False Child - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - False Child

Dex-chan lover
No way this masterpiece got axed meanwhile repulsive media like "gUsHiNg OvEr MaGiCaL gIrLs" is allowed to exist. These are the symptoms of a hypocritical society.
sex sells i guess

tho, contracts aside, has anyone ever thrown enough money at a mangaka for more chapters? XD; i imagine other than some commissions i don't think anyone would have enough to donate to continue a whole series unless they have a fairly cushy home/free life and just draw manga for fun and update whenever like Yotsuba's artist lol

Dex-chan lover
sex sells i guess

tho, contracts aside, has anyone ever thrown enough money at a mangaka for more chapters? XD; i imagine other than some commissions i don't think anyone would have enough to donate to continue a whole series unless they have a fairly cushy home/free life and just draw manga for fun and update whenever like Yotsuba's artist lol
The fucked up thing is that only a minority of the money a manga makes goes to the actual author/and or artist.

The publishing side takes most of the cash earned from sales. Only a top popular selling manga can make it's author rich.

Most mangaka are starving artists.

Contributor
No way this masterpiece got axed meanwhile repulsive media like "gUsHiNg OvEr MaGiCaL gIrLs" is allowed to exist. These are the symptoms of a hypocritical society.
Putting aside the fact that that’s comparing apples to incredibly horny oranges, is it possible that the author just wanted this to be a short series?

The author has like two other ongoing series they’re working on at the same time. I know that the immediate response when a series has less than five volumes is that it’s an axe, but sometimes it just told the story it wanted to tell.

Dex-chan lover
The fucked up thing is that only a minority of the money a manga makes goes to the actual author/and or artist.

The publishing side takes most of the cash earned from sales. Only a top popular selling manga can make it's author rich.

Most mangaka are starving artists.
i assume all those '1-2' page manga stories/oneshots uploaded here is from pixiv and a few of them have those 'fanboxes' which are direct but yeah there needs to be more indie artists and animation studios that monetize and such versus like a 3rd party taking their cut lol.

that said it had a fairly good ending/not like it was cut halfway through the story/doesn't seem super rush/the amount is good for what it is tho im' sure it could've gone on longer

Group Leader
Thank you so much for letting us read this heartwarming story about what it's like being part of a family.

Just so everyone knows, I didn't cry reading this series not even once, but my heart did, but I didn't. I promise I DIDN'T!!!

Users who are viewing this thread