Zettai ni Hatarakitakunai Dungeon Master ga Damin wo Musaboru made - Vol. 8 Ch. 45 - Meat's challenge

Group Leader
All of what your saying is based on that its not her name, but it literally is undermining everything else your saying. If she needs to sign her name its what she wrights, when she introduces herself its what she says, when she registers as a adventurer is what she puts. It is 100% undeniably her name. Names are come up with and often based on words, but once assigned to a person it shifts from being a word to a name.
You are complaining about a name, something that gets localized all the time. The MC is JP and communicates with ideas that are automatically translated without conscious thought to what ever is needed. He is not speaking Japanese only thinking in it so everything is translated to Japanese. Meat/Niku is a translated name well more of a translated title a non proper noun that got translated to niku/meat. Other people have proper names that are not translated. Everyone around him hears sex slave when he talks as its not Japanese as they dont speak Japanese. The MC made barking noises just last chapter but he was able to understand the name as "Rin" to Rokuko it was a bunch of barking noises.

Given that when asked "What is you name" the word got translated and thus was not a proper name. Its the same as if sakuraniku getting translated to cherry blossom meat when it actually means horse meat. Honestly now that i think about it we can call her sakura

The MC has no idea what he is actually saying. He cant even write, he needs someone else to write for him as he merely sees the meaning. So LDM is basically a story that is translated to Japanese via the MC's viewpoint. To stay true to the author's intent would be to translate the name to meat. To stay true to the JP Publisher's demands it would be Niku(but that looks like it changed to meat now).

When stories change mediums they need to be changed to fit that medium.
When stories cross languages you need change stuff to fit with in the language. For example a direct translation of "Makati ang dila" is itchy tongue but it really means chatterbox.
Satoshi, Han Ji-woo and Ash Ketchum all refer to the same person.

People who prefer Meat to Niku also prefer Dubs over Subs it's a fact.
just discount that you are reading a localized translated text. Honestly the MC is living in a MTL Dubbed life.

Dex-chan lover
You are complaining about a name, something that gets localized all the time. The MC is JP and communicates with ideas that are automatically translated without conscious thought to what ever is needed. He is not speaking Japanese only thinking in it so everything is translated to Japanese. Meat/Niku is a translated name well more of a translated title a non proper noun that got translated to niku/meat. Other people have proper names that are not translated. Everyone around him hears sex slave when he talks as its not Japanese as they dont speak Japanese. The MC made barking noises just last chapter but he was able to understand the name as "Rin" to Rokuko it was a bunch of barking noises.

Given that when asked "What is you name" the word got translated and thus was not a proper name. Its the same as if sakuraniku getting translated to cherry blossom meat when it actually means horse meat. Honestly now that i think about it we can call her sakura

The MC has no idea what he is actually saying. He cant even write, he needs someone else to write for him as he merely sees the meaning. So LDM is basically a story that is translated to Japanese via the MC's viewpoint. To stay true to the author's intent would be to translate the name to meat. To stay true to the JP Publisher's demands it would be Niku(but that looks like it changed to meat now).

When stories change mediums they need to be changed to fit that medium.
When stories cross languages you need change stuff to fit with in the language. For example a direct translation of "Makati ang dila" is itchy tongue but it really means chatterbox.
Satoshi, Han Ji-woo and Ash Ketchum all refer to the same person.

just discount that you are reading a localized translated text. Honestly the MC is living in a MTL Dubbed life.
You realize that if everything is translated to the MC yet her name was not because its a name and would lose its meaning. Its why he failed to realize what it was. Literally the story telling you names shouldn't be translated.

Group Leader
You realize that if everything is translated to the MC yet her name was not because its a name and would lose its meaning. Its why he failed to realize what it was. Literally the story telling you names shouldn't be translated.
If it wasnt translated then why was it translated to "niku" for the MC instead of something like Ancillae or a few random kana.

If you go back and read the part when the MC asks her name. "It's the same as the Harpy. Meat. I am called Meat. Master" she says called not named after all she is a "toy". Fast forward to Ichika she says "I was also called 'meat(ニク)'" then she suggests Ichika(イチカ) as a combo of Itsudaka(イシダカ)(Ishidaka) and salt(塩)(shio) which confuses the MC as clearly Ichika and Itsudaka was not translated but salt was. So he has no idea how salt is actually said or spelled. He then writes it off as a translator thing.

Feel free to read the raws. Im not reading into the lack of kanji because the raw is kanji light compared to other stuff i edit. Its kinda weird.

Dex-chan lover
this is the dumbest debate just react and move on guys
why talk about the loli's name when you could talk about her body, cuteness, overall desirability

Dex-chan lover
If it wasnt translated then why was it translated to "niku" for the MC instead of something like Ancillae or a few random kana.

If you go back and read the part when the MC asks her name. "It's the same as the Harpy. Meat. I am called Meat. Master" she says called not named after all she is a "toy". Fast forward to Ichika she says "I was also called 'meat(ニク)'" then she suggests Ichika(イチカ) as a combo of Itsudaka(イシダカ)(Ishidaka) and salt(塩)(shio) which confuses the MC as clearly Ichika and Itsudaka was not translated but salt was. So he has no idea how salt is actually said or spelled. He then writes it off as a translator thing.

Feel free to read the raws. Im not reading into the lack of kanji because the raw is kanji light compared to other stuff i edit. Its kinda weird.
Simple, lazy author. Things that don't get translated he hears as is, He heard niku as as as he actually did state it didn't get translated when explaining why he didn't realized the meaning of it. Yet somehow its the same word as it would be in Japanese. You are right it should have been a random gibberish word, but again that is just more reason why it shouldn't be so blatant. But the author was to lazy (or lets be real there was other intentions in calling her niku) to come up with words in unique language.
Now as someone coming from the WN I do feel the need to warn you, the author loves wordplay, there is a lot of the whole written like this but read as somthing else type of wordplay, I would have to check how he went about it exactly in the WN, but the being kanji light thing is probably do to it, I think he did a lot of phonetically similar words or somthing. Ziru had a hell of a time with the wordplay. I think he only used kanji for wordplay to make it stand out.

Group Leader
Simple, lazy author. Things that don't get translated he hears as is, He heard niku as as as he actually did state it didn't get translated when explaining why he didn't realized the meaning of it. Yet somehow its the same word as it would be in Japanese. You are right it should have been a random gibberish word, but again that is just more reason why it shouldn't be so blatant. But the author was to lazy (or lets be real there was other intentions in calling her niku) to come up with words in unique language.
Now as someone coming from the WN I do feel the need to warn you, the author loves wordplay, there is a lot of the whole written like this but read as somthing else type of wordplay, I would have to check how he went about it exactly in the WN, but the being kanji light thing is probably do to it, I think he did a lot of phonetically similar words or somthing. Ziru had a hell of a time with the wordplay. I think he only used kanji for wordplay to make it stand out.
oh man wow hmm have you ever checked the discord we link.
why talk about the loli's name when you could talk about her body, cuteness, overall desirability
because its fun idk about the other guy.

Dex-chan lover
People who prefer Meat to Niku also prefer Dubs over Subs it's a fact.
As much as I laugh at the "it's all according to keikaku" sub I'd rather get a dub that goes with "it's all according to plan" than that. And that's coming from someone who absolutely goes for the JP voices in anything to the point of getting massively annoyed at how most global released gacha games recently default to EN voice instead of JP... at least let us choose which to download first when downloading the files...

All jokes(and small rant) aside, as always context matters, I find it funny that the other person that loves boasting about being a WN/LN reader just love to ignore any counterargument to them pertaining to the context of the "name". And as much as I want to support fanTLs there's also no point ignoring the fact that the official TL is also using Meat other than to be tinfoily about hidden agendas and whatnot.

Not to mention the "warning" the other person left that the author of the series loves "wordplay" even though the "wordplay" author has used so far has been surface level "wordplay"(if you can call it that), I'd give them more credit for that warning if author is as deep as NisiOisiN with the wordplay but it isn't. Hydra already mentioned that Keima's understanding everything through an (essentially)mtl where some translations get wonky and shit and he just works his way through understanding how it would potentially mean(which results in the "name" situation being as it is).

Dex-chan lover
ok...and that answers what exactly?
Wait a sec, are you Zirus comment "lawyer".
Omfg you really are just insufferable and lack the smallest amount of brain cells to connect the dots huh... god this is pointless..

To anybody willing to explain to this person good luck and I commend your patience.

Dex-chan lover
If it's not even supposed to be her "name" how does it make it a "noun".

You misusing the term racist/racism is akin to twitter bitching about pedophile and conflating it to lolicon/shotacon. Like you're quite literally making a massive stink over a minor issue that will most likely be forgotten since from what other LN/WN readers have mentioned she's gonna get an actual name latter on. Which thank you I'm adding racism/racist to the list of terms that just lost all meaning nowadays due to how people misuse/overuse it... god this list is gonna be filled with all of the words in the dictionary by the next decade.

Honestly funny how you say it's "internationally deemed improper" when you haven't really presented an actual case to back your point aside from your what if scenarios that is already countered by others using the literal same what if scenario on past comment threads. Not to mention you flat out ignoring that even the official TL also going with Meat, just because "official TL can't be trusted because they're pushing an agenda(or whatever the fuck tinfoil reason you gave back then)"

All this just boils down to is how people act on the behest of others even though they don't actually know how the real "affected" people would react. The scenario where they usually say "I'm not a part of this minority group but I feel what they feel" often times spoken by privileged people.

So for closing since it's pointless to "argue" with you, goodbye you will not be missed, you'd more likely be remembered as the bullheaded petty person.
ignoring a comment isn't countering.
you demand links and proof but do not give any yourself, I have pointed you at things before, but you just ignore that as you don't want sources you want to undermine points by demanding sources.
she gets a last name added to her name. I've told you this before as have many commenters, but you only cherry pick.
a majority decided to reject another language and culture, that is racism

Dex-chan lover
Omfg you really are just insufferable and lack the smallest amount of brain cells to connect the dots huh... god this is pointless..

To anybody willing to explain to this person good luck and I commend your patience.
Oh sure asking you to state what point your making is insufferable, you point out your hosted on Zirus discord, Ziru who used niku as the name and runs counter to all your points, that's not confusing in any way. It in no way answers or addresses any point I made, so wanting to know why exactly it matters that your on Zirus discord or why your wanting me to look there makes no sense at all, sure seems like your just dodging the question as you don't actually have a counterpoint, though that is your style, its why when you earlier tried to jump in I just ignored you and talked to others, your worthless to talk to as you just ignore all points and are so manipulative.

Dex-chan lover
I thought I was the only one who was like "wtf"? Considering most of us come here for fun and enjoyment, having a debate over this just seems like an ulcer inducing mess. And work is the only place that has the right to give me an ulcer :LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread