Uchuujin no Kakushigoto - Ch. 22 - Name

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck. I was not expecting her to kill him? She’s supposed to be some being of higher intelligence yet she can’t understand that it’s him who she fell in love with not his “body”. As we seen from before reincarnating the same person completely alters the original personality/ego. So this is a wtf moment.

Dex-chan lover
Dude my mouth was wide open between pages 11-14. Holy shit this wild ride is ending next chapter & I always knew this wouldn't end on a high note. Curious to see how this will end & I predict it will be on the 9th planet they plan to conquer. Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
On one hand, what the actual fuck.

On the other hand, we should've seen something like this coming.

Edit:
Also, I know that people think this series is all kinds of fucked up, but in hindsight, I think maybe that's what the author was getting at. As humans, we tend to view ourselves in a positive light; there are very few stories where the main character isn't, at bare minimum, somewhat human, either in appearance, mentality or mannerisms. Even when it's a story about animals with no human intervention, 95 times out of 100 their will be a human narrating the story, the animals will talk (out loud, in their heads or have their grunts "translated") or some other bs. Heck, even with something like aliens, we as humans are almost always forced to make them human-like in order for alien characters to be appealing, weird appendages, features, characteristics o otherwise. Which is probably also why Lovecraft's works were also so horrifying, both in-universe and to us as readers.

But with this story, it hits different. Because even though it starts off as the "aliens living among us" trope mixed with what initially looked like a typical high-school romcom, it all went out the window the moment Karagaki, justifiably depending on who you ask, got perforated.

I honestly don't know how to word this next bit properly, so bare with me. At the end of the day, Haru truly is an alien; even if she looks somewhat human, her way of thinking and morality is beyond most of our comprehensions. Instead of a Black-Grey-White Morality, she runs with Blue and Orange Morality. And... goddammit, my head hurts thinking about all this.

Make of all this what you will, I'm probably wrong on most of this, but I just felt compelled to type all this out before it occupied my brain for the rest of the day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread