My Wife Is From a Thousand Years Ago - Ch. 225

Dex-chan lover
*Patts on his forehead in disappointment.

How old are you kid? Have you ever been in relationship ever?

You keep talking about respecting her respecting. Excuse me, if she loves Qing shouldnt she also respect the wishes of her partner? Doesnt indulging in sex involve that? If she truly belives that she will end up his then whats the point? And if she truly has feelings for him, isnt it disrespectful to herself to ignore her own desires towards him?

Beliefs belifs.....the concept of belifs itself is based on stupidity. What difference it would make if she belives that she will sleep with him if sun rises from the west that day she will sleep with him?

And there is an excellent reason for why a man wants to quickly have sex and kids with a woman. And it tramples many so called respect points of yours since that type of advances ensures that this respect is well worth keeping. Do you understand that having a kid with a woman locks her for entire life to be his? She wont be able so easily file for divorce and leave him since no other man will want to father someone elses kid. Doesnt it make sense to do that to her as soon as possible if he really wants to keep her? And if she refuses, doesnt that show that she has alterior motives? That she views all that arrangement as temporary and takes advantage of Qing? Maybe she is really from mountains and comes up with nonsense like time travel to lock up a nerdy guy since it gives her a good communication starter? Then wouldnt her behavior like that can only show that she tries to get her ID and then get out without scars? Do you think Qing should be that stupid to let her take advantage of him so easily?
Not saying they shouldn't have sex at all. Just that he could wait...

He knows she comes from ancient times. He knows how valuable that is for her.

And yes, I have kids. And I want my kids to have people that respect their values. They don't have to agree, but they should have respect. I don't want them to be manipulated or to manipulate, but instead have a relationship based on trust and respect for each other.

And you are saying she should respect his wishes... but the fact is he could just wait. He's basically rushing what he will later get anyways for his own temporary pleasure is scummy.

And why are you so offended by me saying he should respect her wishes???

And you are saying he shouldn't let her take advantage of him.... but if you are worried a person will take advantage of you, you should not be in a relationship with them...

If you are worried that they will cheat you, then that is obviously a sign that you do not trust them. And you should never be in a relationship with someone you don't trust. Simple as that.

And if she leaves him after getting the ID, then it's better to be rid of her. And if he doesn't trust that she'd stay with him after the ID, he shouldn't be with her.

She actually put all of her money with him anyways... and right now, he's in a situation where he's not really worth cheating...

And right now, he KNOWS that she not only loves him but that he is the most important person in her life.

Dex-chan lover
Why are you so against having a relationship built on trust and respect???

If he's really against her values, he shouldn't be in a relationship with her...

He shouldn't take advantage of her or pressure her before she's ready...

Dex-chan lover

How old are you kid? Have you ever been in relationship ever?

You keep talking about respecting her respecting. Excuse me, if she loves Qing shouldnt she also respect the wishes of her partner? Doesnt indulging in sex involve that? If she truly belives that she will end up his then whats the point? And if she truly has feelings for him, isnt it disrespectful to herself to ignore her own desires towards him?

Beliefs belifs.....the concept of belifs itself is based on stupidity. What difference it would make if she belives that she will sleep with him if sun rises from the west that day she will sleep with him?

And there is an excellent reason for why a man wants to quickly have sex and kids with a woman. And it tramples many so called respect points of yours since that type of advances ensures that this respect is well worth keeping. Do you understand that having a kid with a woman locks her for entire life to be his? She wont be able so easily file for divorce and leave him since no other man will want to father someone elses kid. Doesnt it make sense to do that to her as soon as possible if he really wants to keep her? And if she refuses, doesnt that show that she has alterior motives? That she views all that arrangement as temporary and takes advantage of Qing? Maybe she is really from mountains and comes up with nonsense like time travel to lock up a nerdy guy since it gives her a good communication starter? Then wouldnt her behavior like that can only show that she tries to get her ID and then get out without scars? Do you think Qing should be that stupid to let her take advantage of him so easily?

Uncle Qing has his own game to play....
I was happly eating popcorn while reading the comments and I intended to read only, but now I have to ask: how old are you?
Saying that "having kids locks a woman life to the man" feels like a 1400s thing lol. "She wont be able to easily file for divorce" lol..nowadays people take less to divorce than what it took them to get married, with or without kids lol

But what I'm curious about is why divorce came up...or rather, why you started talking about divorce: she has no intention of divorcing, we saw that some chapters ago when he tried to make a joke

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
He can do it to her at gun point. There is a good reason why modern people arent martial artists. Its obsolte. Doing that doesnt change the nature of this act. Its a rape. If she likes to be raped Qing has to have a serious discussion about this with her rather than talking the intricacies of prematrial intimacy that she focuses her enterie existence around.
the thing is Xu Qing can't threaten her in this instance, in this moment she can kick his ass if she wanted to. the fact that she isn't doing that says that she wants to do the deed. In china people don't own guns like in the USA.

Not saying they shouldn't have sex at all. Just that he could wait...

He knows she comes from ancient times. He knows how valuable that is for her.

And yes, I have kids. And I want my kids to have people that respect their values. They don't have to agree, but they should have respect. I don't want them to be manipulated or to manipulate, but instead have a relationship based on trust and respect for each other.

And you are saying she should respect his wishes... but the fact is he could just wait. He's basically rushing what he will later get anyways for his own temporary pleasure is scummy.

And why are you so offended by me saying he should respect her wishes???

And you are saying he shouldn't let her take advantage of him.... but if you are worried a person will take advantage of you, you should not be in a relationship with them...

If you are worried that they will cheat you, then that is obviously a sign that you do not trust them. And you should never be in a relationship with someone you don't trust. Simple as that.

And if she leaves him after getting the ID, then it's better to be rid of her. And if he doesn't trust that she'd stay with him after the ID, he shouldn't be with her.

She actually put all of her money with him anyways... and right now, he's in a situation where he's not really worth cheating...

And right now, he KNOWS that she not only loves him but that he is the most important person in her life.

Since you are defending the unrealistic position of Jang He, I presume you are a woman. And since you said you have kids, then you must be around my age. I am 42.

I see you have alot of taint that haunts my generation of women. Princess syndrome!

Hear this...NO MAN OWES A WOMAN ANYTHING.

What do you mean he has to let her take advantage of her? Scratch that. Let her crawl her way out of gutter. Nobody owes to serve her as her social lifter.

You said that he is sure that she is from ancient times? If he belives that based on the wind that she pushes through her teeth with the help of her teeth and lungs...then he deserves to be taken advantage of. No sane man will ever let him knowingly taken advantage of.

The reason why they arent married is not because of him. But because of her. It is her who doesnt have an ID. Otherwise he would be ploughing the farmland in his bed a very long time ago and we wouldnt be discussing here trust issues. He has to suffer this nonsense only because of her. And you say she has a nerve to talk about values? Scratch that. He doesnt have to trust her. And her unwillingness to have kids with him rises enough suspicion. I bet the only reason why he doesnt put her behind the doors is because he feel pity on her. How convenient that she uses the looks of nice girl when she in sitation that nothing about is normal or usual. She doesnt even fear death if she will be put behind the doors? What kind of logic is that? A person would do anything for survival, let alone having sex or kids in a world that completely hostile to you. Can you even think in those terms?

Why are you so against having a relationship built on trust and respect???

If he's really against her values, he shouldn't be in a relationship with her...

He shouldn't take advantage of her or pressure her before she's ready...
Again, men owe nothing to women. They are strong powerful and independent. Have a taste of equality. Work to bones for your survival. By now she should be well aware of survival skills and she can lead her own life. It is still much better than what she had before...if what she said that was before is even true.

What is there about her to trust? She drops out of nowhere. Claims to be a time traveller. And everybody supposed to take her word for it? And that is what people supposed to trust?

He wouldnt be in a relationship with her is she was a modern person. Look up at Gong Ping. She is a miserable existence probably a leftover woman. Who cares? Maybe once in a while women should follow their wishes to be with men just like men since it will lead them to a happier lives? How about stopping playing games?

Before she is ready? Ready for what? He can marry her have sex with her and divorce her the next day. Can she ever become prepared against that? Dont talk nonsense.

I was happly eating popcorn while reading the comments and I intended to read only, but now I have to ask: how old are you?
Saying that "having kids locks a woman life to the man" feels like a 1400s thing lol. "She wont be able to easily file for divorce" lol..nowadays people take less to divorce than what it took them to get married, with or without kids lol
If you are a man who writes that and miraculously have a fertile wife...then give her to me for a few days, I will make her pregnant and then you can watch after my kid with her.

By the way if you have kids, go check for DNA test. 30% of kids arent their fathrers.

No sane man will want a woman who already have a kid as a wife.

Of course she will be able to file for divorce and take away his kids. But that wont accomplish anything in the end. She will remain single since no other man will want to do anything with her. That is why I said that filing for divorce will be a very hard decision. It will be the same to secluding herself to loneliness for the rest of her miserable life.

Last edited:
the thing is Xu Qing can't threaten her in this instance, in this moment she can kick his ass if she wanted to. the fact that she isn't doing that says that she wants to do the deed. In china people don't own guns like in the USA.
You must also be someone who belives in magic and flying people around too. This woman isnt stronger than this man. That is the first. Secondly, even in China one can get a gun. Illegally. And force a woman to do anything he wants. Therefore from Jiang He`s point he did nothing wrong, just used his brain.

Dex-chan lover
You must also be someone who belives in magic and flying people around too. This woman isnt stronger than this man. That is the first. Secondly, even in China one can get a gun. Illegally. And force a woman to do anything he wants. Therefore from Jiang He`s point he did nothing wrong, just used his brain.
She definitely is stronger than him, he isn't that good at martial arts yet also she has her sword right there. Regardless of whether you can get a gun illegally or not, Xu Wing isn't about to whip out a gun on her. If Jiang he wanted to get him off her she really could because 1. She's stronger than him (or at least on the same level because she still practices martial arts and with her sword) 2. Xu qing can't threaten her with anything like a gun because he's not like that also he doesn't have one cause he's a lawful citizen. The fact that she's not kicking off her really obviously shows that she's fine with it. It's not rape from either of them we really gotta stop throwing the r word around too much cause then we can't differentiate between rape and not rape

Dex-chan lover
Even if she was a modern person, the life she is having wouldnt be possible without a man in it. Gong Peng is a modern woman, but in terms of family life she is miserable. There is no point in telling him that she likes him and then hold herself back and calling it absense of marriage. Marriage can be abolished just like established. Its power over men is imaginary at best. Toying around with Xue is despicable. Saying that there is any debt between them is despicable as well. He clearly stated many times that he doesnt expect her to pay back her. He forgave all her debts. She simply creates excuses to avoid him.
She depends on Xue not because he's a man, but because he's a citizen who can provide housing and a way for her to earn citizenship. It'd be the same thing if Ping Ping found her and this was called "My roommate is from 1000 years ago."

Anyways you seem to think that she owes him sex because he's been kind to her, but that's up to them to decide as individuals. No one ever owes you sex unless you explicitly state "If you do this then I'll provide sex." It requires an explicit agreement. She's not toying around with him. She's just not ready yet, and she's clearly stated her reasons why.

Dex-chan lover
All this talk about power dynamics and pressure, and I just wanna know what the Guan Statue is for.

Dex-chan lover
All this talk about power dynamics and pressure, and I just wanna know what the Guan Statue is for.
It symbolizes loyalty and friendship among other things. His whole joke is implying that a couple without intimacy are essentially just very close friends.

She definitely is stronger than him, he isn't that good at martial arts yet also she has her sword right there. Regardless of whether you can get a gun illegally or not, Xu Wing isn't about to whip out a gun on her. If Jiang he wanted to get him off her she really could because 1. She's stronger than him (or at least on the same level because she still practices martial arts and with her sword) 2. Xu qing can't threaten her with anything like a gun because he's not like that also he doesn't have one cause he's a lawful citizen. The fact that she's not kicking off her really obviously shows that she's fine with it. It's not rape from either of them we really gotta stop throwing the r word around too much cause then we can't differentiate between rape and not rape

This novel pictures an impossible view on female physical prowess. If you belive that she can beat a man nearly twice her size, then you might as well belive fairies and magic too. You do not understand the physical differences between men and women well enough to understand what a huge gap in physical strenght men have against women. Let me give you some hint. On average men have nearly twice the muscule mass on upper body part and nearly 30% more muscule mass on lower body part. Secondly if you look at Jiang He she looks very petite and not athletic at all. Physically its impossible for her to be stronger than this man. Simply impossible.

If challange in combat is what Jiang He is asking, then rules of engagement dont have to be in the same manner as Jiang He imagined. Nobody in the modern world solve war issues with swords anymore. Compared to to modern weapons swordplay is obsolete. If Jiang He aspires to become a modern person, throwing around her skills in swordplay to solve real issues is what amounts to stupidity. She doesnt even wear armor to come to combat with swords. I do not know what Era she truly comes from (she looks more like she is coming from cosplay world than some real ancient times) but people of ancients times were truly heavily armored people before coming to combat zone. I doubt Jiang He can do anything to him if armored himself up in full and simply used a mace instead of sword. She would be crushed in no time. As you can see it is quite stupid for Jiang He even do anything about it. She is too backwards when compared to real combat methods. Modern Ancient or otherwise.

