Shouwaru Tensai Osananajimi to no Shoubu ni Makete Hatsutaiken o Zenbu Ubawareru Hanashi - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
thanks for picking this up!

I'm torn about this... on one hand, I fucking love "childhood friends" trope, but on the other hand, I've never been a fan of these "rivals to lovers", "games/challenges that are actually just sexual harassments" things and characters who are "perfect" or act holier than thou...

I probably will put this off for now and wait until it has more chapters.

Edit: so, I looked for the novel that this is adapted from, and it's completed with 33 chapter + 1 epilogue on here: https://kakuyomu.jp/works/16817139557519509664

and dear good lord this thing is just toxic relationship: 101. Long story short this is the classic "bully someone you like so that they will get mad at you" taken to the max.

I will leave a quick spoiler of the entire novel below, for anyone who might want or need it. I read it with MTL so I might get something wrong or forget some details btw.

Plot summary: So the "perfect" Komaki is in love with Wakaba, ever since who-knows-when. In junior high, Wabaka had a crush on a Senpai, and Komaki decided to "steal"/date that Senpai so that Wakaba will hate her (basically Komaki's logic was: if Wakaba won't like/love me romantically, I will make her hate/resent me so that she will remember me for the rest of her life). (Komaki quickly broke up with/discarded the Senpai tho. Poor Senpai, being hurt for no reason.)

Wakaba was rightfully confused and hurt, and hated Komaki so she decided to challenge her and lost so she lost her dignity to Komaki. Since then she continuously challenged Komaki to regain her dignity (but she never wins because why would she ever win, she needs to lose so that we can have all the sexual harassments duh!).

Then Komaki confessed that she actually likes Wakaba, so Wakaba was even more confused. And then after some soul-searching chapters she thinks she like Komaki too so she agrees to dating her and that's the end.

----------------------
Now, the thing is, Komaki's action alone makes this toxic relationship: 101, but there's more! The really toxic part of this is how the author basically just forces Wakaba to like Komaki. From around chapter 28 to 32, Wakaba was doing a lot of thinking about how her relationship with Komaki. And here's what she constantly thought:

"If I suddenly can't see Komaki tomorrow, maybe I'll be fine. Komaki will always be in my heart, but I don't think it's that I don't want to be separated.
It's okay to be next to you, but it's okay not to be next to you. I think that's what Komaki is like to me.
After all, I don't think it's possible to like her in a romantic sense. But I couldn't share my feelings for Komaki and Rin together. If you ask me what the hell it is, I can only say that I don't know.
" - chapter 31

"Even I don't know why I came to like Komaki. I just wanted to be with her for a long time, and before I knew it, I wanted to see her smile and want her to be happy.
...., but I don't think it's the same as the liking that Komaki has towards me.
" - chapter 31

"Even if you kiss or do more than that, there is no resistance anymore. But I didn't think we could be lovers." - chapter 32

And somehow, despite thinking all that, in chapter 33 Wakaba agreed to date Komaki?????? Like, it could be that the MTL fucked things up and I'm not understanding the story fully, but from what I understand, Wakaba just regards Komaki as a close friend whom she really likes, but it's not romantical love!!! I was rooting so fucking hard for Wakaba to not end up with Komaki because that whole relationship is a red flag, but fuck me I guess.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
that boy flashback better just a red herring and for the jealous only :shamihuh:

Dex-chan lover
thanks for picking this up!

I'm torn about this... on one hand, I fucking love "childhood friends" trope, but on the other hand, I've never been a fan of these "rivals to lovers", "games/challenges that are actually just sexual harassments" things and characters who are "perfect" or act holier than thou...

I probably will put this off for now and wait until it has more chapters.
yap! i fell EXACTLY THE SAME! tho i don’t think i can ever wait for more chapters >.> it got me too good, stories like this depends how far the absurd retarded shit the character put out! if it’s too much i drop it like shit

Dex-chan lover
This translation is not 100% accurate. if there is a wrong translation, please correct it and I will edit it. I did everything by myself, so please help
Thank you for the work but maybe create some discord or Facebook group where people can reach out and help with the translation or any other stuff. Not sure why link to raw hasn't been updated on the title page.
https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000259/
Try to rip from here, although I'm not sure if it's easy or complex as I'm on my phone right now.

Dex-chan lover
So the boy flashback. Did she just stand there with him to make her jealous or did she actually do something with the boy (kiss/sex)?

Dex-chan lover
yap! i fell EXACTLY THE SAME! tho i don’t think i can ever wait for more chapters >.> it got me too good, stories like this depends how far the absurd retarded shit the character put out! if it’s too much i drop it like shit
I just wrote a spoiler of the novel if you want to know how the story goes.

Users who are viewing this thread