Zaako Zako Zako Zako Sensei - Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover

Well fuck me sideways.

Guys? Remember when I said all of this...

Because you have a quartet of lolis who have somehow been sexually awakened and are low-key trying to seduce their teacher while outwardly being in denial over it because they know they can get in trouble for it. So they maintain that facade of bullying him, even against each other.

Thing is, they don't really realize they're all in the same boat, but it's only a matter of time until they do... And then the real fun starts as they begin to compete against each other. (Not that they don't already, but once they realize what the game actually is, that competition is going to get a lot more active and a lot more... creative.)

The only good thing about this is that their only ulterior motive is to score with sensei while maintaining the outward appearance of bullying him - they don't mean him any actual harm, like trying to blackmail him into giving them better grades. They got the hots for him, pure and simple.

What's scary about this is that there is real-world precedence for this kind of thing. You just don't hear about it very often because, in the cases where the child is successful, they're able to keep it under the radar. This is mainly because the children that are smart enough to succeed at the seduction are (usually) the ones that are smart enough to know exactly how much trouble it can cause.

The other case (where it stays quiet, that is) is where the teacher makes a quiet report about the child's behavior through the appropriate channels and the child winds up getting counseling. (Probably the teacher, too, because that sort of thing can do things to a person's mind if it goes far enough.) And then nobody else who doesn't need to know is ever the wiser, because most of the people involved know how sensitive a matter like this is.

I'll bet you anything that if the manga-ka decides to deconstruct this a bit, we'll find that, with the possible exception of Shirai, these girls don't have father figures in their lives. Thing is, at a certain age a girl needs a male figure in her life that is like a father or an older brother - someone that she can be close to and share affection with in a safe environment.

You see, the trope about little girls saying they're gonna marry their father or older brother? Not a trope. That's a real thing, and it's an actual developmental stage in their psychosexual development. Basically, it's practice for the real thing later on down the road where they learn how to be affectionate with the opposite gender while learning the boundaries dictated by social norms. If they're taught no restraint? Then it might become an Electra Complex.

(Keep in mind, that's a very rare outcome as most father's are quick to put on the brakes. That, and they also got Mom to compete with. And they WILL compete with Mom for Daddy's affection.)

But if there's no father/older brother figure at all... Then what you see here in this manga is a strong possibility. They'll look for someone to fulfill that role... and if that person doesn't realize what's going on, then things can get out of control.

(Also, keep in mind the case where the genders are flipped happens, too. Boys go through this phase with their mother figures as well, and without proper attention it can turn into the Oedipus Complex.)

Side note: I worry that Shirai may be a low-key yandere in the making. If they push that girl too far in the wrong direction, that protective nature of hers might flare in a very bad way.

Guess what?

IT'S EVEN WORSE.

Now, I know it's all being played for laughs, but this is the unfortunate thing about comedies like this. You start to deconstruct it even a little bit? Shit gets dark, quick, fast, and in a hurry.

In Chika's case, it's not simply that she's got an absentee parent. Her father is probably psychologically abusing her by holding her to a standard she either has no desire to fulfill or doesn't have it in her character. And when she doesn't rise to meet her father's expectations.... Yeah. That would be where he derides and degrades her. Because her father sees her as nothing but a status symbol - something that he can use to make himself look good to others.

Granted, in Japan its considered kinda extra to brag about your kids... But it's a different matter when your kid is at the bottom of the barrel - at least, as far as your peers are concerned. So it's kinda indirect, but still the same thing: he needs her to make him not look bad in front of everyone else.

And trust me, I know because I've been there, done that, and have the t-shirt.

And when a girl like Chika gets no love or affection from her actual father? She's gonna latch on to the first guy that doesn't treat her like a "thing".

Enter the MC, who does want to see her be successful, but on her own terms. And since he's not related to her, the train for the Electra Complex is rolling down the track, and free steaming at full throttle.

As for Kitsuregawa...

Yeah. Definitely parentified. Her folks aren't around, so she's had to "grow up" in certain ways to take care of her little sisters. Which does deserve mad props, but at the same time I feel really bad for her.

Either way, because she's had to grow up early like that, wanting adult-like things comes as part of the package. Like having the desire for a partner to rely on. Someone who can be "Daddy". (And I don't mean in that Who's Your Daddy kinda way. Much more literal here.)

It won't surprise me much if, despite her reservations, Kitsuregawa will want to introduce MC to her little sisters as someone that can be depended upon.

--------------------------

For reals, though, even if this is comedy, it's all too clear to me that the mangaka here is making a statement about how kids are raised in Japan. I'm not saying that it isn't okay to laugh - by all means, please do so! But at the same time, I feel it wouldn't be out of place to sit next to the mangaka and have a "bruh" moment with them.

Because even though the Japanese have tried to portray their society as being a halcyon setting for a child to grow up in, it's more like that's the exception rather than the rule. Instead, physical and psychological abuse runs rampant and virtually unchecked.

In conclusion...

jurassic-park-being-right.gif

Dex-chan lover

Well fuck me sideways.

Guys? Remember when I said all of this...

Guess what?

IT'S EVEN WORSE.

Now, I know it's all being played for laughs, but this is the unfortunate thing about comedies like this. You start to deconstruct it even a little bit? Shit gets dark, quick, fast, and in a hurry.

In Chika's case, it's not simply that she's got an absentee parent. Her father is probably psychologically abusing her by holding her to a standard she either has no desire to fulfill or doesn't have it in her character. And when she doesn't rise to meet her father's expectations.... Yeah. That would be where he derides and degrades her. Because her father sees her as nothing but a status symbol - something that he can use to make himself look good to others.

Granted, in Japan its considered kinda extra to brag about your kids... But it's a different matter when your kid is at the bottom of the barrel - at least, as far as your peers are concerned. So it's kinda indirect, but still the same thing: he needs her to make him not look bad in front of everyone else.

And trust me, I know because I've been there, done that, and have the t-shirt.

And when a girl like Chika gets no love or affection from her actual father? She's gonna latch on to the first guy that doesn't treat her like a "thing".

Enter the MC, who does want to see her be successful, but on her own terms. And since he's not related to her, the train for the Electra Complex is rolling down the track, and free steaming at full throttle.

As for Kitsuregawa...

Yeah. Definitely parentified. Her folks aren't around, so she's had to "grow up" in certain ways to take care of her little sisters. Which does deserve mad props, but at the same time I feel really bad for her.

Either way, because she's had to grow up early like that, wanting adult-like things comes as part of the package. Like having the desire for a partner to rely on. Someone who can be "Daddy". (And I don't mean in that Who's Your Daddy kinda way. Much more literal here.)

It won't surprise me much if, despite her reservations, Kitsuregawa will want to introduce MC to her little sisters as someone that can be depended upon.

--------------------------

For reals, though, even if this is comedy, it's all too clear to me that the mangaka here is making a statement about how kids are raised in Japan. I'm not saying that it isn't okay to laugh - by all means, please do so! But at the same time, I feel it wouldn't be out of place to sit next to the mangaka and have a "bruh" moment with them.

Because even though the Japanese have tried to portray their society as being a halcyon setting for a child to grow up in, it's more like that's the exception rather than the rule. Instead, physical and psychological abuse runs rampant and virtually unchecked.

In conclusion...

jurassic-park-being-right.gif
who let blud in the kitchen?

Users who are viewing this thread