She Has Become a Distant Existence - Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
Dude saying no thanks when she invites him out to hang with "Aria-chan the model!" and "!!!Taiki-san the actor!!!" = inferiority complex or insecure...? Huh, did I miss something, lmao?

He just wanted a good and chill time with friends not a superficial hangout with strangers LOL
She pisses me off with her naruhodo naruhodo I see attitude. Pussy. She’s so easily accepting this even though she supposedly likes him. He’s in a complete stalemate and can’t crawl out of thinking he’s worthy for her.
You know what annoys me the most about it? She just had to indirectly brag with Taiki-san the actor! being there and acting like it would be a better hangout than what he, just 10seconds before, asked her out to do that day. Fucking audacity hahaha. "Forget about your lame ass plans about going to school, I can't make time but you should come with us!"

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Bet she secretly hates him, and her whole reason for trying to get famous is trying to make him inferior ô_o

Am convinced at this point that all of this is an elaborate ploy made by her 🤓

Now she isn't just friendzoning him every chapter she's even stating exactly what those people do, while he already feels like he should pay for talking with her, hope dude finds a girl that trys to communicate with him eventually <_<

Double-page supporter
Damn, bro needs to find someone else. This cf is negative iq for an idol. Every chapter has been about keeping his existence down-low to the public and her coworkers/celebrity acquaintances, and this one she just thinks he's gonna show up to her celebrity get-together and risk torpedoing everything?

This isn't a romance, this is a male cf beat down.

Dex-chan lover
I GET HIDING FROM US COMMON FOLK IF SHE'S JENNA ORTEGA LEVELS OF FAMOUS
BUT SHE'S NOT
It's actually worse: she's an aspiring idol in Japan. They have a level and quantity of weirdos and borderline criminal "fans" celebrities doesn't have (or have security details) and even their fanbases are toxic AF.

I agree things were well until she talked about the people she was going with. Girl, you complain about the rift between you and your friend, then do something that widens that rift (going out with models and actors? Hello?)? Even if it was unwittingly, be considerate of these kind of things.

Dex-chan lover
Can we get back to the days when the "she's become so distant" thing was a light hearted joke? Like the eariy chapters in which the dude said "we used to be so close, yet now she's so far away" and she answers with "bro I'm literally right next to you, what are you on about?". Good times, those were.

Dex-chan lover
Can we get back to the days when the "she's become so distant" thing was a light hearted joke? Like the eariy chapters in which the dude said "we used to be so close, yet now she's so far away" and she answers with "bro I'm literally right next to you, what are you on about?". Good times, those were.
Well, in the early chapters she would've probably said "what are you on about, I already told you we can go the day after!"
Now it was "Dude, I will hang out with all these celebrity strangers, I can't make time for you but you should come even though I know you don't like it and have other plans!"

She completely disregarded his feelings in this chapter. Would love if the manga now turns into a "showbiz really changes people.." story, with new characters introduced? Would be really interesting and enjoyable, tbh. Could even go for a new girl, one he became distant to a while ago that will appear again and we do the "she was the real MC all along!".

Dex-chan lover
acting like it would be a better hangout than what he, just 10seconds before
It's just normal for prior engagements to take priority. Especially if it's related to work. If you have a company event - which this like 50% is, since there are people from the industry there - and your friend calls you, you can't just bail on it on a whim.

At the same time, the setting here is very forced, just to drop the title. Unless they are planning to hang out for like 14 hours for some reason, she can just spend a few hours with her work friends, and then go somewhere with him. Days are pretty long. The real next page should be "oh, what time are you meeting? 1PM? Ok, does 4:30 work for you, I should be able to make it by then?"

Bruh just split them apart. Put her with the Taiki dude and put the MC with the classmate from ch12 or add a new one. This is honestly just getting annoying ever since the story went from the weird light-hearted joke from earlier chapters to this lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Author is beating this dead horse so hard glue factories can't even compare in efficiency.

Hoping for another female lead to show up and take this in a different direction, but that's probably expecting too much.

I agree with another girl (famous or not) appearing and snatching up ML, so that maybe FML will FINALLY take action. But yeah I highly doubt that'll happen with the overall vibe we're getting from the story so far.

It would absolutely suck tho if author used a male character that approaches FML and force ML to be the one to confess when it really should be FML confessing to ML.

Edit: Actually, screw it. If a different girl doesn't approach ML, then I'll bite the bullet and do it myself. I'm not gay (at least not much) but I'll do it if it means forcing FML to act on her feelings for ML.

Dex-chan lover
I don't feel sorry for this chick at all. She sucks and Potato boy actually deserves someone who doesn't play stupid games.

Users who are viewing this thread