Zipang

Dex-chan lover
This story is starting to bug me, some.

The modern sailors are allies of the United States. They should know enough history to have heard of the atrocities committed by Japan in China and Korea, including 'research' in bacteriological warfare and sex slavery. I realize that Japanese schools kind of gloss over these details, but surely JSDF personnel are made aware of their history to a greater extent, particularly the officers. The democratic government, economic power, and prosperous living of Japan all exist because of American assistance and influence. The officers and crew of the "Mirai" should reluctantly welcome an American victory over the Imperial system.

I cannot foresee Imperial Japan benefiting from the intervention of a modern warship. If anything, it would hasten the deployment of the Atom Bomb. Perhaps the U.S., learning of the Japanese 'super weapon', would decide to drop the bomb before the Alamogordo test was completed, against the possibility that Japan was on its way to developing its own A-bomb.

Hiroshima was chosen as the target that day in part because it had clear weather. What other city might have been destroyed, had the Manhattan Project been accelerated due to fears of a 'super-weapon', or some amazing leap in Japanese war technology? Kyoto had originally been on the list of candidate cities, but was struck off because of its high civilian population and cultural significance. But a more desperate United States might have targeted the Old Capitol in order to maximize the symbolic impact.

Contributor
@ DanYHKim

Many japanese that I know don't know too much about the crimes Japan has committed and even events where Japan is depicted as the loser and that is not their fault but japanese government and their denial of the war crimes committed by the military.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_history_textbook_controversies

Story of a japanese woman who went to school in Australia and when she went back to Japan, she noticed the lack of info schools gave about Japan's history.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21226068

Imagine the Nazis saying nothing happened here, we didn't do nothing bad, we weren't the bads, China, Korea and many other countries hate us because they are jealous, but japanese government version.

Ministry of Education.: 20th Century? What is that? We don't know anything.

Historical negationism is strong if Japan.

Manga like this and GATE JSDF are basically propaganda or at least Japanese nationalist's wet dream.

Many friends told me that at weekends you can see people (ultranationalist) in their trucks insulting people (chinese and korean), protesting in front of many embassies (often chinsese and korean) and broadcasting propaganda, military music and the national anthem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyoku_dantai

So just to be clear, I'm critizing Japanese Government, not te japanese people.

EDIT: I watch this and remember this topic, so you may want to watch this xD
How Do The Japanese Feel About China? | ASIAN BOSS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Gz0vNZftA

Good manga.
Keep it up till the last volume.

I took a peek this author new series. Titled "Kuubo Ibuki".
He sometimes hit and miss but still enjoyable.

Group Leader
@goronyanpai - You do realize this series is 43 volumes long, right? Less than one quarter of the series has been scanlated so far, even though the first chapter was done in 2005.

FWIW, I have all 43 volumes, and all 10 volumes of Kuubo Ibuki that have been published so far. What I don't have is the time to work on this, since I am currently working on nine other series.

Seems like the most recent release is chapter 122 by Lolscans. Are they against hosting their chapters on mangadex?

Date: 16 August 1945

Place: White House Oval Office

Gen. George Marshall, Chief of Staff: “Mr. President, we’ve gotten word that Japan has refused to surrender”

President Harry Truman: “Even after the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?”

Gen. Marshall : “Even after that, I don’t know what they’re thinking, but I don’t believe that they have any idea of the risk they run by holding out.”

Pres. Truman: “<sigh> Okay, if they won’t surrender, then Operation Downfall is a go.”

Gen Marshall: “ We are at D-90 for Operation Olympic, the opening phase to seize the southern third of Kyushu for a staging area for the main operation, Operation Coronet, the invasion of Honshu, which is at D-150. Second and Sixth Armies are ready to start staging in Okinawa for Olympic’s opening phase. First, Third, Fouth and Fifth Armies are ready to receive transfer orders to the Pacific Theater.”

Truman: “What are the estimated casualties from all this?”

Marshall: “If we face the same level of opposition as we did in Okinawa, we’re looking at 500,000 to 750,000 for Olympic. The Japanese could lose over 20% of the population of Kyushu, about 1-2.5 million. For Coronet, invading forces could be seeing upward of 2-3 million casualties or more. Japan could lose about 5-10 Million people, both military and civilian.”

Truman: “God help us. Is there any way to reduce American casualties?”

Marshall: “We could go with Option K: Up to 15 “Fat Man” bombs targeted at the largest Japanese cities, pre-invasion.”

Truman: “What would be the result?”

Marshall: ‘We’re estimating that Japanese casualties could be as high as 40-55% of their population from the bombs, another 20-30% from starvation, cause by radioactive contamination of the soil and waters around Japan. American casualties could be reduced to a fifth or tenth of projections without Option K.”

Truma: “<sigh> Okay, General. We’ll go with Option K, set at D-135. I wonder if Japan would be able to survive as a nation after this. If their leadership only surrendered....”

Aggregator gang
@Ouranos
No problem.
I been waiting for this manga continuation for almost 10 years already. I first read it at Mangapark, but the scanlation group that translate it dropped the project.
Glad I found it continue it here (2 months ago) and it's scanlation site.

Dex-chan lover
This manga is very good but it's still a long way to finish this translation. I read it in my native language since the scans are at chapter 259.
But thanks for the effort and good luck finish it!

Dex-chan lover
love some of it, but the weirdness with the mirai, and the author's fascination with his "zipang" is just too much

Same
I remembered I already read this up to volume 25-30ish on my local publication.
Really hoped it would catch up to where I remember left it off xd

Users who are viewing this thread