Zettai ni Yatte wa Ikenai Isekai Shoukan - Vol. 2 Ch. 15 - Concerning the Start of a Catfight

Contributor
Who is the least sane? Ulfina, Mia, Hiroshi, the mangaka, the scanlators, or the readers?

Dex-chan lover
I like how messy the new fluff drawn.
She is wild fluff so of course her fluff is supposed to not be silky smooth like she bath with shampoo every day.

@blablablub

I asked myself the same thing. I decided to consult the dictionary in case this wasn't an incorrect translation. Apparently an archaic meaning of the word is stepmother. Why someone would use the archaic form of the world is beyond me. If this isn't a translation mistake, then I'd assume when translation happened for whatever reason they got pointed towards that instead of stepmother.

Dex-chan lover
Page 6, in English, your mother-in-law is your spouses (husbands/wifes) mother. If wolf girl's father remarried then the correct word is stepmother.

Group Leader
Well uh, this is rather embarrassing. Mother-in-Law is indeed a translation mistake. Hax confused 故 with 姑. The former means "consequently", and the latter means "mother-in-law". This got past me during my 2pass because I usually only retranslate a line if I feel like something's wrong. And since I did the check after I just woke up, my brain was rather sluggish and never thought "Hey, mother-in-law doesn't make sense cuz she's not fucking married yet". So in essence, this was a result of Hax being bad at life (I'm gonna give him so much shit for this lmao) and me just being dumb. I'll include a note about it in the next chapter's endpage as well.

Dex-chan lover
@Hoezell Just because a word has its origins in antiquity does not mean it is no longer in use. If you were to go saying to someone this is my mother-in-law and you meant your fathers wife you would confuse the living hell out of them and they would then wonder who your wife is.

If you are so wise though, do pray-tell what term you would use. And please spare me the stick of saying I would introduce them as my mother, because that is equally misleading. Words have meaning for a reason there bub.

Dex-chan lover
@jjhoonster I absolutely love the notes between you and your team. I like how aware our MC is to this plot progression and calling out things. Thanks for the translations.

Users who are viewing this thread