A Second Goodbye To You. - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - From now on too.

It's a bummer they didn't show grown-up versions of Hinata and Sora from this timeline, that would've been interesting to see. Ah well, I'm glad everyone got a happy ending at least.

Thank you for the translations, despite the rushed ending it was a fun ride all the way through!

Aggregator gang
Such a nice ending even if it feels rushed. I personally like the full circle moment with Hakuraku-sensei being full of hope, and then got interviewed by Kizuki-san. It's just too wholesome.

It had a strong opening and so much potential, too bad it got really rushed in the end. Cancelled or not, sad it ended this way. But still, I quite enjoyed the journey, and at least we got some closure.
Thanks for the translations until the end!!
I'm not sure if it was axed or not, I think sales were decent? Pacing was a bit fucked, but the manga was always kinda fast and after the Sora's culprit you could see the ending approaching. The author is good at keeping things entertaining with the crazy pacing but the actual plotting is a bit eeeh.

I don't assume it could have gone for more than another volume either way, I think it felt unsatisfying because ch19 is a bit of a deus ex machina but once Hinata went back to being a toddler he sorta wrote himself into a corner I guess?

I also wished it could have showed them as adults, even if I understand why he went back to high school (since he never got to do it properly with Sora). The fact they showed the true meaning of the painting instead of leaving it hanged makes me think it's the ending the author wanted.

Double-page supporter
Eventhough it's complete, my insecure self can't help but thinking all of these are just a false security because of how rushed the ending is.

Dex-chan lover
Damn this was bad, axed mystery mangas always hurt a little more because closure is never really given properly

Double-page supporter
Tysm for tling!! I had a nice time reading this one

Dex-chan lover
I liked it enough to finish it, but I only discovered this series a few days ago. I probably would not have been able to stand it if I had to wait months for the chapters.

It was obviously poorly paced. Almost everyone agrees on that. The author never really resolved why Shinohara, in the first time line, told Hinata to protect the painting. Yes, he may have realized the apple was blood and that Sora intended it to be a work of murder-suicide. So? That doesn't explain why he would tell Hinata to protect the painting when he just got attacked.

Anyways, it's... Okay as a story.

---

Separately, I do wish that the title were changed on this website. There is an English title that is fully official. There's no real reason to keep the title in Romaji other than for some weird fetishization in that kind of thing. Romaji isn't even used in Japan as a day-to-day writing system. Just translate it to "A Second Goodbye to You" as is the literal official English title.

lfb

While the story wasn't as strong as I had hoped, it was still an amusing read. Thank you for translating!

Fed-Kun's army
Binged in one evening and I agree with the previous comments about how this felt so rushed, especially
just conveniently waking up in front of the burning house?
I could see how the author might have thought about making a twist where
Hakuraku burned his own house and parents and it would be a longer battle between him and Hinata just
like in Erased, but probably got chopped by the editors or sales numbers.
It's still a good read and a good sci-fi whodunnit. Looking forward to more of this author's manga.

Users who are viewing this thread