Rettou Gan no Tensei Majutsushi ~ Shiitagerareta Moto Yuusha wa Mirai no Sekai o Yoyuu de Ikinuku ~ - Ch. 114

It feels so incomplete like something is missing so much wasted and missed opportunities in this manga but it was actually good nonetheless

Dex-chan lover
As much as it felt like it was an end... this ending was so lackluster that it doesn't really feel like a proper ending :p
And the reveal about lilith was just a mention in passing at the very last chapter?

Dex-chan lover
“Four Years have passed…”

That’s where I stopped reading. Screw time skips, it’s such a cop out ending method.
I like this ending method. It allows the author to conclude the story properly without getting distracted and starting another universe-spanning quest.

Dex-chan lover
I guess props to the mc for only being with one girl but that being said, I wish this wasn’t labeled as harem because that was kinda one of the reasons I was sticking along just to see if anything would change but all I see is disappointment.

Edit: oh wow I’m a super dumb was this ever labeled as harem or was I just seeing things? Nice to know that I basically forced myself to read this for absolutely no reason whatsoever😂
I recommend you "Maou na Ore to fushihime no yubiwa" from the same author. In it, MC actually resolves to get legally married to all of his harem.
https://mangadex.org/title/55b7561a-4093-4d03-a20a-8fd7e8f0e97d/maou-na-ore-to-fushihime-no-yubiwa
I seem to remember that manga adaptation is... kind of like a movie trailer, so it's better to read the novel.

I don't even remember which 'Inferior X mage' this one was. Was it the one where he reincarnated to become stronger? Doesn't seem like he really got anything he didn't have before.
No, in this one, he just used magic to be reborn 200 years later, when he would not be hated as much as he was in his first life. Getting stronger was not in his plans.
You're thinking of "strongest sage", most likely. He is the only one overpowered super-mage who wasn't satisfied with his power, and wanted to go to space and fight space monsters.

Mhm. Never saw the ending was comming, nor I'm that emotional about it. It's literally whatever, like the whole manga. But I'm a little suprised and/or impressed by three things:
1. That it actually lasted that long without getting axed (much better stories never see their finish before publisher decides to prematurely end them);
2. It was actually fully adopted;
3. It's yet another work of this author that managed to achive that feat, even if all those stories are medicore at most.
I think the trick is in writing novels that actually have an end. Too many Japanese authors are bad at ending their works, and just keep writing until they die or some scandal ends their career.

Last edited:
Contributor
I mentioned that the manga spent way too long in this final LN volume compared to the rest, here is how much each LN Vol. lasted in manga chapters for comparison
Volume 1 - Chapter 1-13
Volume 2 - Chapter 14-26
Volume 3 - Chapter 27-35
Volume 4 - Chapter 36-46
Volume 4.5 - Separate Serie
Volume 5 - Chapter 47-66 (only like the first 3 pages of 66 lol)
Volume 6 - Chapter 66-80
Volume 7 - Chapter 81-114
The prequel being 44 chapters for 1 light novel volume means it beats Volume 7, no?

Dex-chan lover
MC killed them just the previous chapter, have you already forgotten them?
He didn't actually kill Ayane. She was already dead and a tiny fraction of her soul wax fused with the souls of a dying woman and was molded into Ayane but technically she was a clone and already dead.

This manga overall had amazing potential and really interested me until that prequel chapter started... I wanted to see more of him getting recognized and more of his interactions with Lilith. Hell, I even didn't mind a true harem ending where he would have seggs with all the girls but solo Lilith is perfect too.

A shame... It could have been much better.

Dex-chan lover
to be honest a little disappointed with the ending but at least best gal won

jlm

Dex-chan lover
Well I guess at least Lilith's plot was actually resolved with marriage, rather than having that just brushed aside in the ending like a decent amount of series do. But otherwise, not surprising that the ending was mediocre for a manga like this.

I don't think they really know how to start a story either, tbh. That's why they go with isekai, it's a very straight-forward and derivative genre where all the basic setting is already established, so you just pick a few and start up without having to make a very unique series.

Reincarnation or summon, cheat abilities, adventurers guild/ranks, magic school, inevitable slave buying, etc, pick a few, have the MC show off their OP skills and have everyone amazed, give readers the dopamine hit, and then realize you have no idea what you want the story to actually be, beyond a way to show off your cool MC you made up.
100%
They just copy templates and when it gets to the ending there are fewer templates to copy.
And copying other mangas won't teach you how to do real world building or storytelling.

Dex-chan lover
man this is just so boring an ending. makes it obvious that the series was axed and forced to end early.

Dex-chan lover
Ending slapped us in the face quick. Only good part of it was that Lilith became his woman officially

Dex-chan lover
man this is just so boring an ending. makes it obvious that the series was axed and forced to end early.
It's the same ending as the novel so that wasn't really axing. Just a bland ending because he didn't know where to take the plot after using all the generic tropes and plot points in his disposal

Users who are viewing this thread