Sensitive Boy - Ch. 47 - Did you not notice?

Group Leader
To all the idiots here calling her broken. Body dysmorphia is not just an issue affecting women, but men too. The stuff women and girls have like eating disorders are just less accepted socially. There's also less obvious and more acceptable eating disorders too like orthorexia (which affect a lot of men especially the gym bros). With guys, the body dysmophia is usually directed outward towards something external like body building, but not in a healthy way. Hence why there are so many young body builders abusing steroids and dying at alarmingly young ages (some in their 20s). Also, incels.

Plastic surgery is just a version of this that those with money and power in our capitalist society can abuse.

Doesn't matter if you're rich or poor, man or woman. This is a problem with far reaching tentacles that touches upon every class and demographic.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"So you cut your wrist over such a thing?"
That... that's probably the worst thing you can tell someone who cuts themselves and is suicidal. "Girl, your problems are insignificant. Can't you see that the children in Africa have no food on their table? Be happy you have all these good things in your life."

At least he turned it around right at the end with "I'm fine with that [destroy his beautiful memories of her]. It's better than not knowing anything at all." Basically telling her he would accept her no matter what.

Still, I don't think he can fix her. In theory, he could, but with his track record of shooting himself in the foot by saying really inconsiderate things, because he is pretty naive, I don't think he'll make it. I only see a bad future for both of them. But there is also a future where he is the catalyst for her change, she starts going to therapy, deals with her issues, and they live happy ever after. That's a pretty unlikely future, though.
Edit: typos/corrected a brain fart sentence

Last edited:
Group Leader
In the previous arc, a girl was inadvertently cruel to a boy with depression due to past trauma. The comments section universally hated her and demanded she be karmically punished.

In this arc, a boy is inadvertently cruel to a girl with depression due to past trauma. The comments section is responding by largely hating her and suggesting the boy abandon her for his own good.

I wonder what caused this difference? I guess it'll forever be a mystery.

Double-page supporter
People still have hope for the twin/body swap theory lol.

Let's be honest, we all know that's bullshit. The real answer is

6YyVAhd.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
In the previous arc, a girl was inadvertently cruel to a boy with depression due to past trauma. The comments section universally hated her and demanded she be karmically punished.

In this arc, a boy is inadvertently cruel to a girl with depression due to past trauma. The comments section is responding by largely hating her and suggesting the boy abandon her for his own good.

No way you're comparing Izumi to Tsubasa.....That chick literally blamed Kaede for what happened to him and even assumed he enjoyed that incident which is something you NEVER say to a rape victim

Izumi is literally trying to understand what Kanon is going thru and actually cares about her and what she's going thru with her own body

You do realize both situations are COMPLETELY and entirely different right?

Dex-chan lover
To all the idiots here calling her broken. Body dysmophia is not just an issue affecting women, but men too. The stuff women and girls have like eating disorders are just less accepted socially. There's also less obvious and more acceptable eating disorders too like orthorexia (which affect a lot of men especially the gym bros). With guys, the body dysmophia is usually directed outward towards something external like body building, but not in a healthy way. Hence why there are so many young body builders abusing steroids and dying at alarming young ages (some in their 20s). Also, incels.

Plastic surgery is just a version of this that those with money and power in our capitalist society can abuse.

Doesn't matter if you're rich or poor, man or woman. This is a problem with far reaching tentacles that touches upon every class and demographic.
These are just excuses for weak minded people.

You gained weight because you have eating disorder, just try to control your mouth mf.

You have nice body but still can't get girls, then improve something other than your body tf.

People make it sound like some big shit but it's not, they are just weak

Last edited:

jak

Contributor

Yeah, you're dumb if you think the 2 situations are even remotely the same. He's trying to understand, while she told a rape victim it was his fault.

Group Leader
These are just excuses for weak minded people.

You gained weight because you have eating disorder, just try to control your mouth mf.

You have nice body but still can't get girls, then improve something other than your body tf.

People make it sound like some big shit but it's not, they are just weak

Wow, you're definitely trolling. Either that or we're witnessing a fine example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Dex-chan lover

We are not seeing any victim blaming? How are the two situation the same unless you are illiterate and can't see the distinction? Tsubasa acted physically repulsed by him right infront of his eyes and fucked it all up even further with her words right after. Even the rooftop scene with her friends spells it out spesificly how fucked up what she did was (though it does it a little too on the nose). She had her own problems but that doesn't give anyone the right to deepen someone elses trauma.

In here, MC literally catches some other dude out of the shower in his GFs room, actually listens to him instead of directly punching his face and proceeds to listen to the girl as well trying to genuinely understand her. If anything, he is acting way too mature after all this trauma dumping.

Users who are viewing this thread