Majutsu Gakuin wo Shuseki de Sotsugyoushita Ore ga Boukensha wo Hajimeru no wa sonna ni okashii darouka - Vol. 10 Ch. 47

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.

If I’m not mistaken, the female demon is wind, right? Pg. 6 also says Dylan was going after the wind demon. If so, shouldn’t the first line on pg. 8 be “Hello, wind demon king.” instead of water? Since Dylan was addressing the female demon.

I don’t know what the raw says, so it’s possible it was a publishing error.

Edit: Thanks for the fix! @Hjek098

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Watching the King and Dylan completely stomp the Demon Kings was great.

I know it looks like the story is going to pivot to us sympathizing with the Demons but those two did deserve a beatdown.
kinda feels like ppl misunderstood what's a demon king, and have decided to label all the elites as demon kings, plus the heavenly kings, not to mention the demon kings.
Because no way a regular knight commander can manhandle one. An elite sure, but a heavenly king would be either somewhat of a fight or the knight commander getting curbstomped hard. And a demon king will always beat them.

Double-page supporter
kinda feels like ppl misunderstood what's a demon king, and have decided to label all the elites as demon kings, plus the heavenly kings, not to mention the demon kings.
Because no way a regular knight commander can manhandle one. An elite sure, but a heavenly king would be either somewhat of a fight or the knight commander getting curbstomped hard. And a demon king will always beat them.

Oh where are you getting these terms and power levels from? Are they in the light or web novel?

Double-page supporter
Why would any human sympathize with filthy creatures that eat them?

Just a complete guess cause often manga/ln/wn try to introduce moral "complexity" or ambiguity by inserting a moral dilemma or sympathetic reasoning for the demons actions. Or in particularly ham fisted examples, try to pull the "no the humans are in the wrong" twist.

IMHO this usually fails given the usual actions of the demons. It can be done well, rarely, but usually that starts with the demoks showijg some restraint, not being sadistic, and some foreshadowing that the humans share some fault.

I really hope this title does not do that. Its usually poorly done.

Also to directly and literally answer your question: us reader humans aren't the humans in that world getting eaten, making it slightly easier for us to make up reasons to sympathize with those "flithy creatures".

Dex-chan lover
Starting off with the usual gremlin trio. Good start.

Napping dragon is cute.

I like the wooshing to check if the magic is still there.

Now that's what I call a shield bash.

Personally, when it comes to translating weird sounds, I think it's better to try to do something, rather than to just leave it in Japanese. It's an English translation, after all, so the language should be English. If you think your translation isn't sufficiently accurate, you can add that as a note. That's less intrusive to me than leaving it in Japanese and having a note about what it actually means.

I know it looks like the story is going to pivot to us sympathizing with the Demons but those two did deserve a beatdown.
It's a war. Deserving a beatdown is par for the course.

IMHO this usually fails given the usual actions of the demons. It can be done well, rarely, but usually that starts with the demoks showijg some restraint, not being sadistic, and some foreshadowing that the humans share some fault.
I wouldn't say it "usually" fails, but with demons like this who aren't exactly innocent, it usually fails. If it succeeds, they're pretty much always the underdogs, and only reluctantly fight. Which happens frequently enough, since authors want to subvert expectations.

Also to directly and literally answer your question: us reader humans aren't the humans in that world getting eaten, making it slightly easier for us to make up reasons to sympathize with those "flithy creatures".
Yeah, reader perspective is something a lot of readers take for granted. We can see all sides the author wants to show, but the characters don't, and they "live" in that world, with all the baggage that comes with it.

That's also why you get broken plots like, "if you kill him you'll be just like him," when the supposed hero has already slaughtered hundreds of mooks.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's better to try to do something, rather than to just leave it in Japanese.
I wanted to do that, but I just couldn't find a way to make it sound natural. I don't think there's an actual English equivalent to yokkorashotto. Heave-ho doesn't cut it for me. I don't think you say heave-ho when getting off of a horse (although I've never been on one (I rode on a camel once tho)). Pretty sure most people would just do a grunt and that's still a challenge putting into words.

I'm open to suggestion tho. "One and two" "badabing-badaboom" (some grunting noise)

Users who are viewing this thread