Yuusha, Yamemasu - Vol. 4 Ch. 22.1

Dex-chan lover
This story is getting kinda dull. Especially since the last couple of (full) chapters were all just a one time scenario with no follow up whatsoever.

@blablablub Well I consider the main story done when Leo tried to commit suicide by demons a few chapters back. IDK what I'd consider this right now cause I really didn't expect much from this series after the truth of who Leo was came out.

Dex-chan lover
after the suicide attempt all chapters feels like another series on their own

Dex-chan lover
@Radlife
Yeah, I feel like that should've been the point to end the manga on. Right now, it doesn't seem like the author has an idea for a coherent story and just for whatever reason doesn't let go of this.

Dex-chan lover
Y’know, for a series about the hero quitting and joinin maou’s army, maou isn’t really a character. It would be nice if Echidna got a bit more development.

It's weird.
There was the set up for an interesting plot with the one girl finding his brother's core, but that seams to have been dropped (for now).
Right now the story feels like it's trying to be an improve the demon's quality of life/build friendly relations with humans story. But the story at this point lacks the set up to be that kind of story. It had a small bit of what makes those kind of stories but, because they haven't really built on it in a while, it's crumbled away.
That combined with the lack of any connecting tissue between these short stories is making this feel like an 'and then' story.

Dex-chan lover
that's how I'm treating the plot, it's like a postgame, the main plot has already ended

Users who are viewing this thread