Azadarake no Classmate ga Shinpai de - Vol. 1 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
It puzzles me why some people are painting this as some kind of "escapism fantasy" where you save the girl.

Do you have to read so much into the intentions of the author and the use of PoV? Why can't it just be a warm simple story?

I rarely ever read this kind of "behind the scenes" psycho analysis in Japanese discussion. Almost like you know, people who are interested in and like the content talk about said content, and people who don't just move on. It's just a blood manga short.

Yes I know there's some irony in my whinging about it too. But it's weirdly frustrating to see that contrast in the comments here vs on twitter and stuff.
The answer is because a lot of the commenters here come from reddit.

Dex-chan lover
Do you have to read so much into the intentions of the author and the use of PoV? Why can't it just be a warm simple story?
The entire field of literature criticism is built on trying to figure the intentions of the author, the message the work carries, and its meaning in the wider cultural context. This is how students are taught to read literature in school, too. So hardly surprising when that learned approach is applied here, as well.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, hardly surprising staying over at protag's place is better than remaining with her abusive mother - yet I wonder where it goes from there.
On the other hand, lol, I guess if the popo turn a blind eye to child abuse, they're just as likely to ignore said child running away from home?

Dex-chan lover
At this point I think it'd be faster to just give her some good slaps to reset her brain and speedrun the whole "thawing" process.
So your idea to help her get through her physical abuse is to physically abuse her.

Supporter
That really touched my heart. "How long has it been since I had a hot meal". I hope she gets the much needed help and sometimes friends are people that can provide the help and the courage needed to get out of the situation we can get it

Dex-chan lover
She's enjoying it now, but wait till she gets home... Punishment for running away from home...

Seen too much of these cases...

Dex-chan lover
Would be better without the monologue, show don't tell yknow

It puzzles me why some people are painting this as some kind of "escapism fantasy" where you save the girl.

I rarely ever read this kind of "behind the scenes" psycho analysis in Japanese discussion. Almost like you know, people who are interested in and like the content talk about said content, and people who don't just move on. It's just a bloody manga short.

Yes I know there's some irony in my whinging about it too. But it's weirdly frustrating to see that contrast in the comments here vs on twitter and stuff.
I was wondering why this was rated so low while other "I can fix her" mangas like

https://mangadex.org/title/dca4faff...to-my-hometown-my-childhood-friend-was-broken
and
https://mangadex.org/title/5a0ab49a...pothecary-is-gonna-make-this-ragged-elf-happy

are generally well received. It does seem a lot like a group of people are review bombing it because the targeting seems pretty arbitrary.

If it's being bombed only because it's a POV manga instead of having a separate male MC, there's almost no difference between self-inserting in a POV manga and self-inserting as a teen/adult male MC with short black/brown hair and whose traits consist of being nice to girls and being good at cooking. These MCs are designed for the reader to self-insert.

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering why this was rated so low while other "I can fix her" mangas like

https://mangadex.org/title/dca4faff...to-my-hometown-my-childhood-friend-was-broken
and
https://mangadex.org/title/5a0ab49a...pothecary-is-gonna-make-this-ragged-elf-happy

are generally well received. It does seem a lot like a group of people are review bombing it because the targeting seems pretty arbitrary.

If it's being bombed only because it's a POV manga instead of having a separate male MC, there's almost no difference between self-inserting in a POV manga and self-inserting as a teen/adult male MC with short black/brown hair and whose traits consist of being nice to girls and being good at cooking. These MCs are designed for the reader to self-insert.
It's reddit bombing. They didn't like that the MC is helping her for ulterior reasons or having a savior complex, and they don't like that the artist has a fan box with abuse images.
You should've seen the reddit bombing on that stag beetle manga and that water bear manga recently, that was even worse.

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
I'd argue it's in fact significantly darker, if not in what's happening in the respective mangas' timelines, then in the heroines' background.
Eh, I'd say a story about an abusive household with a mother selling nudes of her own daughter and otherwise neglecting her completely is darker. This kid is most likely never going to be alright.

Users who are viewing this thread