Zettai ni Hatarakitakunai Dungeon Master ga Damin wo Musaboru made - Vol. 9 Ch. 52 - Three Days Of Competition

Dex-chan lover
I am reminded of Hardison making the three St Nicholas statues on Leverage.

Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
It's strange to see Rokuko behave like that. Has the MC frogotten that she is a total psycho and literally a man-eating monster? Guess I'll be rooting for the Saintess for fun, despite better judgement.
But.. but.. she was the greatest you know!!

Dex-chan lover
this is actually interesting. for a manga I picked up while in my "bad iskeai" reading phase, this one easily stands above many of the others. I'm actually looking forward to the next chapter

Group Leader
Nah I am fairly certain it said somewhere in a previous chapter that she feeds on the adventurers that die in the dungeon (unless I am confusing this one with a different manga). She's basically a venus fly trap and the MC pondered about how she didn't feel any emotions towards those people dying. Something like that
Think of a living being as a water balloon filled with mana. When they die the mana is released. It doesn't mater where the mana comes from as long as its not from her/her monsters just that its mana.

Does not care for the soul aka you can be revived. the body is just trash you can feed monsters with maybe. Honestly a lot of monsters are used as food for higher ranking monsters. But dungeon cores dont need to consume anything, they do it for enjoyment.

Trapping Adventurers is a long time is the best solution. Check ch37 for the trapped hero. but yes in a way dungeons are venus fly traps that consume mana from living beings and attract them using different methods but its not needed if they have like a mana vein.

There is a dungeon that doesn't really kill anything but grass and is basically a empty grass field

Dex-chan lover
By the way, you can congratulate our team! We finally caught up with ongoing! Now there will be a new chapter no more than once a month!

Damn, that marathon was exhausting...
wait what? manga is that far behind light novel? Will have to wait ages before we get to my favorite succubus arc :pout:

Dex-chan lover
Nah I am fairly certain it said somewhere in a previous chapter that she feeds on the adventurers that die in the dungeon (unless I am confusing this one with a different manga). She's basically a venus fly trap and the MC pondered about how she didn't feel any emotions towards those people dying. Something like that
She feeds on mana, as someone else said; the dungeon itself consumes dead adventurers and people and monsters and the like, absorbing the detritus as a self-cleaning function. They don't require killing people at all, but adventurers want to go in and break cores, so they defend themselves, sometimes lethally. For those who never have the ameliorating effects of a dungeon master, all they see is people trying to murder them from day one; not really much of a reason not to murder humans to ensure their own safety, after all.

wait what? manga is that far behind light novel? Will have to wait ages before we get to my favorite succubus arc
Hey, at least their translation work is going to go faster than Ziru's Musings' translation work... q_q

Fed-Kun's army
Wasn't the Saintess both a member of the Church and a Holy nation of some kind? Isn't what shes doing here straight up an act of War? Her Religion isn't followed in the nation Kehma's in so she has no power from the church here and they treat dungeons and villages that they spawn as kingdom/empire (forgot which it is) land.

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't the Saintess both a member of the Church and a Holy nation of some kind? Isn't what shes doing here straight up an act of War? Her Religion isn't followed in the nation Kehma's in so she has no power from the church here and they treat dungeons and villages that they spawn as kingdom/empire (forgot which it is) land.
She's a religious Zealot who believes her way is the only way to please her god. She won't care about the local laws she's breaking as long as her religion's edicts are followed, as she sees them.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

Another Keima shenanigan that make their enemy got massive headache...
XD...

Dex-chan lover
"the church has foot fetish commandment" ooohh
"give me your ring and i will give u another" nooo
she made me jump ship too fast

I find it strange that they didn't include the line from the LN where Keima remarks on how Rokuko was being really smart with that bet, saying that there's no way the saintess gets either him or the ring since if she wins they'd both be dead (Rokuko's response was that she didn't consider that). imo this line is rather important. it does a lot to display the level of growth of Rokuko's character. it shows that Rokuko is still impulsive, but unlike at the beginning of the series she cares about things. being impulsive hedonistically and being impulsive due to attachment to someone else is a very significant difference. it also explicitly defines the stakes of the bet and the scene as a whole, making the saintess' goals seem trivial but the threat caused by her to feel very real.
I'm rather fond of lines in stories that are able to covey this much is such a small space. really sucks that they didn't keep it in...

Dex-chan lover
I find it strange that they didn't include the line from the LN where Keima remarks on how Rokuko was being really smart with that bet, saying that there's no way the saintess gets either him or the ring since if she wins they'd both be dead (Rokuko's response was that she didn't consider that). imo this line is rather important. it does a lot to display the level of growth of Rokuko's character. it shows that Rokuko is still impulsive, but unlike at the beginning of the series she cares about things. being impulsive hedonistically and being impulsive due to attachment to someone else is a very significant difference. it also explicitly defines the stakes of the bet and the scene as a whole, making the saintess' goals seem trivial but the threat caused by her to feel very real.
I'm rather fond of lines in stories that are able to covey this much is such a small space. really sucks that they didn't keep it in...
For better or worse, the manga artist seems to be a much more action oriented story teller. Many scenes were there is battle seem to be shown in more detail or have been expanded more than what is shown in the light novel while other dialog scenes seem to be compressed into summaries or skipped somewhat.

Rin's invasion of the dungeon was significantly longer in the manga than what is shown in the light novel. As for Core 112's dungeon battle, there were corrections to the battle sequence that were not elaborated on in the light novel.

Domestic scenes such as Kinue explaining how the Chef skill worked was also changed and shortened.

Group Leader
For thoses who are wondering where is the next chapter we are waiting for the CN raws as they are better then the JP raws by a huge margin. Then the Cn raws get cleaned and have the JP sfx put in.

Users who are viewing this thread