Zettai ni Hatarakitakunai Dungeon Master ga Damin wo Musaboru made - Vol. 8 Ch. 45 - Meat's challenge

I thought I was the only one who was like "wtf"? Considering most of us come here for fun and enjoyment, having a debate over this just seems like an ulcer inducing mess. And work is the only place that has the right to give me an ulcer :LOL:
Think of that as of linguists having fun.

Group Leader
How exactly? 44th chapter is the latest one I found.

P.S. And I did not know you were translating the novel as well reaching chapter 560, no wonder Corona Translation has been inactive lately.
no we just share a discord unrelated translators. also you need to ask for the other version on the discord

Aggregator gang
I think I prefer "Niku" better,
Since it makes more sense.

They're literally saying "Ni-Ku", sure it means meat. But the characters dont call her as the english word "Meat"

Double-page supporter
TLDR: Name change was a internal thing. Mangadex wants 1 version. People overall prefer the "wrong" name. We also want to be wrong enough.
Thing is: it isn't wrong. Niku is a legit human name, but it is incorrect for this series. Why? Because that ties into how terribly they treat slaves. In the case of female slaves, they rename them all "Meat", with the meaning of meat, as in fuckmeat, an object that merely exists to provide their owners sexual pleasure. They aren't even viewed as human, even less so for the demihumans. The name is very intentionally dehumanizing, not intended to be a human name. And yes, Meat was sold to that bandit as a sex slave, something they smoothed over for the manga, for understandable reasons. She got raped, a lot, before the knights came and she got absorbed as a hug pillow. It is horrible, but that's what happened, and that's why she had such dead eyes at first. And the difference of treatment, on top of saving her from being burned to death, is part of why she's so attached now.

But that's actually part of the story, that affects how people see the MC, because he did not change her name. But he (just like the people who insist it should be "Niku") doesn't understand the significance and meaning of that name, assuming something more like meat shield. He did ask her, and she didn't want to change it, so he accepted that. A name being a beastkin's pride, and probably Meat's precocious intentions mixed in, is why Meat went out of the way to prevent anyone else from explaining the name to the MC, knowing full well he'd change it if he knew. Yes, the manga skips over that, so people here have the wrong idea. And it is part of how people perceive him, because even as he dresses her well, feeds her well, and generally treats her well, he (unknowningly) still referrers to her as his fuckmeat, in front of everyone, without any shame. Naturally, everyone thinks he's a shameless pedo as a result, and you can guess what they all think is happening every night.

And it is a
he finds out, and will change her name - as a compromise - to Meat Blackdog.

At another point, he's offered to be married to a very young (noble) girl for political reasons. It was thought that she was perfect, precisely because he's well know as a pedo, via that misunderstanding of Meat's name.

If she was "Niku" and not Meat, that wouldn't have happened, and his reputation would be way better.

FYI: Ichika was also named Meat when she was bought, but went for a name change when offered the chance. And the fact that she isn't still named that, but Meat still is, only feeds the misunderstanding, given that she's a fully and well developed woman, the impression is he prefers his girls like Meat. And Ichika had the same misunderstanding at first, about their relationship being something that it isn't.

@hevensdragon
In the slim chance that you aren't trolling, and I think it is very slim, read the above. You are simply wrong in what you say, but I strongly suspect you know that already and did so from the start. Especially if - as you claim - you read the novels before this. If that's really even the case, you couldn't believe as you claim to, so that's extremely suspect that you aren't trolling one way or the other. Especially with call it "racism" LOL. It is hard to believe that a person who would think so, can also string together complete sentences. You're over-selling it really, need to be more subtle with your trolling.

Dex-chan lover
Thing is: it isn't wrong. Niku is a legit human name, but it is incorrect for this series. Why? Because that ties into how terribly they treat slaves. In the case of female slaves, they rename them all "Meat", with the meaning of meat, as in fuckmeat, an object that merely exists to provide their owners sexual pleasure. They aren't even viewed as human, even less so for the demihumans. The name is very intentionally dehumanizing, not intended to be a human name. And yes, Meat was sold to that bandit as a sex slave, something they smoothed over for the manga, for understandable reasons. She got raped, a lot, before the knights came and she got absorbed as a hug pillow. It is horrible, but that's what happened, and that's why she had such dead eyes at first. And the difference of treatment, on top of saving her from being burned to death, is part of why she's so attached now.

But that's actually part of the story, that affects how people see the MC, because he did not change her name. But he (just like the people who insist it should be "Niku") doesn't understand the significance and meaning of that name, assuming something more like meat shield. He did ask her, and she didn't want to change it, so he accepted that. A name being a beastkin's pride, and probably Meat's precocious intentions mixed in, is why Meat went out of the way to prevent anyone else from explaining the name to the MC, knowing full well he'd change it if he knew. Yes, the manga skips over that, so people here have the wrong idea. And it is part of how people perceive him, because even as he dresses her well, feeds her well, and generally treats her well, he (unknowningly) still referrers to her as his fuckmeat, in front of everyone, without any shame. Naturally, everyone thinks he's a shameless pedo as a result, and you can guess what they all think is happening every night.

And it is a
he finds out, and will change her name - as a compromise - to Meat Blackdog.

At another point, he's offered to be married to a very young (noble) girl for political reasons. It was thought that she was perfect, precisely because he's well know as a pedo, via that misunderstanding of Meat's name.

If she was "Niku" and not Meat, that wouldn't have happened, and his reputation would be way better.

FYI: Ichika was also named Meat when she was bought, but went for a name change when offered the chance. And the fact that she isn't still named that, but Meat still is, only feeds the misunderstanding, given that she's a fully and well developed woman, the impression is he prefers his girls like Meat. And Ichika had the same misunderstanding at first, about their relationship being something that it isn't.

@hevensdragon
In the slim chance that you aren't trolling, and I think it is very slim, read the above. You are simply wrong in what you say, but I strongly suspect you know that already and did so from the start. Especially if - as you claim - you read the novels before this. If that's really even the case, you couldn't believe as you claim to, so that's extremely suspect that you aren't trolling one way or the other. Especially with call it "racism" LOL. It is hard to believe that a person who would think so, can also string together complete sentences. You're over-selling it really, need to be more subtle with your trolling.
Recall my first post were I stated that I hesitated to call it racism as it seemed overboard, on a scale of how bad it is, I would put it a 1 out of 10. But it is still the correct word none the less which is why I used it. The reason it is is quite simple, look at the comments that are pushing for it changed. So many with aversions to Japanese words, many frame it as its to difficult to remember, or other excuses, but they are just that. You to seem to be debating whether it is actually a name or a insulting label. Beastkin in this series are extremely attached to their names, trying to live up to the. Which is why a compromise had to be made. She fully took it on as her name and it ceased to be just a label long ago, even putting it in official documentation. Now I will be clear, I don't know were the manga is at so sorry if I put spoilers outside the tags, I did in fact drop it after this. Now you also seem to be questioning if I have in fact read the novel, to which I do have to ask, does that matter in any way, does it affect any points? The answer is no, but as questioning if I have read it is a way of removing credibility to easier dismiss what I am saying I will put some novel spoilers at the end.
Accusing me of trolling is also another method of dismissing. Zira and his group have always had chat "lawyers" who manage chat by using crowed working tactics and like to frame any who complain as trolls to run them out. (another reason I washed my hands of this series) Finding out that this manga team is connected to him left a bad taste, and was a major reason I didn't keep reading.
Btw they rename all slave meat not just female ones, for female it means sexual, for males it means meat shield, which Niku focuses more on the male meaning which is why she focuses so much on being a fighter.
orichalcum wires in a multi layer dungeon with flood gates, attempts to turn Niku into a man by a nobles daughter, a succubus as a ring, Living armor and a angel. Do these give enough to indicate I have in fact read the novel?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Chapter 45: Meat's Challenge

I'll tell you what meat's real challenge is: it's charcoal. It can never beat the clean, efficient, even heating of propane (and propane accessories). I bet the fire dungeon next door uses propane, I tell ya what.

Users who are viewing this thread