Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Tsumiki-san is a Werewolf

Group Leader
Hey all, as mentioned before, we're rescanning chapters 1-8! We're doing this cause we wanted consistent release quality from beginning to end, and there were some translation errors that we wanted to correct.

Massive thanks to @stupid_chris & @mike_leehk from Sho Habby Scans and Church of Potteto for volunteering their help and doing better than I ever could. Hope you enjoy!

Group Leader
So happy to be re-doing these earlier chapters! I want people to appreciate just how much freaking work this was, since this is FOUR times the length of a normal chapter (and next chapter is 2x). Which is why we partnered with the amazing fluff lovers at Sho Habby and Church of Potetto, since RD and TS are so much work. Our normal RD and TS (SheepGirl, AnOddName, maibi) are still working on chap 20.

If you read this before (thanks BonelessSushi, we would not have even known about this without you) I think you will find it worthwhile to read again because the TL picks up some stuff that was missed, and I think our RD and TS is pretty damn amazing.

TL note on page 56-57: 'You can boil me or bake me' is an ancient Japanese idiom for 'I'm willing to take any punishment you will give me for this offense'. It's a little awkward, but left it in because the joke on p57 doesn't work without it, and I suspect a lot of Japanese readers don't know what it means either.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Hey all, as mentioned before, we're rescanning chapters 1-8! We're doing this cause we wanted consistent release quality from beginning to end, and there were some translation errors that we wanted to correct.

Massive thanks to @stupid_chris & @mike_leehk from Sho Habby Scans and Church of Potteto for volunteering their help and doing better than I ever could. Hope you enjoy!
if you hid an april fools thing you did an amazing job i couldnt find it in here props

Dex-chan lover
So happy to be re-doing these earlier chapters! I want people to appreciate just how much freaking work this was, since this is FOUR times the length of a normal chapter (and next chapter is 2x). Which is why we partnered with the amazing fluff lovers at Sho Habby and Church of Potetto, since RD and TS are so much work. Our normal RD and TS (SheepGirl, AnOddName, maibi) are still working on chap 20.

If you read this before (thanks BonelessSushi, we would not have even known about this without you) I think you will find it worthwhile to read again because the TL picks up some stuff that was missed, and I think our RD and TS is pretty damn amazing.

TL note on page 56-57: 'You can boil me or bake me' is an ancient Japanese phrase about how 'I'm willing to take any punishment you will give me for this offense'. It's a little awkward, but left it in because the joke on p57 doesn't work without it, and I suspect a lot of Japanese readers don't know what it means either.
the emergency tsumiki committee does excellent work; for free. you don’t have to go back and retranslate, so this is very much highly valued as you guys again are doing this for free. thanks, and thanks for the insight: adds a lot to the experience.

Group Leader
just skip chapter 3 :meguusmug:
The author actually added an extra caption to That Page to explicitly say that this was just Yutaka's imagination. Which was obvious before if you were paying attention but not obvious enough?

And I honestly hope all the incredibly fragile people who think it's NTR if the MC has a father because it means the MC's father had sex with the MC's mother - and only the MC should have sex with his mother - are gone by now and we can get through chap 3 in the spirit of 'there needs to be some character development'.

As much as we love to torment him, for the 'bad guy' of a series Senga is pretty sympathetic.

Dex-chan lover
I actually think the other version is a bit clearer around the howling, that it's specifically being surprised by a picture of the full moon that makes her howl. I feel with this translation, it's maybe a bit ambiguous whether it was the moon, or just surprises in general.

Dex-chan lover
The author actually added an extra caption to That Page to explicitly say that this was just Yutaka's imagination. Which was obvious before if you were paying attention but not obvious enough?

And I honestly hope all the incredibly fragile people who think it's NTR if the MC has a father because it means the MC's father had sex with the MC's mother - and only the MC should have sex with his mother - are gone by now and we can get through chap 3 in the spirit of 'there needs to be some character development'.

As much as we love to torment him, for the 'bad guy' of a series Senga is pretty sympathetic.
I know, Yukata just imagines it
she is expressionless during it

Group Leader
I actually think the other version is a bit clearer around the howling, that it's specifically being surprised by a picture of the full moon that makes her howl. I feel with this translation, it's maybe a bit ambiguous whether it was the moon, or just surprises in general.
That's a decent point. But literally she does just say 'If you surprise me... then I'll howl!' You're just supposed to realize it's about the full moon.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I skimmed this chapter expecting some april fool's meme reason to re-TL chapter 1, till I realized that this group didn't do the first few chapters so this was just a legitimate clean-up. Whoops.

Group Leader
Yeah, it's unfortunate that this came out at the worst time of year but there is not a single April Fool joke in here. It's 60+ pages, as much work as 4 normal chapters just because we love Tsumiki. And of course Potteto and Habby are awesome, sho habby to be working with them.

I'm not saying the translation is wrong (especially since I have no idea what the original says) but the lines "People but not people" really comes across as wrong. Maybe it's because I've already read all the existing chapters so I have attachments to the characters or because I just inherently see non-human species as "people" but it just comes off as...racist (I don't have a better word to describe it.)?

Dex-chan lover
you guys are insane in the best way, Tsumiki fans are blessed because of u beautiful people

Users who are viewing this thread