Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Ch. 58.2

Dex-chan lover
Hrmhrm, diplomatic incident incoming? They definitely don't favour Friedonia, with the way the spy was yelling about "infidels". Never bodes well, though an optimist could hope that guy was just a one-off.

And a "true saint", eh? We're either going to get someone surprisingly down-to-earth, or a holier-than-thou, self-righteous and self-assured pr*ck - there generally seems to be no middle ground in this regard.

Looking forward to new content, and thanks for the scan!!

Dex-chan lover
Moon worshipers huh?
075-sailor-moon-meme.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Kind of extreme for the spies to straight up kill themselves like that, especially since they aren't enemies (yet). Thanks for the scanlation.

Dex-chan lover
Religious trouble is the worst kind of trouble. You can't expect people to change their religious views that easily.

Kind of extreme for the spies to straight up kill themselves like that, especially since they aren't enemies (yet). Thanks for the scanlation.

If they are religious fanatics, it's not that strange. Political fanatics can be extreme as well, but religious fanatics may possess the bonus of believing a grand reward, a better place, will await them after death. Depending on the teachings of the religion, of course. If it's a reincarnation religion, then it might not necessarily encourage the followers to rely on suicide.

Group Leader
How souma solve the trouble

TLDR the Holy Kingdom want their religion to be the State Official Religion.

This won't work in Souma Kingdom since his is one with many etnicity and religion.

but he couldn't afford to affront the Holy Kingdom since many of his people also believe in Lunarian.

He solve it by making any religion that fulfill the paperwork and requirement needed will be State Official Religion.

Tbh it's like my country where we have 6 official acknowledged religion so it's not really out of nowhere for me.

Dex-chan lover
How souma solve the trouble

TLDR the Holy Kingdom want their religion to be the State Official Religion.

This won't work in Souma Kingdom since his is one with many etnicity and religion.

but he couldn't afford to affront the Holy Kingdom since many of his people also believe in Lunarian.

He solve it by making any religion that fulfill the paperwork and requirement needed will be State Official Religion.

Tbh it's like my country where we have 6 official acknowledged religion so it's not really out of nowhere for me.
I feel like that shouldn't work with a religion so zealous its spies commit self-immolation for being caught in a non-hostile country, since it'd just start a pissing contest between all the "official" state religions as to who's actually THE religion of the kingdom, just based on what we see IRL, but I guess it's a fantasy series for a reason? Idk, it'd be the first "realist" solution that doesn't really make sense.

Dex-chan lover
I can see where this might be going, a science and equality state is born, and evil religion does not like that.

Thanks for the TL

Group Leader
I feel like that shouldn't work with a religion so zealous its spies commit self-immolation for being caught in a non-hostile country, since it'd just start a pissing contest between all the "official" state religions as to who's actually THE religion of the kingdom, just based on what we see IRL, but I guess it's a fantasy series for a reason? Idk, it'd be the first "realist" solution that doesn't really make sense.
I dunno whether this make it better or anything, but

Souma intentionally lessen the Lunarian influence by assigning honest but infamous pope as the head pope. It makes people less zealous about the religion while still keeping the good teaching of it.

the Lunarian popes on the holy kingdom is the typical corrupt you see in isekai.

also, not making the lunarian as the sole state religion help Souma in the future, since he need help from Dragonian later.

Dex-chan lover
Of course, it always the church who are also a part of problems.
(I'm both tired of this trope but it didn't feel right to left them out because of their real life influence/fuckery on the world's history)

Users who are viewing this thread