human being looked at that translation and thought "this is fine".

Dex-chan lover
Just some little things up to page 11... there's more on sentence structure, but these stood out:
Page 5, "pervious" > "previous"
Page 7, "stilll" > "still"
Page 9, "protagonst" > "protagonist"
Page 9, "deafeats" > "defeats"
Page 10, "imporoving" > "improving" & "peoples" > "people's" & "genius who great magical" > "genius who has great magical"
Page 11, "magnifecent" > "magnificent" & "masterpeice" > "masterpiece"
If you need a PR for this, feel free to contact me on discord: @Yue#3067

@Elhao I guess I'm not human then lol. I mean, well I've read worse translations so I think I've become good at guessing the texts 😂

Dex-chan lover
Image #2, #3 and #4 failed to load...
Thanks for the translation but I think you should search for an editor/corrector and work a little more on the typesetting of your chapters before releasing them.

Dex-chan lover
As always, based on an ongoing WN of the same name. https://ncode.syosetu.com/n0552ep/

Vol 2 of the LN version came out on March 2020. https://www.kadokawa.co.jp/product/321911000519/

@Spinaple Trend of putting the plot summary into the title; so readers can see and decide if this is the story for them or not. There's a lot of competition.

Dex-chan lover
Victory for the Childhood friend!

...Yeah no. If the Hero wants to be happy with his love interest character, he can go ahead and do that. She doesn't have to fall for him and they can stay friends.

The translation is a bit...messy and confusing, yeah. I can make do for now though. Probably.

Fed-Kun's army
This girl is weird. If she still retains the memories of her current life, is in love with the Hero, and realizes that she was left behind and forgotten, she should be heartbroken and disillusioned. And if she doesn't actually have those memories and suddenly decides that she'll be the Main Heroine, contrary to the title which says she'll be a compounder, does she have feelings for the guy even before reincarnation? Does she really hate the ending and want to change it that much?
It's probably just a mistranslation but the story would be weird if it actually wasn't.

Supporter
@Kake That's exactly it. There's a lot of guesswork involved because the TL bullshits about every basic thing.

Let's just take the one thing that put me off the most: Who is the protagonist / heroIne of the game.
Page 5: "It "was" my name in my pervious life as a heroine in the rpg game"
Okay, many things wrong with this sentence alone:
1. Yes, I deliberately quoted the typo.
2. Rpg stands for role playing game, no need to add another "game" after that, just like HIV virus.
3. Arguably the way this sentence is built implies that Laura lived her previous life as an rpg heroine and not a human playing said rpg.
But at least it clearly establishes that Laura was the heroine and protagonist. This is even emphasized on page 8: "Yes, I used to play as Laura in my previous favourite rpg title."
Now we get to the very next page 9: "In the rpg the protagonist Luke Ash [...]" Wait, what?
Page 10 is for the most part useless, making no sense at all (btw. I hate panel arrangements like this that don't make it clear if they are intended to be read right to left or top to bottom, especially when the text doesn't make it clear either), but the last panel repeats that now Luke is the hero and protagonist.
On page 12 Laura is now Luke's childhood friend.
Page 14 nameless girl is now the heroine (or heroin, lol).
Page 17, 29, 36 Laura is described as "losing heroine".
Page 18, Luke's the hero, emphasized especially on page 25 when descibing his eye. Page 28, he's also the protagonist.

This is the basic setting. Shit you should get right. Don't contradict yourself every few pages. When there is a literal hero with special powers that's part of the story don't refer to the powerless female lead/love interest as heroine.

Double-page supporter
I got most of it but this would really need another pass over for various mistakes. Heroin is a quite different from Heroine for just one particular instance.

Group Leader
Thank you for the translation! However, I'm asking you to please not scan a series if it is going to be at this quality. It's truly rather sad to see something like this happen to a series, it's akin to ruining the artist's work by not properly presenting something as neat as the original work. If you intend to continue, please recruit a proper Japanese Translator, Proofreader, and Cleaner (these should have been what you said you're looking for on your credits page, not a Korean translator).

Furthermore, this is a relatively new series that was released. It is also popular, so another group that's more experienced was bound to pick it up. I ask that you please continue to work on your skills before releasing content.

@Spinaple In my experience with Japs, they like that content is there in front of you as opposed to the in trend minimalistic approach. And this just got more worse. While some authors creates a shortened name, then create a title with that shortened name.
@Elhao it seemed like they used Google translate instead of using a dictionary for proper translation

Users who are viewing this thread