She Has Become a Distant Existence - Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
I echo alot of the sentiments here, what was she expecting? How can he a literal nobody school kid just go to a model (probably work) outing?

Not only that but she seems genuinely naive the response she got was not what she expected. You essentially said "Nah I going to this thing instead but sure I guess you can tag along as an extra".

I genuinely hope this goes the route of them drifting further apart and he moves on as its clear they are already too far gone.

Dex-chan lover
I see a lot of people hating on her, but I don't see what she did wrong?
First, she prioritised an already decided engagement over the MC's proposed one, and that's not wrong. She couldn't have just cancelled it, especially for no reason, that'd be rude.
As for her saying "The actor ABC" or "The model XYZ", it could be because she wants the MC to know who she is talking about, and the "Actor" or "Model" tag gives him a reference, as she might have spoken about them before. Or, it might just be a quirk of the Japanese language to add the job/relation of a person when the person you are speaking with doesn't know them.
As for her dropping the topic, and not consoling the MC, I blame it on the MC. Saying something like "A normal person like me" makes for a really awkward moment. Nobody really knows how to react to such a statement. And, she might even be feeling bad that she was forcing the MC into a spot.

Dex-chan lover
First, she prioritised an already decided engagement over the MC's proposed one, and that's not wrong. She couldn't have just cancelled it, especially for no reason, that'd be rude.
As for her saying "The actor ABC" or "The model XYZ", it could be because she wants the MC to know who she is talking about, and the "Actor" or "Model" tag gives him a reference, as she might have spoken about them before. Or, it might just be a quirk of the Japanese language to add the job/relation of a person when the person you are speaking with doesn't know them.
As for her dropping the topic, and not consoling the MC, I blame it on the MC. Saying something like "A normal person like me" makes for a really awkward moment. Nobody really knows how to react to such a statement. And, she might even be feeling bad that she was forcing the MC into a spot.
It doesn't work this way. First of all, MC asked FL for a date, indirectly, but then she asked him to tag along with her to her workplace meet up, that just doesn't work in any way. Forget my GF, I ain't tagging my best friend to his office party because it's WEIRD, unless it's Christmas/other even where you can bring your partner, etc.

Also, showbiz is not a good place to poke your nose is, with toxic fan base being the first issue, and actors and group are all *ssholes, our MC, even if he tagged alone, will feel out of place as he wouldn't get what everyone was talking about, and it's also that they're in completely different social class.

Lastly, you ain't partying for 14 hours, you can just meet your actor friends for an hour or two, and then be free by 2-3 PM and then go with your friend, if you loved him/her, but I guess author never thought this much, it's a Twitter manga anyway so...

Dex-chan lover
To add what i don't understand why everyone hate her.
Its kinda obvious that she will be the fml and fall in love with the mc. And the mc will simp the girl regardless everyone(reader) think about her about (You have to find a better girl etc etc). If i have to treat this mc as a real person. Let them be, if they wanted to spend the person even if they get either disregard bs, that's on them, we did what we could. Let's not intervene with their lives.

Dex-chan lover
you ain't partying for 14 hours, you can just meet your actor friends for an hour or two, and then be free by 2-3 PM and then go with your friend, if you loved him/her, but I guess author never thought this much, it's a Twitter manga anyway so...
Or if you want to be more sinister, remember how celebrity meetup would usually go fucking wild with the orgy and drugs and alcohol? Yeah

T51

Double-page supporter
sorry i cant hang out with you cause my super-duper-famous friends and i are going out. you can come with tho. we'll be going with blah-blah-blah actor and somethingsomething famous person.

is im guessing what he heard. kinda fucked up- considering those people wouldnt even be at your funeral, compared to Taiki whose making sacrifices to spend time with her, even though he's not even the famous one of the two. ironic.

Dex-chan lover
Once again, your JJK memes are the sole reason I read through those 16 and laughed like an idiot.
Thank you ahahah!

Dex-chan lover
sorry i cant hang out with you cause my super-duper-famous friends and i are going out. you can come with tho. we'll be going with blah-blah-blah actor and somethingsomething famous person.

is im guessing what he heard. kinda fucked up- considering those people wouldnt even be at your funeral, compared to Taiki whose making sacrifices to spend time with her, even though he's not even the famous one of the two. ironic.
Pretty much this.

You ever go to parties where you only know one person there, and everyone else is a complete stranger? That's basically what it is.

She would be that one person, and she is familiar with everyone else who is going to be there. Not to mention, it sounds like something work related so it's not just a purely social gathering for fun (like hanging out with your high school classmates). MC is wasting too much time worrying about her.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh just split them apart. Put her with the Taiki dude and put the MC with the classmate from ch12 or add a new one. This is honestly just getting annoying ever since the story went from the weird light-hearted joke from earlier chapters to this lmao.
She really deserves to watch him hook up with another girl, especially after this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapters!

I don't know why I binged this depressing title actually. Can we take off the romance genre? Nothing about this is romantic, it's just gut punch after gut punch.

Dex-chan lover
The guy's at fault, cause he's a pussy ass bitch. She's like, I can't go to your thing cause I already promised my friends to go to my thing, but if you want and you're able you can also come to my thing. That is 100% a perfectly reasonable proposal. He hadn't invited anyone yet so it's not like he was tied up, and even if he was he's pretty much a grown ass man so he can make his own decisions about who to hang out with and where. It doesn't fucking matter that they're famous people, if you let that shit bother you it's your own fucking fault. If he says he doesn't wanna go, what's she supposed to do, make him? That's not her fucking job. She proactively suggested a solution where they could spend time together and he rejected it cause he's a scaredy ass little shit. He deserves to lose her when he acts like this. Grow up, dude.

Dex-chan lover
I am absolutely astounded by almost every comment on here. What the fuck. The girl tries her best to invite him along to plans she's already made, instead of simply rejecting him when he invites her, and she is in the wrong? Hell no! The guy needs to get the fuck over his inferiority complex

Dex-chan lover
It's just normal for prior engagements to take priority. Especially if it's related to work. If you have a company event - which this like 50% is, since there are people from the industry there - and your friend calls you, you can't just bail on it on a whim.

At the same time, the setting here is very forced, just to drop the title. Unless they are planning to hang out for like 14 hours for some reason, she can just spend a few hours with her work friends, and then go somewhere with him. Days are pretty long. The real next page should be "oh, what time are you meeting? 1PM? Ok, does 4:30 work for you, I should be able to make it by then?"
She gots that Persona timescale, one social event per section of time.

Yeah I just don't see where the romance is here, this is just pure drama and nothing even slightly romantic happens the further into the chapters we go. I don't get what the author is trying to do, the further we go the more they seem to grow apart, instead of getting closer.

Users who are viewing this thread