The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You - Vol. 6 Ch. 48 - Tsundere Lost

Wow, that was different. Way different. Fantastic.

It's obvious why everyone falls in love with Rentarou.

Deredere Karane is such a magnificent sight for us mere mortals it's just too much to handle. What a beautiful chapter, Chadrou truly deserves all dem tiddies.

manofculture.png

Double-page supporter
Absolutely fantastic chapter about my favorite character. I usually don't care one way or another about tsundere characters, but man, it amazes me how the writing for her has won me over.

Dex-chan lover
After all the comedy, sometimes you can forget that the manga can somehow do some actual romance here and there.

@tuatara1 I really don't think that is a fair summation of intent. It might feel like it was emotional guilt tripping, but he also couched it before hand with simply saying he knows she loved him and wanted to say things. She never had to. She took a drug to remove part of herself she hated. He was more or less saying 'You don't need to change for me, because we love you as you are'.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@tuatara1 posted:

You're allowed to take a new path. That's part of what it means to grows as a person.
Sure, and as Rentarou said, he'll love her just as much as before if that's what she's doing, but he can't accept it if she's just using it as an excuse to run away from her problems instead of actually growing.

You're not going to grow as a person by drinking a magical juice that removes parts of your personality that you find difficult to deal with.

Now that I think about it, what I wrote there kind of sounds like an allegory for alcoholism or something

1. It's been proven. Karane's disproportionate monster strength is tied to her mental state---ergo, her being a tsundere = monster strength. It's a pure example of mind over matter. Iku's dull eyes of unhappiness said it all. This is especially weighty coming from such a hardcore massochist like Iku.
2. I said it once, but it bears repeating. Hahari, without Rentarou serving as her morality chain, would already be in prison.
3. This manga's art does a DAMN GOOD JOB of hitting all the right emotional cues to really get us invested.
4. I rpersonally really like the deconstructing into reconstructing approach that this manga uses to build up its characters cuz it constantly forces the MC and supporting cast to work. Granted, the scenarios can oft tlmes be utterly batshit insane, but the very premise already set the tone that this was gonna be nuts. Normal just wouldn't work here.
5. Karane is actually one of my favorite characters, so seeing her get a dedicated character arc is awesome! Plus, it really is interesting to see a diehard trunsdere like her really rip into herself like that so much that she's willing to chemically alter who she is only to have Rentarou tell her that she doesn't have to.
Now, I get that some folks might take issue with Rentarou's actions... and no, I didn't read any comments before writing myself, I just have a good sense by now that some ppl might actually think he was being too heavyhanded or insensitive towards her or some nonsense like that.

If anything, it was the EXACT OPPOSITE.
Rentarou simply didn't want Karane to deny or hate who she was and that if she was going to make that change, it should be out of a genuine desire to change not motivated by anything else, least of all because she hates how she is.... or by using drugs to remove those undesired parts by force.

It's actually rather sweet when you have someone who accepts all that you are, good and bad, and like Rentarou... I'd prefer ppl not to feel that they 'have' to change and that being a mildly dishonest, often violent, cutely shy tsundere is perfectly okay. Your feelings will stillcome through loud n clear all the same.

Dex-chan lover
All the chaotic 4th wall breaking nonesense, crazy magical stuff and massive harem aside.

What a warm and insightful message about seeking change because it's something you want to be, not because you hate yourself and don't want to be yourself anymore.

Big difference between improving on the person that you are and becoming better, and forsaking and abandoning yourself. Evolving yourself vs. swapping yourself out for a fake you.

Fed-Kun's army
@Teasday
Now that I think about it, what I wrote there kind of sounds like an allegory for alcoholism or something
That's a good observation. It also applies to decision-making and regret. No matter how good it seems, don't make a drastic decision while under the influence of a "magical juice". And if people ask you to sober up before committing to it, please listen.

Dex-chan lover
Man she was a good straight man.🤔

Thanks for the chapter

So many meme worthy faces in this manga I should make a file or something.
718f16221d32adc3ed65409a9e110d33.png

Aggregator gang
it is one of these chapters (well most of them) where i know this is my favorite manga of all time.

I know tsunderes aren't everyone's cup of coffee, but Karane really reminds me of why I'm interested in the character trope in the first place: someone who shifts moods so much that it basically draws out the best and worst of them to everyone they know.

It's a plus point if the tsundere character is in conflict with their own personality, so seeing Karane like this is actually pretty sad considering the time we've gotten with her. I personally don't think Rentarou is forcing her to stay a tsundere, but he just wants her to change and reevaluate herself little by little if she hates being a tsundere, not through a magic drug where she doesn't just learn and build a new self stop her old one.

Overall, definitely a sweet chapter, especially since the previous chapters up til now were very outlandish.

Users who are viewing this thread