Yuwakashi Yuusha no Fukushuutan - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Day I Lost Everything

This is a pretty good start, thanks for the translation! Hopefully she has time to grieve a bit before dedicating her character to revenge.

Dex-chan lover
Yay another worthwhile successor/follow up to Candle Princess. It just makes the weekend that much better.

Aggregator gang
Oddly satisfying, but how they build up the whole "I thank them tomorrow" shtick begged for a big turn-around.

The king looks like a scumbag lul. Hopefully he will get the bad karma sooner or layer.

Dex-chan lover
Revenge mc w/ a touch of shoujo ai. Im sold. Almost similar to "do you think you can defeat the demon king"

Nobody had any imagination if they didn't realize how overpowered being able to boil things is

Double-page supporter
Does her ability work with human blood respectively fluids in the body in general? Depending on age the human body consists of more than 50% water. If yes, she basically could "burn" them alive by boiling their blood.

Looking at chapter 2 I guess I was right. :)

Dex-chan lover
Looks rushed just to get to this point, well they at least had the decency to give them a quick death ... I shouldn't be glad for this but hey, we don't need to see much more.

K but like isn't she a little slow?

I mean I wonder why the TYRANNICAL king would try to kill you after you've proved to be a "useless" resource which he needs and there only so happens to be one of, wow I really wonder why the king would do that I just cannot understand

also like why isn't she boiling their blood or something

also thanks for the translation

For me, it's not really how they didn't realise they could use her power in creative ways or that the heroine did not suspect something.
In middle age, the body was a sacred thing and the church did not like human discection and experimentation, so it's possible they did not thought of boilling "other things" due to culture and way of thinking.
Also, we have not seen the demons yet, this manga's version of demons could be biologicaly different and not have water in their bodies.
The heroine could have simply thought that the king was not as ruthless as she heard since she both does not seem very high on intrigue, and it's her first time meeting him.

The thing that's really pushing me to comment was that the king had a really convenient war going on were death was very common, and he did not even consider using that.
The king could have her sent to the battlefield anyway and just watch her die in the hands of the enemy without having to dirty his own hands, then just say that "she died bravely for the kingdom" and there, the end.
If she get's captured, he could make his units fire on the enemies capturing her without minding her safety, "accidentally" killing her in the process.
If she survived and won, he could have either rolled with it, or have her die by "accidental friendly fire".
And if she retreated, he could brand her as a traitor and legitimately execute her.

Pretty much every scenario in this would be a win for him, yet the fact that he did not even thought of it makes me question not only how he conquered half the continent, but how he even stayed as a king for that long and not be crushed by some random plots.

Dex-chan lover
my first thought was that a humans body was 70% water. if the author doesn’t use this as a torture method at least once well then what am i reading a revenge story for?

Double-page supporter
@Kaiven I'm a little late to this, but the best explanation I could come up with is that he's impatient or on the verge of a major breakthrough in this strategy and can't wait. Maybe the front is some distance away or he needs to confirm the hero's death before finding the next one so it's just easier to kill her as fast and surely as possible. Not exactly great reasons, but it's implied to be mostly his brutality that's enabled his rapid expansion, so maybe he's not used to using his wits to deal with an issue like this, especially if it's unprecedented.

Of course these are mostly excuses. As you say, if he sends her to war either she proves useful and that's a win, or she dies and that's a win, so a little patience would pay dividends for the ol' tyrant. I'll probably keep reading but the setup is a bit shaky.

Users who are viewing this thread