Gal ni Yasashii Otaku-kun - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
This is the ideal female fantasy. You may hate to see it but this is what peak performance looks like. The trope is "Gals who are kind to Otaku" The title is literally the other way around. He's the dream. He's the one she tells you not to worry about, but you should worry. You should always worry.

Dex-chan lover
This gives me a idea hear me out what if we have a gal turn into a quiet girl. I dont know about you but I really like quiet girls. Also if it already exists please S E N D it

Double-page supporter
I keep saying it when I read a new chapter, but I love this MC-kun! Such a fresh mindset and his op skills make him even more enjoyable for me~
thanks for the translation, can't wait for the next.
....seriously, I can't wait 😵‍💫

Dex-chan lover
I seriously doubt if this guy is really an otaku. His spec is just keep getting higher and higher. And what baffled me is how he just casually hide his skill without him realizing and just suddenly show it because he got new friends.

Dex-chan lover
It's interesting he used an alcoholic beverage in the snack he made. Legal drinking age in Japan is 20. While I have no doubt many high school age school kids in Japan get their hands on beer, cider, sake, and whatnot (just like high school delinquents are always smoking in manga), it's more intriguing a seemingly harmless manga like this will present it offhandedly.

Dex-chan lover
I think even the manga's self-aware on how he can do anything and is ripped and still somehow "otaku".

It's interesting he used an alcoholic beverage in the snack he made. Legal drinking age in Japan is 20. While I have no doubt many high school age school kids in Japan get their hands on beer, cider, sake, and whatnot (just like high school delinquents are always smoking in manga), it's more intriguing a seemingly harmless manga like this will present it offhandedly.
Yeah, no. He's not talking about American Ciders, or alcoholic Ciders whatsoever. Ciders (サイダー) in Japanese is literally soda, or a carbonated drink. So, no he's not an alcoholic or is presenting offhanded alcoholism. I too, at first after reading your comment was confused, but after a bit of thought, I realized it might have been a translation error, which I do believe it is, and looked up what "cider" was in Japanese. Which is completely different from American/English ciders. Hope this was informative and dispelled some thoughts about this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, no. He's not talking about American Ciders, or alcoholic Ciders whatsoever. Ciders (サイダー) in Japanese is literally soda, or a carbonated drink. So, no he's not an alcoholic or is presenting offhanded alcoholism. I too, at first after reading your comment was confused, but after a bit of thought, I realized it might have been a translation error, which I do believe it is, and looked up what "cider" was in Japanese. Which is completely different from American/English ciders. Hope this was informative and dispelled some thoughts about this manga.
That certainly would make sense. It's quite mysterious, though, because the Japanese take their booze extremely seriously. For example, Japanese whisky is recognised worldwide, which reveals they put a lot of work into it over the decades. So, carbonated apple juice suddenly being labeled cider doesn't seem to fit the image. Of course non-alcoholic cider does exist for the one with a driving duty, just like non-alcoholic beer, but that's kind of a niche category for a specific purpose, and generally speaking nobody's going to thank you if you bring them a non-alcoholic version when they were expecting a normal one.

IMG_4320.PNG
That certainly would make sense. It's quite mysterious, though, because the Japanese take their booze extremely seriously. For example, Japanese whisky is recognised worldwide, which reveals they put a lot of work into it over the decades. So, carbonated apple juice suddenly being labeled cider doesn't seem to fit the image. Of course non-alcoholic cider does exist for the one with a driving duty, just like non-alcoholic beer, but that's kind of a niche category for a specific purpose, and generally speaking nobody's going to thank you if you bring them a non-alcoholic version when they were expecting a normal one.
Completely understandable. I think one time I had accidentally drank some alcoholic cider, thinking it was one of those non-alcoholic apple ciders, and almost got drunk from that. However, it's only in this case, they're not talking about anything alcoholic at all. I really do feel like using "cider" as the English translation was a mistake. I think literally translating "saida–" as "cider" wasn't the proper TL, and instead should've used soda, as the background images also show different kinds of sodas in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread