Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Ch. 101

Fed-Kun's army
For those that are talking about Goju kun's sadness and anxiety, I just remembered the synopsis of this manga: "Wakana Gojou is a fifteen-year-old high school boy who was socially traumatized in the past due to his passions. That incident left a mark on him that made him into a social recluse."

Maybe it's time to work through his traumas... After all, he just tagged along with Marin until now

Dex-chan lover
Are you fucking serious?
A month wait for two random ass dudes gushing over that cosplay yet again for over 90% of the chapter? Yea I predicted the author would acknowledge it somehow, but who in their right minds approved this shit? Just two guys just harping and fan girling over the damn cosplay.

YES WE FUCKING KNOW THAT THAT COSPLAY IS THE BEST FUCKING COSPLAY IN THE UNIVERSE AND NOTHING ELSE WILL EVER COME CLOSE. HAVE YOU JERKED YOURSELF OFF ENOUGH NOW?
MOVE. THE. FUCK. ON.

This arc is ass, the author and editor are out of their damn minds.
I could repeat your first line back to you. This is a slow-paced manga about cosplay with romance elements, not a romcom with cosplay in the background.

Please move on if you can't deal with it.

This also goes to everyone else complaining. Story quality's still there, art quality's still there - it's not a fast story, though, so "oh no, my life is being actively ruined!!112112121!!!"

Dex-chan lover
Can some staff please remove the "romance" and "comedy" tags from this series and add "drama" already? The tags are misleading for the content of over 70% of the series. The romcom portion only lasted like 30 chapters and we're on chapter 101.

Also, so glad this chapter exists to tell us the same shit the last 7 chapters told us. This author needs to either fix their shit, or move over so a better series can take their place in the magazine.
I can agree with the second and third action but the first action is incorrect. It is still a romance. Even if it moves at the pace of nuclear decay.

Dex-chan lover
I def skimmed the chapter. I personally was extremely excited when it dropped. I was expecting for it to follow up on the ending of the last chapter but what we got was pages of reactions from fans. It just wouldn't end. It was pretty disappointing if I am honest. I do think it will supplement the upcoming issues well. It's just not what I wanted. I do think we'll see what's going through the mind of our lil protag (?).

Contributor
To the people comparing this to Kanokari:

Remember, you are complaining this manga is dragging it's heels while comparing it to a manga about a guy who gets erect while cry fanaticizes about his crush getting railed by a guy in a beret.

Better keep that perspective in check.
Well that makes the comparison just as accurate. These past few chapters have been entirely mastubatory while Gojo's crying about how he did his job and Marin has ascended beyond his services. While I have expectations that this won't be as bad as the eternal cycles of guilt that is Kanokari, the pay off is going to be more a sense of relief rather than hype.

I gotta keep comparing this to 2.5 Dimensional Seduction, another rom com turned cosplay drama that has much better pacing. If they gotta compliment there, it doesn't slow down the pacing. And that's a series that's biweekly.

Dex-chan lover
"This is a cosplay manga with romcom elements"
Riiiiight, because I am sure 3/4ths of the people reading this did so so they could watch the author jelq about how good the cosplay his character made is, that's ABSOLUTELY the reason people started reading this. Of course.
"It's just because it's being published, once the arc concludes and you re-read it it you will see the pacing is fine"
BS the pacing is fine, back around when Gojo was losing his mind over the textile I went back to re-read the entire manga and you can tell how the pacing starts slowing to a crawl in the Nun Muder Party, let alone the making of the fucking Haniel cosplay, I'd personally argue it already starts dragging around the middle of the school festival, when the author really starts wanking themselves over how good and genuine the cosplays Gojo makes are
And I can already fucking tell that we won't even start progressing on the rift between Gojo and Marin, we will have a chapter that shows how scared Marin is of talking to Gojo, we will have a chapter where they meet, but it will be awkward and Gojo will say something that hurts Marin, THEN we will have a chapter where Gojo realizes what he did, and THEN they will start getting contacted by the big shots so we can drag this shit even further along

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well, now that she has been getting all this recognision and are most likely going to a big corporation, she will just throw him away now… He should find someone that actually cares about him and dont just use him, like Marin

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand what happened with Gojou. He seems in agony and...didn't like the costume he created himself. 😥

Dex-chan lover
I could repeat your first line back to you. This is a slow-paced manga about cosplay with romance elements, not a romcom with cosplay in the background.

Please move on if you can't deal with it.

This also goes to everyone else complaining. Story quality's still there, art quality's still there - it's not a fast story, though, so "oh no, my life is being actively ruined!!112112121!!!"
Guess every slop has its white knights that can't see when something has clearly strayed far from its starting point or overextended to the point of stagnating. 90% of this chapter adds nothing and addresses nothing, it's just the same shit over and over again. This shitshow of an arc had very few decent moments that I mentioned, but has been ass overall, and it should have ended last chapter and now starting to focus on the real stuff, but clearly people will defend mediocrity to their dying breath. I can like something while criticizing it when its quality goes downhill. Judging by the recent trend of the latest few comments in the last 20-30 chapters or so, I can say I am not alone. Let's agree to disagree, because neither of us will change each other's perspective or opinion. Once I start seeing something good or actual progression, I will say something nice about it, capische?

Dex-chan lover
Man... usually I don't mind the depression, but I got hyped up with Shiba Tokio retweeting that tweet, kinda eluding that, "Hey, we might make a movie or a series with this incredible cosplayer and the one who created her costume." I want greatness, not depression :(
But I guess we will have drama, depression and maybe also greatness... I can't wait for Gojo to start having some confidence in his craft. Although, some (I include myself here) never quite get over the imposter syndrome and always feel like we suck. The bad part is, if you think you didn't do anything great and someone praises you and says you did a great job, you might not believe that person. If they are someone who never praises people, you might believe that person, otherwise you'll think "Why you fucking lying?"

Dex-chan lover
I think I missed something but this was actually the chapter i was expecting. A full fledged reaction from the top dogs to further fuel the deep rabbit hole the protagonists are digging themselves into. With even a positive reaction from the author himself, known to be stubborn AF, they're going places neither expected to go to.

Dex-chan lover
People always say "show don't tell" but god forbid an author actually does that.

Yeah the author could have just cut forward a day or two to Marin going "OH EM GEE we went mega-viral even the author liked it!", but the point of this chapter was to show the sheer scope of how viral it went and to show that it had real influence in the entertainment industry, all to justify how HARD idol or modelling agencies are likely to go after her in upcoming chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Can anybody check on 2ch and see if the Japanese fandom is as brain dead as the English one? I really don't get all y'all in here pitching a fit about the chapters. If it bothers you that much, go find something else to read.
Currently nobody cares much about it to discuss (well there is literally nothing to discuss in a chapter thread lets be honest). It has fallen off the radar both in 2ch and 4ch for a good while now. Even fucking Konokari has more threads up including raw leaks threads etc.

Users who are viewing this thread