Zaako Zako Zako Zako Sensei - Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
Is it weird that I actually remember what episode from the Simpsons that last page was from?

Dex-chan lover
For all intents and purpose, lolicon refers to a pedophile in Japan. The only thing is that in otaku circles as long as you keep to 2D you won't be stigmatized as hard. And maybe also that female lolicon/shotacon are less sternly looked at because Japanese society being misogynistic it doesn't really care. But yeah just like in the west, if you want people to hide their children when you come and cut you off, telling them you are a lolicon works as well as telling your western neighbors you are a pedophile.

Edit : they do have a word for pedophile in a more formal sense but it's a mouthful. Think about how even enough we have the word homosexual most people use shorter alternatives like homo or gay.
Retard

Dex-chan lover
If it's a troll it's a bad troll. Translating it through a Twitter filter
It made you (and others) angry, didn't it? Sounds like an effective troll to me.

Sorry to break your bubble, pedo-kun. The only thing you will get if you introduce yourself as a lolicon here in Japan is scorn. Find your promised land somewhere else.
Why would you undermine your testimony by exemplifying the exact issue I spoke of having regarding the discussion of this topic (granted, there was also the unconvincing causal suggestion about misogyny and the overlooking of female lolicons/shotacons, but I didn't initially pay attention to that)?

It's a foregone conclusion that a self-declared lolicon is going to be looked at as strange in polite and non-otaku Japanese society, and much more so if they're a foreigner, so my lack of clarity isn't about that specific scenario. You seem excessively concerned with giving an explanation that'll stick it to the lolicons, to the point that you've mentioned things (like "finding your promised land") that weren't even implied by anyone here.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It made you (and others) angry, didn't it? Sounds like an effective troll to me.

Why would you undermine your testimony by exemplifying the exact issue I spoke of having regarding the discussion of this topic (granted, there was also the unconvincing causal suggestion about misogyny and the overlooking of female lolicons/shotacons, but I didn't initially pay attention to that)?

It's a foregone conclusion that a self-declared lolicon is going to be looked at as strange in polite and non-otaku Japanese society, and much more so if they're a foreigner, so my lack of clarity isn't about that specific scenario. You seem excessively concerned with giving an explanation that'll stick it to the lolicons, to the point that you've mentioned things (like "finding your promised land") that weren't even implied by anyone here.
A self-declared lolicon is going to be looked at as a pedophile in Japanese society. Because one is merely a euphemism for the other.

That the relationship with misogyny doesnt convince you just further confirms that you lack insight into Japanese society. It doesn't take a lot of it to know that women are still to a large extent considered as people who never completely grow up, so them lusting after children is not as bad as men doing so.

Finally, we both know, even if you might deny it, that people who are adamant about "lolicon" being different in meaning from "pedophile" are looking for a refuge in Japanese pop culture so they can euphemise their fetish. It becomes even more obvious when they come and start yapping about their tastes in eromanga characters thinking it's just so different and are surprised when nobody wants to talk to them anymore and people hide their children in their presence.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
A self-declared lolicon is going to be looked at as a pedophile in Japanese society. Because one is merely a euphemism for the other.

That the relationship with misogyny doesnt convince you just further confirms that you lack insight into Japanese society. It doesn't take a lot of it to know that women are still to a large extent considered as people who never completely grow up, so them lusting after children is not as bad as men doing so.

Finally, we both know, even if you might deny it, that people who are adamant about "lolicon" being different in meaning from "pedophile" are looking for a refuge in Japanese pop culture so they can euphemise their fetish. It becomes even more obvious when they come and start yapping about their tastes in eromanga characters thinking it's just so different and are surprised when nobody wants to talk to them anymore and people hide their children in their presence.
Retard

Finally caught up. Good to see now that the girls are developing and being more honest with Sensei we're getting rivals to make up for it.
Edit: scrolled through the past few posts, I think TLing lolicon to pedo is passable in mesugaki contexts. I can see why it'd make other readers uncomfortable though.

Dex-chan lover
Finally caught up. Good to see now that the girls are developing and being more honest with Sensei we're getting rivals to make up for it.
Edit: scrolled through the past few posts, I think TLing lolicon to pedo is passable in mesugaki contexts. I can see why it'd make other readers uncomfortable though.
Because it triggers cognitive dissonance

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully this manga has harem ending. The last few chapters developed the girls very well to the point I don't wanna anyone one of them lose.

But if I must pick one, it'll always be Shirai best girl. Momoka comes in second.

Dex-chan lover
Would? (Page 11)
DVJfEwS.png

the way I've always seen the word lolicon used connotatively in manga/anime is usually lighthearted
like it sort of has a meta-meaning, wagging the finger feeling "hey listen here, we're all having fun, but don't actually do that"

not until recent years have I seen guys online vigorously making the case for translating it

Users who are viewing this thread