He cant threaten her because he is a lawful citizen? So the lawful citizens run around with swords and challenge each other to improve their combat effectiveness against their would be wives. And sometimes end up chopping body parts and thats ok because its fun?

She may not be kicking him off for other reasons. Obviously her survival depends on him. She might end up in the street and that definitely worse scenario than not kicking him off the bed.

She depends on Xue not because he's a man, but because he's a citizen who can provide housing and a way for her to earn citizenship. It'd be the same thing if Ping Ping found her and this was called "My roommate is from 1000 years ago."

Anyways you seem to think that she owes him sex because he's been kind to her, but that's up to them to decide as individuals. No one ever owes you sex unless you explicitly state "If you do this then I'll provide sex." It requires an explicit agreement. She's not toying around with him. She's just not ready yet, and she's clearly stated her reasons why.
A family life is not the same thing with living on your own. Even living with your parents is not same with living with your loved one. The interactions between these two people is what leads them to have a better life. It is a much more stronger effect than done individually. So yes, she depends on him simply because he man. Providing housing and way to earn citizenship is also the benefits of companionship. How many people in this world truly own their houses? How many like Gong Ping pay their mortgages even in afterlife? You seriously think that men owe women anything just because they are women? How about working your to your bones to find out what it truly means to own your own place? To have a peace of your mind? Do you really think for someone who is a girl and time limit until 30 years old is even possible in this world to own her place even if she is a modern woman? How many succeed doing that? Think again. Jiang He depends on men with her life. In every mannner of this word. Both for procreation and prosperity and peace of the mind in this life.

And if Jiang He truly feels frusturated by Xue why she doesnt move and live with Gong Ping then?

They do have an agreement between each other. Its called boyfriend and girlfriend relationship. I do think that a relationship of that level does involve intimacy. If you think otherwise, then we have nothing to talk about. Do you think it is fair to let someone belive that they become your lover and shut their advances down on every step? This is called toying with them. If you have no feelings, then get the hell out.

She is not ready? Well let me get you straight to your head? She is a woman. Her chances of finding a good man in a modern world is very slim. Alot of women in our world who think they are too smart are ending up being unwanted by men and are called leftover women. Nearly half of the women of my generation are unmarried and childless. And as the time progresses it gets worse. Do you think the chance of Jiang He ending up in that category is small? Perhaps the example of Gong Ping is an examplary one?

Dex-chan lover
Since you are defending the unrealistic position of Jang He, I presume you are a woman. And since you said you have kids, then you must be around my age. I am 42.

I see you have alot of taint that haunts my generation of women. Princess syndrome!

Hear this...NO MAN OWES A WOMAN ANYTHING.

What do you mean he has to let her take advantage of her? Scratch that. Let her crawl her way out of gutter. Nobody owes to serve her as her social lifter.

You said that he is sure that she is from ancient times? If he belives that based on the wind that she pushes through her teeth with the help of her teeth and lungs...then he deserves to be taken advantage of. No sane man will ever let him knowingly taken advantage of.

The reason why they arent married is not because of him. But because of her. It is her who doesnt have an ID. Otherwise he would be ploughing the farmland in his bed a very long time ago and we wouldnt be discussing here trust issues. He has to suffer this nonsense only because of her. And you say she has a nerve to talk about values? Scratch that. He doesnt have to trust her. And her unwillingness to have kids with him rises enough suspicion. I bet the only reason why he doesnt put her behind the doors is because he feel pity on her. How convenient that she uses the looks of nice girl when she in sitation that nothing about is normal or usual. She doesnt even fear death if she will be put behind the doors? What kind of logic is that? A person would do anything for survival, let alone having sex or kids in a world that completely hostile to you. Can you even think in those terms?
If he doesn't trust her, he shouldn't be with her.

And I am a man btw. And if my wife didn't respect me, I would NEVER have married her. And I make sure to respect her too. Respect has to be mutual.

And it's not a man owes women or the verse, it's couples OWE EACH OTHER respect.

And I would do the same for her. If he views something as important, she would also have to respect that.

Respect should be mutual, and if not, he should not have had a relationship with her nor kept her in his house.

If he divorces her the next day, that is his personal lack of character and is a complete separate issue.

You keep on trying to muddle the issue but the point is that he's not giving her beliefs respect and is trying to take advantage of her.

Relationships are based on trust. If you don't have it, you shouldn't be together. And he shouldn't have her in his home. Simple as that.

He should just end it and keep the money she earned for him.

Users who are viewing this thread