Zenbu Kimi no Sei

Gender is a social construct: The Manga

jk, it’s more like the characters are mostly pan, where gender doesn’t really matter with attraction and I really like how they break gender roles and norms. It’s just a romcom with a few extra quirks

This is so good! I haven't seen a transforming gender manga since Ranma1/2! Ryou-Kun is too cute! lol

It just crossed my mind but how would pregnancy work between them? I mean what if they suddenly change gender while pregnant?

@Gundamotaku I think you're skippin' a few steps here. Even before that, you gotta wonder how reproduction would work in general? I mean, imagine them you know, doin' the dirty and then all of a sudden: BAM! A sudden sex change. Now all you're left with is 2 sad people and a non-existent organ.

@Levan072 well I thought about that myself, But I simply thought it would be like dissapearing from inside and suddenly getting poke from the outside right, but pregnancy? now thats a real mystery, though I wouldn't be surprise if there genderbending sickness has a symptom of stopping in case of pregnancy

Jet

Omg, it's so annoying to read through this endless plural forms. Hurts my head. Why can't they just address each other with the pronoun in accordance to their current form, ugh.

@Jet Do you really hate gender-neutral pronouns that much? Nagi doesn't think of themselves as a man or woman so gendered pronouns wouldn't work well on them.

@honeylemonmilktea solid same here. I'm really high key hoping for either a yuri ending or a straight ending with MC as the girl. But as long as the ending makes sense and isn't rushed I'm sure it'll be great. =)

Yo the Mc female and He’s girl stay as a dude, would be interesting no? Like keep it like that for a certain time. Would be satisfying.

GMZ

I might be mistaken, but the translation for「理性」was "reasoning", but on page 4 of Chapter 14, it's being translated as "resolve", and I think "reasoning" is more accurate. At least the definition in most dictionaries lean more to the former. And it would make sense to me, since Ryou seems more concerned with being able to think properly (i.e. think reasonably), though "determination" doesn't seem too far off in context.

I also want to point out what seems to be clever wordplay at work having Ryou use the word 「理性」, because「理」can mean "truth" (as in 真理)and「性」is of course "biological sex" or "gender" (as is 女性・男性). So when Ryou say「俺の理性が。。。」, it's kinda like them saying "Oh no, my true gender..." Well, only if you were to dissect the kanji in such a way.

This is why I love Japanese.

Group Leader
@GMZ I know right! Japanese is very interesting and context based, and finding the right word to fit the situation isn’t always a straightforward endeavor. You’re right with the original meanings, and it could certainly work as “reasoning” too. I thought that “reasoning” was a bit odd in terms of phrasing in English (“good luck, my reason”), and that “resolve” sounded a little better while also covering a bit more of the original context and meaning with its more flexible definitions. It’s kinda like Ryou is finding the resolve or resolution to stop himself from losing control and/or not have his heart swoon to transform. Like he’s trying to keep his mind on track by thinking of other things. I might be a bit off, but this is how I interpreted the line. I’m open to changing it, though.

Users who are viewing this thread