Isekai Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to - Vol. 11 Ch. 154 - Fabiniku Ojisan And The Lady

Fed-Kun's army
あいつ / Aitsu = used as singular neutral.
He / him = used as singular neutral.
あいつら / Aitsura = used as multiple neutral.
They / them = used as multiple neutral.

Seems pretty obvious to me.
Regardless this is not the place for this anyways, not worth my time trying to change people so stuck in an old time mindset that they cant even figure out simple context simply because a scawwy neutral pronoun scared them so badly their brain shortcircuited.

/end
Pretty funny coming from the group of people who got their brains short-circuited because of the proper use of already-established pronouns.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Especially confusing when the readers might think the "they" may refer to Tachibana and the girls.
That is also what I thought, now I realize the translator decided to go into gender politics.

Worst is that Jinguuji makes it very obvious that he considers Tachibana a male and Tachibana is not going over some indenity crisis, he doesnt like the current male body as well he doesnt like the female body he had before, he wants his old body back ... and even if he did he would go with the every growing ever changing "non-binary", Tachibana self idenity male so far and if he changed his mind he would considering himself female, at no point the story been about that.

If the translation is going to start adding politics crap then I am out, there is no defense over this "translation" as its obvious taking things entirely out of context.

Dex-chan lover
If the translation is going to start adding politics crap then I am out
Notice how its always "anti-woke" people who try making gender identities political. Realllly makes ya wonder, eh?

Also..."he doesnt like the female body he had before"...go back literally a couple chapters to Tachibana outright saying they want to go back to the female body, asking Jinguuji which body they should be and still saying they want to go back to the female one for "reasons".

Like...dude...cmon. Cmon.

---

It amazes me people will read a genderbending manga and then complain about...pronouns and transcoded things...whats next reading a yuri manga and crying that there are gay girls? Like...what kind of manga do you think ya'll are reading, really?

Dex-chan lover
...Its really not that confusing at all though?

Context, try to keep up. (also the fact...Tachibana's face is literally...being shown as the person Jinguuji is talking about...)

This type of anger at pronouns just makes me think those who get so pissed off are just terrible at context and reading comprehension honestly.
While I agree with you that the thrust of their complaining is incorrect due to context, the hamfisted use of "they" pronouns, especially when he's a he right now and was a she physically and a he mentally for the story previous to this paired genderbender curse, is still really irritating (esp. since he was beginning to actually actively explore his feelings as a girl rather than repress them but previously always held to being male, so truly transitioning from male to female in soul not just body); in short, it's the use of "they" like he's NB that is the issue at hand, regardless of their incorrect reasoning (I've always been consistent with this stance; see my first post on the subject, which Sylk, from the previous group, even confirmed in reply to me a few posts down from that one that they were indeed localizing it to treat Tachibana as NB, and which the current team seems to be continuing).

Additionally, AccForManga, it'd behoove you to stop trying to smarm others like you are. People refer to something as being ‘political’, or ‘all about politics’, to mean it boils down to a power struggle between people or groups; the idea is that politics is a process of manoeuvring to assert rival interests. Trying to pretend it's NOT political, regardless of if something is in support for or against, just makes you seem like a bad liar.

Dex-chan lover
Notice how its always "anti-woke" people who try making gender identities political. Realllly makes ya wonder, eh?
Well then notice this.

There is a series named "Wakamono no Kuro Mahou Hanare ga Shinkoku desu ga, Shuushoku shite Mitara Taiguu Iishi, Shachou mo Tsukaima mo Kawaikute Saikou desu!" (yes, long ass name) and at one point there was only one group that is named "Koolio 'n Pals" that was working on it, they started changing the text in a very obvious way and I am going to assume that was trolling, I blacklisted the group and picked it back when another group started working on it.

What makes me wonder is how exactly altering the text in such a way achieves anything? In fact did you bother to actually READ what I said? the story makes very obvious this ISNT about gender idenity and it wont go there ... its a comedy for God sake and to spare you from wondering ... if Jinguuji and Tachibana end up together in ther original bodies is fine for me, that context been around from the start of the series were Jinguuji simply never seen Tachibana that way because of gender, something he struggled with after Tachibana changed genders ... thats a perfectly fine ending, also variations of that is also fine because as far their relationship goes if we go into a romatic angle thats how it should go ... however it doesnt mean it will go that way, its also possible they just return and everything goes back as it was, this is not a RomCom and Jinguuji [Charmed] was played for laughts, I see a lot of people that gaslight thenselves into their headcanon and then lose it because the author doesnt gp there, this is very common with shippers.

