Zombies Becoming Normal Would Just Be Scary - Oneshot

@CSmith327 you do realize that shoujo ai is just relationships between girls right? Lol The fact that she was literally eaten changes nothing

Fed-Kun's army
@Dee_215 no it's not. Shoujo Ai (girl's love) is not just any kind of relationship between girls. It's romantic feelings between girls not friendship or anything else. People confuse yuri and shoujo ai. Shoujo Ai is the lesbian equivalent of shounen ai (boy's love) Yuri is the physical feelings and lesbian attraction of shoujo ai but don't necessarily have to contain the love. Two girls fucking could be called yuri or girls shown to be interested in each other but if there's no love then it's not shoujo ai. Yaoi and shounen ai are the same way pretty much but for boys. I read other genres but the two I read the most from are shoujo ai and yuri, so I can tell you from experience this webcomic should not be tagged shoujo ai. It's misleading. The girl who got eaten didn't show anything deeper than friendship or really even friendship for that matter. She probably thought the zombie was teasing or joking with her and figured she'd play along. There was no homo feelings in this whatsoever, and the author being a known yuri artist doesn't make it shoujo ai. If what you said were true then every slice of life cute girl manga about high school girls having fun with their friends could also be tagged shoujo ai. However the tag would be appropriate if there were panels before that shown that they were in a relationship and that's why she didn't think anything weird when the zombie asked for a bite. But there isn't anything like that. I know I'm over analyzing this, but it bothers me to see stuff tagged incorrectly.

Hi, your english teacher here!
This chapter is a very apt reflection of society, as the zombie girl symbolises the predatory nature of capitalism, which is disguised and veiled under the 'human' appearance of the zombie. In subverting our expectations of a normal zombie manga, the author draws attention to the subtle, yet distinct, plot-twist. The anachronistic juxtaposition of a setting in the near future, with the familiar landscapes of present day, highlights the omnipresent influence of capitalism described previously, that it has become so ingrained in humanity, to the point of being an societal issue which transcends time.

Short analysis over

Dex-chan lover
Without the undead part, aren't they just compulsive cannibals?

in other words... the zombies become like ghouls in tokyo ghouls?

@Alrange no lmao you are over analyzing this also is not really necessary to use convoluted words to describe things you just make it harder for others to understand, this is just the author showing how intelligent zombies that feed off humans would be a scary thing also they wouldn't really count as zombies anymore they aren't really death anymore so eh I personally hate when people just start saying a bunch of nonsense and correlate things to other things for no reason.

Or maybe your intension was to satirize those people that over analyze stuff and use far to unnecessary vocabulary on simple stories changing the true intentions of the author just trying to deliver a simple concept

I didn't see the genre and I still thought this was kinda gay only to confirm it by noticing the art style.

Dex-chan lover
That's it?

Dex-chan lover
o_O
It was probably meant to be silly as an idea, but it was accidentally framed as very unsettling

Users who are viewing this thread