Zom 100 ~100 Things I Want to do Before I Become a Zombie~ - Vol. 7 Ch. 23 - Spartathlon of the Dead

Dex-chan lover
"We're out of gas, stranded in the middle of the endless plains of Hokkaido and the next resupply is several dozen kilometers away."
"Let's run 246 km in a day'n'something!"
"Sure thing!"
Because of fokin' course. This manga never disappoints. Oh, well; they look like having fun so...

Double-page supporter
@Bumblebeta Having a supernatural element doesn't really excuse stupid stuff like this when it's not established at all. They even acknowledge that it's impossible but then just do it anyway because of limit break mind over matter shit. I'd be cool if it was a marathon or something, because that is somewhat believable but still pretty absurd. A spartathlon is running almost 6 marathons back to back. At this point why not just will your skin to be strong enough to survive zombie bites or just cure the virus by telling the zombies to will themselves not to be zombies. It's stupid stuff in a stupid manga and sometimes it's fun to consider how stupid it actually is.

Dex-chan lover
One of the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in a zombie series. Like literally stupid, actual idiocy. Bring no water, food with you, run 146km distance that is physically impossible for an office worker with terrible body condition, while surrounded by zombies. Author gives no shit about writing things that make sense.

@xystus the ridiculousness of it is why we love this manga. It's been silly from the start. Remember that zombie shark with legs?

Dex-chan lover
@LazySage making the zombies do goofy thing is fine, because it's supernatural thing and you can even make them crawl on 4 legs with cow tits for all I care, but writing humans doing physically impossible thing that put their lives in danger in a zombie apocalypse is where I start calling things bullshit.

Like there's a fine line between fun ridiculousness like MC's best friend being covered in poop kind of ridiculous vs this chapter's kind of ridiculousness.

Dex-chan lover
Ignoring the nay-sayers here, great work! There's no shame in stopping now, so thank you for what you've given us thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread