Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Articulate Monsters

@SunSun you should never treat these views as nonsense without giving them proper consideration.
Your friend may have a part of his reasoning that was relevant still.
I'd be glad if we discussed this a bit, don't hesitate to @ me.

@TroubleFait Yeah for example if his friend was talking about Antifa, they definitely aren't terrorists. Anyway, it was the first chapter I wasn't sure I liked. Irredeemably evil races are a nasty trope that should disappear.

@Valathos I think it really depends on how it's made. Here demons don't sound evil as much as incomprehensible and incompatible with humans.

Double-page supporter
Are they evil? They treat humans like food, is that evil or just bad for those who are the food and thus should fight back.

Fed-Kun's army
Guys, 'Himmel' is like 'MINATO NAMIKAZE' (Yellow Flash) from 'Naruto'. Did you see how fast he moved, no wonder his party defeated demon king.
Don't you think?

Judging from the number of comments, I thought this was going to be a heavy chapter. Well, it's not entirely wrong, but it's just the massive bitching that's filling up the numbers.

Dex-chan lover
I hope we eventually meet good demons? It would be a great way to show how Friren is becoming better at forming relationships ...

The author might actually intend for all Demons to be pure evil though ...

I really like this take on demons. Normally, you'd either get a "misunderstood demon" trope or an "edgelord murder-rape demon" trope. This is surprisingly refreshing.

I like the idea that they're just like any other monster, except that they've adapted language as a hunting tool. They don't necessarily kill or eat humans for the fun of it, but instead it's just a mechanic of their existence.

Dex-chan lover
i hope these demons shit there pants when they notice who they stumbled opon

Dex-chan lover
Hm. I wouldn’t even call the demons “evil” per se- just incompatible with how humans want to be. Demons need food, humans are their food. They do what they do to get food. Certainly some are malicious, but others, just hungry.

Hm. I wouldn’t even call the demons “evil” per se- just incompatible with how humans want to be. Demons need food, humans are their food. They do what they do to get food. Certainly some are malicious, but others, just hungry.
No, they are evil by human morals.

Users who are viewing this thread