My Wife Is From a Thousand Years Ago - Ch. 225

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation as always Paragon.

Why does the author have to ruin this sweet series with the MC acting like scum???
Genuinely asking, is the protag that scummy? Unless I'm misunderstanding something he's reciting goofy poetry to get her in the mood (that stuff about becoming sworn brothers and whatnot) like a hapless Westerner might quote Shakespeare to be 'romantic'. I don't see how he's pressuring her unduly or otherwise being sleazy, though yeah I would agree that he's a dork lol.

Contributor
The whole Paragon Scans staff quickly translating and uploading this chapter after reading the last chapter...

We see you! :pepehmm:

You thought that we wouldn't notice when you suddenly gain motivation?! :lewd:

Genuinely asking, is the protag that scummy? Unless I'm misunderstanding something he's reciting goofy poetry to get her in the mood (that stuff about becoming sworn brothers and whatnot) like a hapless Westerner might quote Shakespeare to be 'romantic'. I don't see how he's pressuring her unduly or otherwise being sleazy, though yeah I would agree that he's a dork lol.
You obviously do not understand the female perspective here. Dont worry I am not a female. But I still understand. Sex is never free for women. She obviously feels unsure about what she is doing. She is new to this world and feels that she misses alot of if she gets family and kids. This is the same way that every other women think nowdays. By the time they decide to settle down, its usually too late, since their biological clock stops at 30 years old. She hesitates. He pressures. Not good. Hell, maybe she isnt even attracted to him. She just dropped on his door. And agrees on his advances for survival. But what he wants is a point of no return. It will lock her in that place and leave no more room for personal advancement. Dont get fooled by her words when she says that she will kill him if he leaves. She just talks. Words are a wind.

Dex-chan lover
A bunch of basement dwellers who haven't held a girls hand speculating and debating women's perspective and morality of the situation. Just lmao.
I'mma just throw it out there, these days, at least from where I'm from ppl get to business in a month, max 3 after starting to date and such,Sometimes even sooner. Ofc it's different if you're a school boy, as those loves remain platonic most of the time.
I can't remember how long it's been since these guys have become a couple, but it felt like it's been ages and that it's been drawn out just for suspense etc. Just want for it to be over with and move on to see how they mature, not this constant blue balling for no reason.

Dex-chan lover
You obviously do not understand the female perspective here. Dont worry I am not a female. But I still understand. Sex is never free for women. She obviously feels unsure about what she is doing. She is new to this world and feels that she misses alot of if she gets family and kids. This is the same way that every other women think nowdays. By the time they decide to settle down, its usually too late, since their biological clock stops at 30 years old. She hesitates. He pressures. Not good. Hell, maybe she isnt even attracted to him. She just dropped on his door. And agrees on his advances for survival. But what he wants is a point of no return. It will lock her in that place and leave no more room for personal advancement. Dont get fooled by her words when she says that she will kill him if he leaves. She just talks. Words are a wind.
Eh...I see what you're talking about in terms of 'pressure,' and you're right that sex, and by extension kids, definitely makes it harder to do other things (whether in a fantastical context of time travel like this one or in general, like juggling motherhood and a career, etc.--there's a reason many companies nowadays try to make themselves more attractive to women by advertising work-life balance, and I've even heard paternity leave for men is becoming more common in fact). Still, in previous chapters she did notice Xu Qing's body, so I don't think she's actually unattracted entirely to him. So it doesn't seem like he's pressuring her into something she'd otherwise have no interest at all in, which would definitely be sleazy and bad.

Dex-chan lover
XnFBDSR.png

:ROFLMAO: he's going in

Dex-chan lover

She's been clear that in spite of feeling attracted, she does not want to do dirty things. She's stated she wants sex to be part of marriage for one. She also feels uncomfortable with their dynamic since she's indebted to him for taking her in. The time still isn't right.

And since she's clearly said "no" he's being scummy for continuing to push.

Dex-chan lover
She's been clear that in spite of feeling attracted, she does not want to do dirty things. She's stated she wants sex to be part of marriage for one. She also feels uncomfortable with their dynamic since she's indebted to him for taking her in. The time still isn't right.

And since she's clearly said "no" he's being scummy for continuing to push.
She wants him to get stronger than her so that he can push her down and she can use "he made me" as an excuse so she does not appear "lewd". This has literally been her thoughts multiple times in the past. She wants to. She doesn't want to want to, though.

Dex-chan lover
I hope you guys understand that pushing limits is fine, it's when you ignore when someone says "No" after pushing limits that you are scum.

Obviously it's more complicated in a real life with sub text, power dynamics and etc, but it's pretty clear here: cross the line and she will kick his ass.

Has his ass been kicked? :dogkek:

Users who are viewing this thread