In the end my point is, I am not going to trust a translator that changes text to fit a agenda regardless what that agenda is, if I see /pol/ crap I will have the exact same reaction and at this point there are two options about this.

Its a typo, I seen happening and I understand
Its a deliberate grammatical incorrect term done for political reasons, and that I dont.

Its very simply, translate and dont try to shift the story into what you want to be since the author isnt going to comply with that and this will lead to either giving up or start to further and further mistranslate the story to the point it ceases to be the author story.

Its a deliberate grammatical incorrect term done for political reasons, and that I dont.
You could be on Cycomi right now with a VPN and random email but you won't

Cl7qw8lVYAE8dFS.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Well then notice this.

There is a series named "Wakamono no Kuro Mahou Hanare ga Shinkoku desu ga, Shuushoku shite Mitara Taiguu Iishi, Shachou mo Tsukaima mo Kawaikute Saikou desu!" (yes, long ass name) and at one point there was only one group that is named "Koolio 'n Pals" that was working on it, they started changing the text in a very obvious way and I am going to assume that was trolling, I blacklisted the group and picked it back when another group started working on it.

What makes me wonder is how exactly altering the text in such a way achieves anything? In fact did you bother to actually READ what I said? the story makes very obvious this ISNT about gender idenity and it wont go there ... its a comedy for God sake and to spare you from wondering ... if Jinguuji and Tachibana end up together in ther original bodies is fine for me, that context been around from the start of the series were Jinguuji simply never seen Tachibana that way because of gender, something he struggled with after Tachibana changed genders ... thats a perfectly fine ending, also variations of that is also fine because as far their relationship goes if we go into a romatic angle thats how it should go ... however it doesnt mean it will go that way, its also possible they just return and everything goes back as it was, this is not a RomCom and Jinguuji [Charmed] was played for laughts, I see a lot of people that gaslight thenselves into their headcanon and then lose it because the author doesnt gp there, this is very common with shippers.

In the end my point is, I am not going to trust a translator that changes text to fit a agenda regardless what that agenda is, if I see /pol/ crap I will have the exact same reaction and at this point there are two options about this.

Its a typo, I seen happening and I understand

Its very simply, translate and dont try to shift the story into what you want to be since the author isnt going to comply with that and this will lead to either giving up or start to further and further mistranslate the story to the point it ceases to be the author story.
nobody-cares-moby-2.jpg

Dex-chan lover

Context, try to keep up. (also the fact...Tachibana's face is literally...being shown as the person Jinguuji is talking about...)

This type of anger at pronouns just makes me think those who get so pissed off are just terrible at context and reading comprehension honestly.
but really tbh i am confused af, cuz i thought jinguuji was talking about someone else, and tbf english is my 2nd language and im also speed reading it. maybe its just me idk

Dex-chan lover
The translators are using english properly, read some books man
yeah we are reading a gender bender from another nation bro i wont find a similar book with this genre and i am genuinely confused on whos talking about who because most mangas i have read only use they when they talk about a 3rd party(mostly unknown ones), and uses direct names so its easier to understand. well that is my excuse for this, also sorry i get mad at things when i dont understand them. must be autism or something.

it is confusing and forced

Contributor
The fuck is happening in the comments? Just tranlsate the manga as close as it can be to the original text and call it a day. Was they the best for the context and ease of read? Good. Was it a free interpretation from the translator, who assumes plot points and draws conjectures, that he then takes for granted? Bad. What can be done? Probably nothing unless another team picks this up. Now stop arguing about politics in my goddamn manga comment section and go on twitter to waste your time with pointless banter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
so i decided to re-read it, yeah i can understand it. but overall i would just prefer if the translators use Tachibana's name straight up cuz its much more easier to get rather than having to think at all, my honest opinion. dont mind it too much if it is not in your liking. i stand in the neutral ground.

Fed-Kun's army
image complaining about pronouns for a gender-bender, rom-com between 2 same-sex leads story from a country that prefers using gender-neutral language.

get a hobby and be graceful we can even read it in the first place.

also a good lot of jpn -> eng translations are literally "that person, that child" etc on repeat depending on the series, so again be graceful.

Dex-chan lover
Non native English speakers here.

Using they as sigular really confusing to read.

Oh yeah, also this...
images

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread