Uchuujin no Kakushigoto - Ch. 21 - Answer

Dex-chan lover
Ok, now please have the gondola crush them both - world saved. Seriously this is way too fcked up to elicit any kind of awww emotion towards their weird ass love story

Dex-chan lover
You understand that he doesn't give a shit right? Like, everything is totally fucked forever for him. His parents are dead. His friend is dead.
Thought the manga was pretty clear on how he was mind broken from the very start and didnt care about anybody because they didnt suck him off for existing.
His entire goody toe shoes helpful guy personality was just an act fishing for attention.
I gotta say, I've rarely felt such dissonance between reading a manga and reading the comments as this one. With most trashy manga, its fans at least admit it's trash. This manga, however, despite being legitimately terrible (awful characters, nonsensical plot twists, boring writing that pretends to be a lot deeper than it actually is) receives almost nonstop unironic praise here. Tons of people are calling this chapter "wholesome" even though it's one of the most cliche and simultaneously lamest "tragic backstories" I've seen in fiction. Is this just the first time people here have read a manga that isn't shonen shit or isekai trash? Seriously everyone, have some standards.
Frieren at the funeral syndrome lol.
Vapid and mind numbingly boring but people act like its a masterpiece because its like crazy deep reddit allegory for life being short and sad or some shit.
All the characters act so autistic and inhuman that its a struggle to care about any of them.
Every chapter is just robots dialog boxing at each other "sad innit" and then 3 years pass.
gonna be a little nihilistic here but even in a fully loving human relationship, he would still be being manipulated. Even an emotional reaction is logical, just using logic that you aren't consciously aware of. Even in a normal loving relationship, your lover would still be doing things with the expectation or hope that they would elicit an affectionate response. He's no stranger to this, as that's the same way he was responding to his parents. So, it's fine for him to go into a relationship like this, as long as he knows the rules and so does she.
The fuck kind of psychological egoism tangent is this? Of course everyone tries to gain something out of a relationship but acting like true empathy and compassion(the one thing humans absolutely excel at) doesn't exist or that it somehow makes their good actions bad or evil is silly.
Thats the decisive difference here. Your wife loves you want wants to be loved back, this alien is actively malicious and only wants to control him.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
I gotta say, I've rarely felt such dissonance between reading a manga and reading the comments as this one. With most trashy manga, its fans at least admit it's trash. This manga, however, despite being legitimately terrible (awful characters, nonsensical plot twists, boring writing that pretends to be a lot deeper than it actually is) receives almost nonstop unironic praise here. Tons of people are calling this chapter "wholesome" even though it's one of the most cliche and simultaneously lamest "tragic backstories" I've seen in fiction. Is this just the first time people here have read a manga that isn't shonen shit or isekai trash? Seriously everyone, have some standards.
Do you have any suggestions for manga that focus on romance that meet your standards then?
I actually think this manga is pretty good as of now when viewed as a parody, especially when compared to nearly every other major harem/romcon mana which I usually drop eventually because of how boring and drawn out they are for over 200 chapters or 4 seasons even if the girls are cute. I find the idea of a cute mentally ill woman who fucks your life up but can still sweet at the same time pretty interesting and only this and asperu girlfriend have this niche. Besides, romcoms are riddled with cliches and every character doesnt needs to be deep or have a golden-age arc style backstory so long as they compliment the story well which should focus on the main love interests, and I believe this manga does a reasonably well done job with it. I can easily see this manga going to shit if it draws on too long, but I dont understand why people would hate my alien wife rn.

Dex-chan lover
You're using general film mentality for a Japanese Spider-Man film.

Group Leader
Do you have any suggestions for manga that focus on romance that meet your standards then?
I actually think this manga is pretty good as of now when viewed as a parody, especially when compared to nearly every other major harem/romcon mana which I usually drop eventually because of how boring and drawn out they are for over 200 chapters or 4 seasons even if the girls are cute. I find the idea of a cute mentally ill woman who fucks your life up but can still sweet at the same time pretty interesting and only this and asperu girlfriend have this niche. Besides, romcoms are riddled with cliches and every character doesnt needs to be deep or have a golden-age arc style backstory so long as they compliment the story well which should focus on the main love interests, and I believe this manga does a reasonably well done job with it. I can easily see this manga going to shit if it draws on too long, but I dont understand why people would hate my alien wife rn.
So like, I think the premise of this manga has potential. Like in this chapter, the part where they go off for a romantic walk while we get a panel of the dead girl's corpse is genuinely funny. The problem is that the characters are all paper-thin. The yandere girl has zero personality pre-brain wipe and her only personality post-brain wipe is "is a yandere." The other dead girl similarly had no real personality post-revival beyond "ridiculously kind doormat." The two guys are completely defined by the girls they fall in love with for no real reason. The alien girl is canonically emotionless so her lack of a personality is more justifiable, but when everyone is like that it's clear the author just is not a good writer.

There are plenty of romance manga with character writing leagues better than this one but if you're specifically looking for a dark/cynical comedy with characters who have extreme personalities check out Daredemo Dakeru Kimi Ga Suki. Or, you know, just read Chainsawman, the manga this one is clearly inspired by but is a far worse version of.
You're using general film mentality for a Japanese Spider-Man film.
I adore trashy dark comedies like The Machine Girl but that movie is actually funny. This manga has maybe one funny joke a chapter max.

Dex-chan lover
I gotta say, I've rarely felt such dissonance between reading a manga and reading the comments as this one. With most trashy manga, its fans at least admit it's trash. This manga, however, despite being legitimately terrible (awful characters, nonsensical plot twists, boring writing that pretends to be a lot deeper than it actually is) receives almost nonstop unironic praise here.
With those odds, have you considered that you're in the wrong? Or-- more realistically-- there's just a difference in opinion because both parties are looking at different things and/or coming to different impressions based on what was viewed?

Tons of people are calling this chapter "wholesome" even though it's one of the most cliche and simultaneously lamest "tragic backstories" I've seen in fiction.
Why should anyone care about your particular reading history? Even if someone had a similar reading history as yours, what prevents them from liking what you consider "cliche" and "lame" and enjoying that there's more of it?

You're stating your personal impressions like they're objective observations, but if they were objective observations, there'd be no point in stating them (unless you believe everyone in approval is intentionally gaslighting everyone else). In truth, they're not objective, meaning you either accept that there's a difference in opinion or you explain why your perspective is superior in a way that others could conceivably give a shit about.

Is this just the first time people here have read a manga that isn't shonen shit or isekai trash?
...your comment was a satire. I understand, now.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
So like, I think the premise of this manga has potential. Like in this chapter, the part where they go off for a romantic walk while we get a panel of the dead girl's corpse is genuinely funny. The problem is that the characters are all paper-thin. The yandere girl has zero personality pre-brain wipe and her only personality post-brain wipe is "is a yandere." The other dead girl similarly had no real personality post-revival beyond "ridiculously kind doormat." The two guys are completely defined by the girls they fall in love with for no real reason. The alien girl is canonically emotionless so her lack of a personality is more justifiable, but when everyone is like that it's clear the author just is not a good writer.

There are plenty of romance manga with character writing leagues better than this one but if you're specifically looking for a dark/cynical comedy with characters who have extreme personalities check out Daredemo Dakeru Kimi Ga Suki. Or, you know, just read Chainsawman, the manga this one is clearly inspired by but is a far worse version of.
Was a bit turned off by the title and thought you were trolling for a moment, but read a bit of your recommendation and can see you have a preference which I cant blame you for, the art is nice, the sex scenes seem pretty well drawn, and the girl looks cute, but I have seen several main characters like that and to me they are all insufferable, but I give a point to protag at least for actually having some courage. While I too like gyarus, erotica, and am a believer of used gods, I am just not a fan of the story since neither it or the characters so far felt engaging, and the idea of someone you like sleeping with 50+ guys rubs me the wrong way and doesnt mesh well with romcoms IMO. TBF though, people were a bit too harsh on the rating due to implied NTR since it roughly shares the same rating as Rent-a-Girlfriend, and I find RaG complete garbage and fundamentally way worse than Sex With Anyone (also dont think most people rate things correctly on this site in general but whatever). But yeah, other than that I dont see how its dark and cynical when it seems like standard slice of life romcom just with a slutty gyaru. I have read chainsawman too, and they are not even remotely close aside from a toxic relationship, pace, and shock-factor, but one has demons and is a battle-manga with a decent size cast dark absurdist humor, the other has aliens and is a romcom parody with some dark, dry humor that has a number of characters I can count with one hand.

I think Alien Secret's cast were all written to be more grounded generally since I can relate to Best-friend and protag's personality more than I wanna, all to tell a story of how much a girl and bad luck (maybe) can screw up a guys life. Protag feels like he is bad because he feels obligated to be a good person and help out others in spite of actually being a good person in my interpretation, course I dont find protag's backstory that grande or thrilling compared to others stories, but I do it does justify why he is the way he is and why he would help an alien, and will most likely help her destroy humanity. BF was suffering from depression after the girl he tried hard to get to look his way disappeared with no-one really caring since everyone knew she was a no-good whore, but ignored it and later finding out that he actually didn't really care for her all that much (that feeling hits hard for me personally) after pushing his only best friend away, while also feeling guilty for pushing his mother into suicide before doing it himself. VP girl might've seem normal or a blank slate, maybe there was a bit more under the hood (I do think there was probably) pre-mindwipe and we're left to guess what might be implied while nothing stops her intrusive thoughts from winning and we just didnt have it shown due to the fast pace. Might be a missed opportunity, but I personally don't think it would be necessary since she doesn't show up all that much, and her personality was wiped to be a one-note yandere since she does have brain-damage from the half-baked Neuralyzer. For Gyaru girl though its pretty simple, she isnt gyaru girl or even entirely human, she is just a clone with her memories made to fill in the gyaru's shoes, and for all we know she might pop back up because of her regeneration and dispose of VP's body so to me it makes.

I have read the author's previous work, the one with the delinquent yankee, and liked that one but it turned into a mess at some point late in the story IIRC so I am cautious about this one, but I like the cast here and story here more so I am hopeful. Think you are still trolling cause of recommendations, but thanks for getting me into something.
Also, fuck you, kuuderes are a thing and they are objectively the best kind of girls out there.

Dex-chan lover
The fuck kind of psychological egoism tangent is this? Of course everyone tries to gain something out of a relationship but acting like true empathy and compassion(the one thing humans absolutely excel at) doesn't exist or that it somehow makes their good actions bad or evil is silly.
Thats the decisive difference here. Your wife loves you want wants to be loved back, this alien is actively malicious and only wants to control him.
I'm not saying it's evil, I'm saying it's logical. Emotions and empathy also have their rhyme and reason, they aren't simply there because. As long as he understands what he's getting into and what she wants from him, it's fine for him to go in and expect to get what he wants in return. They might not both want the same thing, affection, but that doesn't matter. Rather, there's lots of kinds of love and I'm not even sure what kind he wants from her or if that's even love. So far, he's been more about validation, which is even easier.

Group Leader
With those odds, have you considered that you're in the wrong? Or-- more realistically-- there's just a difference in opinion because both parties are looking at different things and/or coming to different impressions based on what was viewed?
The characters all being paper-thin ciphers with zero personality isn't an opinion, that's an objective fact. What's an opinion is whether or not you personally like the paper-thin ciphers. Personally I think liking paper-thin ciphers is a sign of shit taste.

While I too like gyarus, erotica, and am a believer of used gods, I am just not a fan of the story since neither it or the characters so far felt engaging, and the idea of someone you like sleeping with 50+ guys rubs me the wrong way and doesnt mesh well with romcoms IMO.
First, please don't use the term "used goods" unironically. Second, whether or not you personally like the characters, they are all far more complex objectively than the characters in this manga.
But yeah, other than that I dont see how its dark and cynical when it seems like standard slice of life romcom just with a slutty gyaru.
I mean there aren't random deaths like in this manga (thank god) but it's certainly a relatively cynical take on the romcom premise, especially if you read more of it.
I have read chainsawman too, and they are not even remotely close aside from a toxic relationship, pace, and shock-factor, but one has demons and is a battle-manga with a decent size cast dark absurdist humor, the other has aliens and is a romcom parody with some dark, dry humor that has a number of characters I can count with one hand.
"They're not even remotely close aside from lists several extremely specific qualities they both share." Sure one is a battle manga while the other is...well, I guess you could call this manga a romcom. But this manga uses (or tries to use) "dark absurdist humor" too. That one has demons and the other has aliens is an irrelevant difference to me, and the difference in cast size is mainly due to the difference in chapter count.
I think Alien Secret's cast were all written to be more grounded generally since I can relate to Best-friend and protag's personality more than I wanna, all to tell a story of how much a girl and bad luck (maybe) can screw up a guys life. Protag feels like he is bad because he feels obligated to be a good person and help out others in spite of actually being a good person in my interpretation, course I dont find protag's backstory that grande or thrilling compared to others stories, but I do it does justify why he is the way he is and why he would help an alien, and will most likely help her destroy humanity. BF was suffering from depression after the girl he tried hard to get to look his way disappeared with no-one really caring since everyone knew she was a no-good whore, but ignored it and later finding out that he actually didn't really care for her all that much (that feeling hits hard for me personally) after pushing his only best friend away, while also feeling guilty for pushing his mother into suicide before doing it himself. VP girl might've seem normal or a blank slate, maybe there was a bit more under the hood (I do think there was probably) pre-mindwipe and we're left to guess what might be implied while nothing stops her intrusive thoughts from winning and we just didnt have it shown due to the fast pace. Might be a missed opportunity, but I personally don't think it would be necessary since she doesn't show up all that much, and her personality was wiped to be a one-note yandere since she does have brain-damage from the half-baked Neuralyzer. For Gyaru girl though its pretty simple, she isnt gyaru girl or even entirely human, she is just a clone with her memories made to fill in the gyaru's shoes, and for all we know she might pop back up because of her regeneration and dispose of VP's body so to me it makes.
For the female characters, you're basically agreeing with me that they're all paper-thin ciphers and just justifying why that makes sense in-story, so I won't address them.

I do think the protagonist is the closest the manga gets to an interesting character (aside from pre-death Karagaki but she was there for only one chapter), but he feels to me more like a theoretically interesting idea than a real person with a personality. A huge sign of this is in how the fact that he only sees everyone else as shadows had to be pointed out by another character in expository dialogue; pretty much everything about him has to be described to the reader explicitly in dialogue because the author cannot establish him through the character's actual actions. As a result his actual actions are basically "is generically helpful and otherwise is mostly emotionless," just like every other blank personality-less audience self-insert male MC in romcoms. Maybe he'll actually do something interesting in future chapters, but I have zero faith in the author anymore.

Similarly to the protagonist, the friend goes through a theoretically interesting character arc but it's not executed in a way to actually show who he is as a person. We never learn how or why he became so attached to Karagaki, and thus the moment when he realized he didn't actually care about her failed to resonate with me. His mother committing suicide also has little impact because we (iirc) don't even see his mother before her death; we have literally no idea what his relationship with her was like. As a result, like the protagonist, he's a personalityless cipher who I guess is compelling to people like you who can self-insert into him, but in and of himself he is very boring.

Please don't use terms like "no-good whore."
I have read the author's previous work, the one with the delinquent yankee, and liked that one but it turned into a mess at some point late in the story IIRC so I am cautious about this one, but I like the cast here and story here more so I am hopeful. Think you are still trolling cause of recommendations, but thanks for getting me into something.
Also, fuck you, kuuderes are a thing and they are objectively the best kind of girls out there.
Not trolling, but I admit my knowledge of het romcoms is a lot more limited than my knowledge of yuri romcoms. If your'e up for a yuri manhwa that's sort of similar to this manga -- dark humor with a yandere character and a tone that moves between irreverence and seriousness, but is far better because its characters are far more compelling and its plot twists actually make sense, I cannot recommend I Love Amy highly enough.

I like kuuderes as much as the next guy, but the appeal of a kuudere is in the contrast between their stolid demeanor and their rich inner life. The alien girl here has no inner life. She might as well be a computer program frankly.

It's something sweet that leaves a bad flavor. They're gonna wreck humanity now huh

Dex-chan lover
The characters all being paper-thin ciphers with zero personality isn't an opinion, that's an objective fact. What's an opinion is whether or not you personally like the paper-thin ciphers. Personally I think liking paper-thin ciphers is a sign of shit taste.
You've got extremely good reasons to dislike this manga, but I think those reasons are rooted in you thinking the manga is something it isn't.

See, this point about characters. That the alien and the main character don't have much depth and we never spend much time with people to get things about them is kinda the point. Cause the story isn't about developing and exploring characters and their relationships, the story is about an alien using a broken kid in an awful scenario and the whole thing's tragic outcome.

You're looking at this as a romance gone wrong, when its not. Its a tragedy. The tragic notes are delivered with a bluntness that can make it funny, and the vehicle is a romcom gone wrong, but it works in a different manner than a romance. Instead of the point being to learn about the characters, watch them interact, and have them influence each others growth, it's about how the flaw they're built around leads to their downfall.

The Class Rep(dude never got a name in case you doubt the intentionality here) says so from the beginning; that his bad personality who will help anyone because he just wants to be praised will get him in trouble. It does. It gets everyone in trouble and it kills everyone around him. It's going to get him killed, too. The Alien's lack of care and understanding of humans has led to her making a total mess of things when she's supposed to be there undercover to learn how to destroy humanity. She thinks she has an answer, but she 1: has discovered the most basic thing ever, 2: left a massive trail for the earth governments to follow and figure out what her deal was and 3: is probably gon' die.

So yeah, this isn't a good romance manga. It's not supposed to be.

Users who are viewing this thread