Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Ch. 24.2

Double-page supporter
Yeah, his logic makes sense, with the information he has that is.

Unfortunately, due to the dark magic she absorbed, her lifespan isn't long, she isn't the Saint and even if she were, the witch will only make things worse if they let a Saint die of old age.

To be honest..he is not too wrong, I mean he does not know that Elrise is a fake. I mean from his point of view if Elrise continue they will create a super powerful witch that nobody can defeat. He probably has no idea that the current Elrise is even aware of the curse. I think the decision they makes kinda makes sense I mean I wouldn't want 5 years eternal war cycle too.

Yeah, his logic makes sense, with the information he has that is.

Unfortunately, due to the dark magic she absorbed, her lifespan isn't long, she isn't the Saint and even if she were, the witch will only make things worse if they let a Saint die of old age.
Yeah, I think the same stuff the problem is they didn't know about her situation..like they thought she is real saint and real saint kinda live long I guess.

Dex-chan lover
To be honest..he is not too wrong, I mean he does not know that Elrise is a fake. I mean from his point of view if Elrise continue they will create a super powerful witch that nobody can defeat. He probably has no idea that the current Elrise is even aware of the curse. I think the decision they makes kinda makes sense I mean I wouldn't want 5 years eternal war cycle too.
Yeah sure, so let's go and arrest her, totally won't make her their enemy just the same.

Dex-chan lover
Time for the hikkimori arc!
Oh, she's not instantly down with my hyperspecific plan? Too bad, guess it's violence time again.

Why are people (writers) like thia
tbf, it does make a lot of sense. Although I don't remember it happening like this? Since guards couldn't in any way threaten her or force her by force. (don't remember exactly how they managed things in the end, but I think it was by [spoiler\])
But the point is still that it makes sense for them to try and use the [spoiler\] measures to prevent her from becoming the aforementioned über witch no other saint could ever hope to defeat.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Do they really think they can imprison her? Guess they’re assuming she will play nice.
I have a very vague recollection at this point, so take with a pinch of salt. But iirc they threatened the life of the students she had made friends with, if she didn't comply.
And possibly even their own lives, where if she resisted they would suicide? Though I don't think that last one was actual part of it, and just some errant thought I had back then that became canon in my mind.

Not that they, she, or anyone actually thinks they could stop her from saving every hostage if they tried to go through with it (particularly not as they never actually really took them hostage iirc), but they do at least think the threat itself is enough to make her stay put so long as noone actually gets hurt from it.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah sure, so let's go and arrest her, totally won't make her their enemy just the same.

But her as a saint being enemy is different to more madness-driven her as a witch, which is the point of them trying to stop her from actively hunting down the witch as she has been.

It's obviously not 'perfect' as that's pretty much the point of the conversation in this chapter, but for those in the know of the witch's origin + under impression that Elrise is a real saint, this option give them the longest period of peace.

Dex-chan lover
I have a very vague recollection at this point, so take with a pinch of salt. But iirc they threatened the life of the students she had made friends with, if she didn't comply.
And possibly even their own lives, where if she resisted they would suicide? Though I don't think that last one was actual part of it, and just some errant thought I had back then that became canon in my mind.

Not that they, she, or anyone actually thinks they could stop her from saving every hostage if they tried to go through with it (particularly not as they never actually really took them hostage iirc), but they do at least think the threat itself is enough to make her stay put so long as noone actually gets hurt from it.
the king didn't threaten her friend life, but he knew that Elrise, being the kind of person she is, wouldn't hurt people and thus she won't hurt the soldiers, but he can't stop her from leaving, so instead, he made Leila believe what he said that Elrise is better off alive, and Leila being who she is especially after the reveal from the knight she fight before this arc revealing about the witch system, she agreed with the king and act as hostage so Elrise can't leave

additional info : Elrise also likes her neet life, so she doesn't exactly have motivation to leave after Leila ended up being hostage despite Elrise herself can "save" her easily

beeg spoiler of this part, open the spoiler at your own risk (warning for people who haven't read the novel)

Dex-chan lover
But her as a saint being enemy is different to more madness-driven her as a witch, which is the point of them trying to stop her from actively hunting down the witch as she has been.

It's obviously not 'perfect' as that's pretty much the point of the conversation in this chapter, but for those in the know of the witch's origin + under impression that Elrise is a real saint, this option give them the longest period of peace.

Okay.
But doesn't that leave the witch free to cause chaos everywhere?

Users who are viewing this thread