Zettai ni Hatarakitakunai Dungeon Master ga Damin wo Musaboru made

I don't think the argument "it's historically accurate!" holds any weight for a story set in a fictional world that clearly isn't Earth. None of the novels include it as a nod to historical accuracy they all include it for fetishistic reasons. The "historical accuracy" argument also sure as fuck doesn't hold any weight when the protagonist of an Isekai story is almost universally from modern day Japan. In the modern world slavery is uncommon and rightfully considered abhorrent. Which makes numerous Isekai protagonists buying into it with no compunction even creepier.

@Uthred The only thing i'll give you is it being odd that someone from modern day would find it easy to purchase a slave. If slavery is a concept in the world a writer makes then I have no issue with seeing it. I am not the type of person to complain something that is negative is in a story. If we follow those rules then any story on war should pretty much never be written. I have read some stories where the MC didn't want to purchase a slave but saw the alternative that would happen to them if they didn't buy said person. It's a system that is there that you can't change as a singular individual. The short sighted outlook leads to them buying the slave to at least give them a better life as a person or free them.

Now to address the fetish outlook to it. People get off to practically anything in this word. BDSM exist because someone wants to be a slave to someone else. Silly to rag on writers for it. I also want to point that slavery in LN is not as bad as you think it is. There are way more stories that don't involve slavery. The slavery ones just stick out the most in your head so you remember them a lot more because you dislike the subject. Hope that helps shed some light there. Sorry for the wall of text. It just bugs me when I see someone generalize an entire demographic like that. Makes you look petty.

I don't consider two short paragraphs a "wall of text" so no worries there. Sadly that can't be said for the actual content. Where to start.

"Now to address the fetish outlook to it. People get off to practically anything in this word. BDSM exist because someone wants to be a slave to someone else. Silly to rag on writers for it."

You are aware that this isn't actually a defence for it's inclusion? In fact that point you were responding to was that writers don't include it for ersatz historical accuracy, they include it for fetishistic titillation. "It makes people horny so its ok" is simply restating the point I was making, and no, its fine to "rag on" writers for any content they include.

" If slavery is a concept in the world a writer makes then I have no issue with seeing it. I am not the type of person to complain something that is negative is in a story. If we follow those rules then any story on war should pretty much never be written."

Good for you. I too don't mind seeing "something that is negative" included in a narrative, assuming it serves some larger narrative purpose. So you can take your little straw man about "following those rules" and jog on.

" I have read some stories where the MC didn't want to purchase a slave but saw the alternative that would happen to them if they didn't buy said person."

You are aware that "It makes my life better" is hardly a morally defensible argument for opting into a system of slavery? Actually I honestly don't think you are.

" It's a system that is there that you can't change as a singular individual."

Similarly, "I can't completely abolish slavery so I guess I'll opt into it" is equally morally indefensible. It's also often complete bollocks given how OP most Isekai characters are and how they could easily create significant social change.

"The slavery ones just stick out the most in your head so you remember them a lot more because you dislike the subject."

I don't have a problem with fictional depictions of slavery. I'm perfectly capable of making the distinction between fiction and reality. The difference is that I don't feel it should get a pass when handled poorly. To be clear, I find the common usage of slavery in Japanese Isekai LN's for fetishistic pandering to be creepy. I find ostensibly normal members of modern society unthinkingly opting into systems of slavery to be creepy (and it breaks my suspension of disbelief but thats secondary). I find slavery is seldom if ever explored or used with anything even approach nuance in these stories. My distaste is not for the subject at hand it is for the manner in which it is employed.

"It just bugs me when I see someone generalize an entire demographic like that. Makes you look petty."

No, this makes me look petty. What "demographic" did I generalise? Did you perhaps mean medium? Because "Japanese LN's" is not a demographic. Though I will agree I should have been more specific and said "Japanese Isekai LN's" (Which would also not be a demographic, it would be a genre, though an almost pointlessly broad category of one). I suppose it bugs me when people make elementary mistakes while trying to talk down to others?

@Yoshi2Dark It's really freaking annoying and childish. One of the few days of the year I loathe. I hope they release a serious copy. Really. It's a custom that needs to be done away with.

Actually made reading it pretty hard but not impossible. Great April Fools prank imo

Dex-chan lover
C'mon guys, just wait 24 hours for the real chapter, is april fool, you get mad you lose.

I saw the page of it on the official test manga. Nice April fools. Ignore the comment section as these impatient people really can't take a joke and shut their yapper about this was a bad joke.

I expect something funny again next year! 🤣

You can get fixed chapter here: https://www78.zippyshare.com/v/82FXdwFF/file.html

Group Leader
@Rugid that isnt the actual chapter its just a rip from the tl in the april fools chapter and you cant read some of the tl cause its a rip

Users who are viewing this thread