Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Ch. 24.2

Dex-chan lover
I mean the witch is absolutely stuck. She can't move. Because if she does Elrise can and will break out and just go for the kill. It's like seeing a lion getting pampered behind a cage that's small enough that the lion can just jump out of it anytime.

But that's not how it works for the king. If the king believed that Elrise could just break out and go kill the witch at any point, then why even go through with it? What does he gain by locking up someone that he knows can break out at any time and do the thing he's locking them up to prevent? Nothing. (I would say nothing except animosity but we all know manga protagonists like these forgive everything). So the king HAS to believe he can prevent Elrise from doing exactly what you're saying. So if the king believes that he can hold Elrise in lockdown to prevent her from killing the witch, then he must know he's just letting the witch go wild and do whatever. And that was my initial question.

the witch is terrified of her existence and won't leave her hideout in-case she leaves a trail back to herself. she's not omniscient, her information of the outside world comes from the birds exchanged between her and the knights who were arrested. From Aiz's perspective they also don't have much of a choice either do this and wait till elrise dies of old age or have humanity end in the next cycle.

The Wn's also shown the kings take the whole saint/witch cycle incredibly seriously and Aiz is one of the more reasonable and benevolent ones. There was another king who had an entire saint's family executed for hiding her

She's not omniscient but we know she's a powerful magical witch that has sent monsters before and has managed to get knights to send her messages. You really think there's absolutely no way for the witch to get word that the saint got locked up? More than that, do you think the king would think he can absolutely prevent all information about the saint getting locked up from getting to the witch? I mean if your answer to those questions is yes then that's that I suppose. Because otherwise if the answer is no, then that's the response to my question. Yeah the guy would just let the witch go wild and rampage.

I think being locked up here is not being thrown into the dungeon or something, but more like a house arrest in a mansion, and only be permitted to go out if the witch is in rampage.
She's basically getting the ultimate last weapon treatment

So just what already was the case before locking her up but with the extra steps of locking her up. Not the means of locking her up don't matter, it's the lock up itself and what it entails. If you're gonna lock her up in fear that she'll kill the witch but then if the witch attacks you let her go, you're not doing anything at all except locking her up on her free time. Because remember the king fully believes that the Saint's job is to kill the witch and then die, and he thinks Elrise would absolutely do that. So then in his mind if he lets Elrise out to fight, why wouldn't she take the chance to outright kill the witch, thus ruining his plan?

Well, I can understand the King's logic. By sacrificing a saint, (in a way that she just become a witch repellent) the world will get peace by stalemate. The king and the council have this idea because Elrise managed to suppress the witch, which no saint had ever done. The king also didnt want Elrise to be the witch as she's too strong. They would rather have troubles by locking Elrise than letting her become an uncontrollable nuke.

So then yes to my question. The king would rather the witch go out and rampage then.

Do you have such short term memory that you've forgotten the witch's character that was mentioned in the last chapter?

EDIT: I'll take the fact you have no actual comment back that you do have the memory worse than goldfish.

Lmao. Lol even. Yeah you did not understand my comment at all my guy.

Dex-chan lover
So then yes to my question. The king would rather the witch go out and rampage then.

Lmao. Lol even. Yeah you did not understand my comment at all my guy.

'lmao. lol even.' yeah you did not understand the story at all my guy

Dex-chan lover
. So then in his mind if he lets Elrise out to fight, why wouldn't she take the chance to outright kill the witch, thus ruining his plan?

The King wants Elrise to do Batman things; i.e containing the Witch even though there will be a bit of chaos and death.

Look, I'll try to make an example. Imagine that in Batman universe, Joker is a curse that will transfer his lunacy to everyone who kills him. So, Batman tried to imprison Joker, yet in doing so, it resulted in death everytime Joker escapes. It has to be done or else the only one who can stop Joker, Batman, will become the worst Joker ever. Same situation.
If you ask why can't Elrise just kill, The King might not be able to stop her, but he can make threats to her friends to force Elrise to follow his order of just repel the witch, not kill. They had to do something to prevent Elrise from killing the witch, no matter how vain it is.

Dex-chan lover
She's not omniscient but we know she's a powerful magical witch that has sent monsters before and has managed to get knights to send her messages. You really think there's absolutely no way for the witch to get word that the saint got locked up? More than that, do you think the king would think he can absolutely prevent all information about the saint getting locked up from getting to the witch? I mean if your answer to those questions is yes then that's that I suppose. Because otherwise if the answer is no, then that's the response to my question. Yeah the guy would just let the witch go wild and rampage.
those monsters are actually acting on their own and the witch won't do anything while Elrise is alive. Keeping her in a mansion under house arrest doesn't exactly mean she's out of the picture, plus you'll see Elrise isn't held there physically not that they ever had the power to do so. Its more of a manipulation tactic because no one wants to see her become the next witch. It'd be the equivalent of a vicious dog being held on a leash then you the witch coming along and trying to blow up the house, do you seriously expect the dog or dog owner to just sit still? The witch is actually traumatized by her existance and won't show herself unless there's news elrise got executed or something along those lines because it'd just take a second for her to get evaporated,

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well so the saint has less than a year left? That's a variable which supposed to be told at very early chapters right? I mean it's fun enough but all the plot points seem to be rather abrupt. Maybe all these plots were made up on the fly? like the story is getting axed, so we must try to force things. I'm sorry, I think I noticed the axed signs since a while ago.

Dex-chan lover
Well so the saint has less than a year left? That's a variable which supposed to be told at very early chapters right? I mean it's fun enough but all the plot points seem to be rather abrupt. Maybe all these plots were made up on the fly? like the story is getting axed, so we must try to force things. I'm sorry, I think I noticed the axed signs since a while ago.
That's because of her lifespan from her previous life + the dark energy she took in which shortens her lifespan. she needed it to be able to damage the witch. Manga's not being axed the Ln is finished though

The Manga just doesn't explain things that well.

Dex-chan lover
A few decades of 95% peace sounds a lot better than just 5 years of 100% peace.

Well, throwing the fake saint into prison is really fucking stupid. Especially since she's so powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread