Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Ch. 71 - Festering Resentment (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
A weak and sick man encouraged to his horrible desires by his overbearing and controlling mother... the most impressive thing from this is how normal the current emperor is.

His mother(the current emperor) is a woman of fine character to have been not only able to educate her son right but to have been able to stay... healthy after what he(the late emperor) made her deal with.

Dex-chan lover
Some of those forced suicide traditions are just weird, and not just because they treat people as objects.

How so?

Romans did it because it was a mark of respect since the other option was execution, it also bypassed the law were property would be confiscated by the government if they were sentenced to death.

If you mean Sati that is still very debatable if they were forced or voluntary, since this is being written by Japanese we have Seppuku were we would have to go about their honor system of the Samurai class, not expected for others to follow it until we go about Imperial Japan of WWII but this is a complex unique situation and not something that was expected before it.

And now China, its similar to Rome (and Greece) were it was pretty much a type of death sentence for the aristocracy or a replacement, its not a "kill yourself now" because someone felt like it but rather a punishment applied to a social class that they wouldnt want to treat as "common citizens", demotion was clearly a punishment (such as Cao Cao family).

Now, you might be thinking of Lady Abahai that was apparently forced to commit suicide by Emperor Hong Taiji in order to block the possible succession of his younger brother, thing is ... either way your dead, its not forced as you can simply not go over with it and then be execcted as a result.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not talking about when there's an option of suicide or execution after being judged for some crime, but when they've not done anything to deserve it, including when they can also be executed if they don't go through with it.

Yes, it happened in many places, but that doesn't make it less weird to me.

Dex-chan lover
:notlikethis:wait, she's still around?
aren't the officers looking for her? or at the very least Jinshi agents.
either a lot of peoples are bad at their job or she's really good at being inconspicuous.
I guess she's (or he) is really good at disguise. Instead of hiding themselves, they tried to get so many attention as a handsome slave with one hand.
You won't think they're the same person. Sometimes the biggest disguise is making yourself a sore thumb.

Dex-chan lover
Here we go! The Shi Clan Rebellion is almost there.

1.The CatCat will be abducted by the Shi Sisters (Suirei and Loulan). Later, part of the plan was to abduct Meimei as well.
2. The Shi Clan declared war against the state.
3. Lakan, Luomen and the rest of the La Clan asked Jinshi for help. It was Lakan who suggested to assemble the Forbidden Army.
4. We will see Jinshi as the Moon Prince In full armor. He was the appointed commander of the Forbidden Army. We will see that China in this timeline didn't adapted firearms extensively. They are still in the 'old ways' of warfare.
5. Jinshi's face will be marred with battle scars, but at least he didn't have to hide his face anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
Imagine an entire generation of ladies who want to watch the world burn.

Fortunately or unfortunately, wealth is not concentrating in such a way that this is possible anymore. Resentment has to fester in other ways. Some smaller, some larger, some even harder to spot.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how the mangaka being charged with tax evasion will affect future releases.
I heard about that too but it was on April 1st so I wasn't sure but still wild and that fits MaoMao pretty well lol. I wonder if the manga artist got influenced by MaoMao lol. Still I thought it was resolved already so it shouldn't Impact anything I hope.

Dex-chan lover
The caravan is from India? The one lady has a bindi. It would make sense, there are a lot of travelers in India (the romantic for example are also from India originally)

Dex-chan lover
Isn't that one of the eunuchs that were former slaves that was being pestered by the maids from the previous chapter ls or am I misremembering?

Dex-chan lover
That was heavily implied during the ice cream chapter so most of us have figured it out by now even though it hasn't been officially confirmed. It's funny because their personalities are so opposite
More like...
she is a really good actress, and I would bet her Shi Sui persona is closer to her real personality.

But, daughter of royalty and royal concubine and all that... she made her little disguise for her escapes for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread