False Child - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - False Child

Dex-chan lover
I mean, in theory she can go back to being a tanuki if she "wanted" to, so not exactly as real as anyone else.
Well I imagine that as time goes and she grows up she could almost completely forget about being anything else than a human in which case it'd be harder to reverse into a tanuki, maybe only knowing about it subconsciously. Then again the cat lady whose name I forgot clearly hasn't forgotten, so it's possible one can grow up while remembering just fine, and well if there was such a "danger" I think she would've mentioned it, well it could be a possibility instead of a certainty with different "false children" showing different results.

I'm curious as to what kind of situation could lead to her becoming a tanuki again further up growing or as an adult... maybe some trauma strong enough to make her not want to be herself/human anymore? maybe a situation where she'd wish she could run away from everything? it'd be interesting to see what are the implications of reaching adolescence since that'd be a point where she'd be particularly unstable.

I also wonder just how capable she'd be at "pretending" adolescence, I can get that she'd grow to adapt to her environment but that also suggests it depends on her perception of the environment and last time I checked some changes in adolescence ain't that obvious to a kid even if they teach you about them, like how mood and interests change. How quickly would she adapt to those changes? could she misunderstand and think of them as more inmediate changes and grow up quickly? not from one day to the other but reasonably quickly, or could she just miss on everything and just one day realize all of her friends have changed greatly in many obvious and not so obvious ways? maybe she just wouldn't change at all apart from physically growing at an average rate?

Well in any case the manga was cool, I'm acc happy this didn't become a 400 long sol comedy manga where nothing happens. Even if I'm curious about how a false child would grow up it's pretty clear to me that this is what the author wanted to make and I can't see this becoming a good hundred long manga.

Double-page supporter
This was a good place to end the story and it felt like a natural end, but I feel like there was still a lot of potential to show Suika growing up. Maybe we'll get a separate continuation of middle/high school later.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks a lot for the translation. I love this story a lot and I will be missing them T.T !

Dex-chan lover
No way this masterpiece got axed meanwhile repulsive media like "gUsHiNg OvEr MaGiCaL gIrLs" is allowed to exist. These are the symptoms of a hypocritical society.
wow wtf, i agree this shouldnt get axed because i really felt like its kawamura taku best work but holy shit mahoako are not just "fanservice" work, tourist from anime are so dumb
there's billion example you could use and you choose mahoako lmao

Dex-chan lover
Thanks to the team for the translation.
I tope Suika grows to become a happy tanuki/person

Dex-chan lover
I just woke up and that's the first thing i saw. My eyes are soaking wet! I think it's funny that she still has her tail (lol). Thank u guys for bringing this wonderful piece of art to the Dex!~:salute:

VIP
what an amazing series. such a sensitive topic touched brilliantly. not everyday you get manga with theme lost one of your family, especially your children passed away soo early. the portrayal of sorrow, sadness and guilt but at the same time also recovery and moving on overtime with strange circumstances is soo emotional. i cry multiple times in this series. if i have to say it's weakness that it's too short when the the setting is asking for more, the setting is too grand to ignore, feel like wasted potential. overall, 9/10. one of best SOL drama i read in recent year.

Dex-chan lover
I love how over the course of this manga Suika became her own individual in the family rather than just being a replacement for Yuzu. I also really like how Suika developed a bond with Kouhei and Nana. The few side characters that we get to see were enjoyable. Overall this series is a 9/10 for me. It feels a bit too short and I would have liked more chapters about the family's daily life.

Dex-chan lover
Short and sweet.

I will keep that family photo in my memory.

Thanks, Kawamura-sensei for making this story, and thanks to the translator team for picking this up.

Dex-chan lover
This would be a great anime or movie. If clueless friend did, this can too.

Fed-Kun's army
sometimes a short happy story is better than a forced prolonged one, i'm so happy for both suika and her parents, they both achieved happiness by filling the holes in each other's heart.

We need more heartwarming story like this one.

Users who are viewing this thread