Shouwaru Tensai Osananajimi to no Shoubu ni Makete Hatsutaiken o Zenbu Ubawareru Hanashi - Ch. 3

Contributor
Just forget about that cringey group, you know we love you. On another note, a new challenger approaches!

Dex-chan lover
Whoaaa, busted :meguupog: as long as this new girl doesn't end up as a new romance interest/subplot-- kinda tired of the "literally every character is gay" trope

N19lQQd.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Let me guess, the incident was something like: Wakaba liked that random guy and Komari didnt like that, so she decided to fake a confession with him infront of Wakabe or something…

Just hope she didnt actually do anything with the guy afterwards…
Or maybe the senpai confessed to Umezono.. and umezono is happy knowing wakaba is watching them :fml:

Dex-chan lover
Or maybe the senpai confessed to Umezono.. and umezono is happy knowing wakaba is watching them :fml:
Well with how she is acting so far this series, I think my guess has a higher chance of being the right one🤣

N2O

Dex-chan lover
you are reading a yuri manga this is literally what you can expect i know u said u are tired from this trope but you will be seeing a girl liking another girl bc this is a Yuri manga

..yeah I'm not talking about the main couple, I'm talking about the new character :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
..yeah I'm not talking about the main couple, I'm talking about the new character :nyoron:
Lesbian stories will be filled with lesbians. Lesbians are usually the target audience (and certainly the group that built the genre) and expect to see a lesbian cast and generally prefer for secondary romances to also be lesbian (or generally gay) and for straight romances to be deemphasized. This is just how the genre works because of the target audience.

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Lesbian stories will be filled with lesbians. Lesbians are usually the target audience (and certainly the group that built the genre) and expect to see a lesbian cast and generally prefer for secondary romances to also be lesbian (or generally gay) and for straight romances to be deemphasized. This is just how the genre works because of the target audience.
I don't understand how I could have come off so wrong, all I said was that I prefer stories where gay people are rare like in irl, do I really deserve being talked down to like I'm brain dead? Sorry for having a preference in the genre I guess?

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand how I could have come off so wrong, all I said was that I prefer stories where gay people are rare like in irl, do I really deserve being talked down to like I'm brain dead? Sorry for having a preference in the genre I guess?
If that's your preference, then, like, read a different genre, we guess? Because that's not the way this genre looks like. It's not how real lesbians work, either. We all tend to group up with other lesbians so that our social circles end up having the exact sort of homonormativity you're complaining about.

Dex-chan lover
Yuri stories have (almost) always had bad, real-world building in them, so that's nothing new.
I don't see why you're commenting on someone else's comment instead of about the story... the guy just expressed his opinion about the story, so stop being a dick (or a vagina, idk, whatever floats your boat).

I personally switched off my few brain cells the moment I read the synopsis, 'cause what else can you expect from this ¯\(ツ)

Dex-chan lover
Yuri stories have (almost) always had bad, real-world building in them, so that's nothing new.
I don't see why you're commenting on someone else's comment instead of about the story... the guy just expressed his opinion about the story, so stop being a dick (or a vagina, idk, whatever floats your boat).

I personally switched off my few brain cells the moment I read the synopsis, 'cause what else can you expect from this ¯\(ツ)

"Every character is gay" => "Bad real world building"

While it's commonplace to mock any story that features more than one gay person as "unrealistic", that is not an "opinion about the story", but an expression of political values.

In the case of yuri, this is of course an even more stupid thing to act smart about. Yeah, in something with a shitton of characters like Virgins Empire the jokes are warranted, but in this specific story? If you can't conceive of 3 (three!) lesbians in the same school knowing each other as plausible, maybe you should try turning those brain cells back on.

Dex-chan lover
If you can't conceive of 3 (three!) lesbians in the same school knowing each other as plausible, maybe you should try turning those brain cells back on.
It's also, like, a thing for lesbians to form friend groups with other queer people, even before figuring out our own lesbianism, because we just tend to relate to others more similarly to other queer people than to cishet people and, in many cases, cishet people can just tell that something is going on with our gender/sexuality and we end up sidelined in cishet groups.

So, when there are multiple lesbians at one school, something that's hardly uncommon, they tend to all know each other and be friends with each other even before any of them figure our they're gay.

Supporter
What gave you the Idea, that gay people are rare.
around 6,4% of all people are gay ore bi, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention 2011. But this is only about the people that did accept themself and are out. So, it would be better to assume at least a bit higher number. Around 10 %.

10 % is 10 out of 100 or 1 out of 10. Which would be in a class of 30 students 3 gay.
Even if you just would say that the 6,8 is absolute, this would mean that out of 30 students there are 2 gay.
So, 2 gays in every class in school.
Yes, "rare" ...

So, if you really think, that 10% of the population is rare, then I really do not know.

BTW, this means, that mosts stories, with 2 gays in one classroom are totally realistic. So, there you have your irl.

Well, and yes, you deserve to be talked down because of ignorance. First ignorant of gay people and second because you push your preferences on us. You are free to read other genres instead of GL. There you might stumble a little bit lesser upon gay love and it might seem a bit more "realistic" to you. But as long as you read gay literature you do not have the right to complain, that it is about - hence the name - gay people.
It is like buying an apple pie and complaining about the apples.

Dex-chan lover
But this is only about the people that did accept themself and are out. So, it would be better to assume at least a bit higher number. Around 10 %.
Even 10% is probably an underestimation. Gen Z is the most queer accepting generation (at least in the US) and (at least in the US), when looking at Gen Z exclusively, nearly 30% are openly gay in some way, and, again, this is not counting any who haven't come to terms with it.

Older generations and some other countries have much lower numbers, both because they grew up in environments that are less conducive to figuring that out and many older generations experienced mass deaths of queer people from things like the AIDS epidemic.

In a class of 30, it's reasonable for 8-9 to be gay or bi, using the figures of openly gay gen Zers, and likely even more than that.

But, really, even that's not quite true. There aren't half bad odds for 12 of those 30 or 5 of those 30 to be gay or bisexual. So it's fairly reasonable with about a 30% chance for nearly half of a class of 30 to be gay or bisexual. The odds don't drop below 1% until you actually reach half of the class being gay or, in the other direction, 2 of the class of 30 being gay.

The odds that at least 3 in a class of 30 is more than 99%.

Users who are viewing this thread