Shouwaru Tensai Osananajimi to no Shoubu ni Makete Hatsutaiken o Zenbu Ubawareru Hanashi - Ch. 3

Supporter
Even 10% is probably an underestimation. Gen Z is the most queer accepting generation (at least in the US) and (at least in the US), when looking at Gen Z exclusively, nearly 30% are openly gay in some way, and, again, this is not counting any who haven't come to terms with it.

Older generations and some other countries have much lower numbers, both because they grew up in environments that are less conducive to figuring that out and many older generations experienced mass deaths of queer people from things like the AIDS epidemic.

In a class of 30, it's reasonable for 8-9 to be gay or bi, using the figures of openly gay gen Zers, and likely even more than that.

But, really, even that's not quite true. There aren't half bad odds for 12 of those 30 or 5 of those 30 to be gay or bisexual. So it's fairly reasonable with about a 30% chance for nearly half of a class of 30 to be gay or bisexual. The odds don't drop below 1% until you actually reach half of the class being gay or, in the other direction, 2 of the class of 30 being gay.

The odds that at least 3 in a class of 30 is more than 99%.
I just wanted to be on the safe side with my statements. But you are right. Also, compared to Germany the USA is stil on the oppressive side.
In Germany over 30% of the Gen Z define themself as LGBT+ and in Spain its over 50%. Well, we do not want to speak about Hungaria, so everyone can see, that the lesser the oppression against LGBT and the younger the people, the lesser the fear to accept one's own sexuality and to tell the world about oneself 's sexuality.

I wanted to avoid discussion over exaggerated numbers.

By the way, I messed a little with the numbers, but even then, it is 1-2 gay in a classroom of 30. So, my original statement still holds true.

Fed-Kun's army
I hope to god this story isn't about to turn into a love triangle so soon, yuri stories need to stop with that godawful trope.

C-c-combo! In a small moment of human imperfection (an untied shoe) she pierces her defense with a kiss bringing Ms.Perfect a second of hope (reciprocated feelings?!) and then a passionate confession "I hate you" followed up with a repeat of the phrase and a downgrade back to her last name before ditching her in the mall.

Absolutely perfect, can't wait for Ms.Perfect to start rethinking her approach.

Dex-chan lover
you are reading a yuri manga this is literally what you can expect i know u said u are tired from this trope but you will be seeing a girl liking another girl bc this is a Yuri manga
I'd like to offer a different perspective - when you make a "Yuriverse" so to speak, it's like you strip what makes a queer character queer away from them entirely, including all of the relatability that is derived from how society treats and raises queer people.

Irl, this dynamic would likely be because comphet or some other factor prevents one or both of these girls from realizing their feelings are romantic - because we aren't raised believing romantic feelings can be directed at anything but men. Especially intense rivalries/friendships and the lines that blurs when other girls are a romantic/sexual option for you . But when it's literally nothing but Yuri, all of that real life connection and relatability disappears, almost turning love between women into some fantasy setting versus the real sexuality it is, and the very real struggles that come with it and shape how we navigate our lives.

Dex-chan lover
I'd like to offer a different perspective - when you make a "Yuriverse" so to speak, it's like you strip what makes a queer character queer away from them entirely, including all of the relatability that is derived from how society treats and raises queer people.
we get it that there's a lot of value in queer stories set in worlds where it's a rarity, but, like, a lot of queer stories are queer people imagining worlds where being like us isn't an outlier.

and, anyway, the fact of the matter is that, despite it being atypical, because queer people tend to form social groups with other queer people, queer social groups already look like this. sure, there's a wider world where heteronormativity reigns, but in many yuri stories like this, that wider world is also made clear to exist and the queerness of all the characters is a function of their social group, not of society, something which is normal.

Users who are viewing this thread