Sonna Kazoku nara Sutechaeba? - Vol. 4 Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
Guess he's finally losing it ô_ô..

(Looking back at how he said his mental state keeps getting worse)

It's crazy how he could technically really off himself (Like we've seen him multiple times on the bridge, maybe even contemplating) and no Traces of him would be left o_o

Not even trying to bother understanding his Wife's actions anymore <_<

Aggregator gang
Yikes, what a fucked up thing to say. Speaking up when something is blatantly wrong is the only way to brin attention to it and change it, maybe she learnt that in her previous relationship and can't see another person living the same thing and not doing anything.

Dex-chan lover
Yikes, what a fucked up thing to say. Speaking up when something is blatantly wrong is the only way to brin attention to it and change it, maybe she learnt that in her previous relationship and can't see another person living the same thing and not doing anything.
Sadly his mentality of not speaking out about your problems, and keeping things bottled up is a cultural thing in Japan.

They are huge believers of "The nail that sticks out gets hammered down"

Which is why their suicide rates are so high, pretty fucked up stuff.

Dex-chan lover
I know she is meddling, but she is trying to help at the very least she doesn't want him to kill himself.
But holy shit dude what to stick your foot in your mouth! I mean you might as well have slapped her with the amount of impact that is going to have on your relationship with her. I don't think I could think of a worse thing to say to such a woman.

Thanks everyone at Senko-san's Abode for the translation

Dex-chan lover
Watching this doormat trying to justify the unjustifiable was getting painful but he's crossed a line here.

No matter what, an abusive situation should not be allowed to continue unchecked. Not only the abusive part, his wife, is becoming worse with her abuse, but his inaction is hurting Ichika as well by not facing it and trying to finding a solution. So while the wife is the main culprit as to why his family is broken, he's also guilty by inaction.

And what was that guilt-trip about speaking out destroying her family? She did the right thing. If you find an abusive situation, speak up. Fight back even, if you can. But if you can't, it's fine to run away, specially if the law it's not friendly to these situations (and I don't have faith in Japan on this regard). Because the unchecked abuse today likely can become the attempted/accidental murder of tomorrow. And then what?

So no, he's not in the right. Today the father has shown to be complicit in the situation by being such a pushover. Somebody call child services; the sooner Ichika leaves that household, the better.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the translation.
Bro is cracking up and I really feel bad for him. people should understand that he is in state where where he barely care what to say since no one listened to him in the first place.
It is true what he said is pretty fucked but he would have never said it if this happened weeks ago.

Dex-chan lover
Watching this doormat trying to justify the unjustifiable was getting painful but he's crossed a line here.

No matter what, an abusive situation should not be allowed to continue unchecked. Not only the abusive part, his wife, is becoming worse with her abuse, but his inaction is hurting Ichika as well by not facing it and trying to finding a solution. So while the wife is the main culprit as to why his family is broken, he's also guilty by inaction.

And what was that guilt-trip about speaking out destroying her family? She did the right thing. If you find an abusive situation, speak up. Fight back even, if you can. But if you can't, it's fine to run away, specially if the law it's not friendly to these situations (and I don't have faith in Japan on this regard). Because the unchecked abuse today likely can become the attempted/accidental murder of tomorrow. And then what?

So no, he's not in the right. Today the father has shown to be complicit in the situation by being such a pushover. Somebody call child services; the sooner Ichika leaves that household, the better.

Life isn't that simple simple. Maybe what he said is harsh, but not necessarily wrong.

For example, now that Sayako's family is broken, is that a better result? She now has to become a single mother, raising Hikaru while working. and what about Hikaru's feelings? does he want it? does he also doesn't need a father, like his mom doesn't need a husband?
Apply it to Ichika the daughter, what would happen to Ichika if his mom and dad divorced? is it better for her? is that what she wants?

My point is, that there are no easy solutions, and there is no absolute right answer, everyone makes decisions and has to live with those decisions, you can't force the answer you choose to other family situations.

Dex-chan lover
Guess he's finally losing it ô_ô..

(Looking back at how he said his mental state keeps getting worse)

It's crazy how he could technically really off himself (Like we've seen him multiple times on the bridge, maybe even contemplating) and no Traces of him would be left o_o

Not even trying to bother understanding his Wife's actions anymore <_<
This ends with killing his wife or pushing her off the stairs.

Group Leader
Life isn't that simple simple. Maybe what he said is harsh, but not necessarily wrong.

For example, now that Sayako's family is broken, is that a better result? She now has to become a single mother, raising Hikaru while working. and what about Hikaru's feelings? does he want it? does he also doesn't need a father, like his mom doesn't need a husband?
Apply it to Ichika the daughter, what would happen to Ichika if his mom and dad divorced? is it better for her? is that what she wants?

My point is, that there are no easy solutions, and there is no absolute right answer, everyone makes decisions and has to live with those decisions, you can't force the answer you choose to other family situations.
His brain is poisoned by the unfaltering belief that it's better for a family to stay together even if it's killing one or more of its members, and by the abuse itself -- his wife's authority and opinion are unassailable. In a literal sense, he probably wasn't wrong but if her standing up for herself caused the family to break down, was such family worth keeping in the first place?

Dex-chan lover
something something Japanese culture something something they prioritize silence to keep the peace over noise to solve pressing issues. Hey Trucyasui its not dumb. booo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread