Class de 2 Banme ni Kawaii Onna no Ko to Tomodachi ni Natta - Vol. 4 Ch. 22.2 - A Long-awaited Reunion

Dex-chan lover
How did you reach that conclusion ^^;
I was just having fun with a cliché drama plot :) Like I said, I don't actually think it fits here (mainly because I don't remember his mother being portrayed as that archetype) :p
At those scenes, the most likely thought people came to is what if Maki’s father was having an affair.
Even if it’s not an affair, it’s still something uncomfortable for Maki. It would feel like him and his mother is left behind, still stuck in the divorce. Making it worse is because his father is not wrong, everyone got the right to move on with their life.
Also Maki’s mom work long hours because she wants to raise Maki on her own after the divorce. She avoids using the child care money her divorced husband still send to them.
I think the mangaka (or even author) was trying to make it obvious it was meant to be interpreted as something about cheating (potentially as a red herring), with all those cues about mc's reaction to a random coworker girl appearing and sudden flashback to a divorce that had nothing to do with anything, out of nowhere. If it was just a new post-divorce mother then mangaka wouldn't be leaning that heavily into making mc acting all (melo)dramatic about the coworker.
But as mc's flashback showed, he had absolutely no indication that the divorce had been because of such a thing. So no actual reason for him to suspect that unless he speculated wildly.

As for whether it's actually the case, or a red herring where mc erronously thinks it is, to artificially create boring drama? We won't know until story gets to addressing it.

Dex-chan lover
Another "thats what i thought at the time" cliffhanger. Cant let us end a chapter feeling good through this arc hm?

But lovin how composed Maki continues to be.

I hate that blonde girl. Quit third wheeling it's annoying af and stopping all progress

This so much. It gets really bad when she tries to hang out with them as much as she can after the main couple is formed. She even tries to suggest that they all go to the same college, which really makes me think of her more as a homewrecker.

Supporter
I need details N O W
What do you mean, I can't believe she'll do something bad...
The most recent arc (topped off by a very controversial ??? chapter) is largely about Yuu's full realization of her feelings for Maki and her concerted but fruitless efforts to maintain a proper physical and emotional distance from him and to break away from the dependence she's formed on him. It ends with a distraught Amami throwing herself into his arms.

Aggregator gang
It's actually not that ominous at all. Nothing even close to very bad happens or has happened in the light novels yet either (5th one out on May 1st could change this but unlikely). Do not worry, fellas.
Yuu is also not a homewrecker or anything of the sort.. She simply some feelings for Maki as of the fourth light novel. I don't see her getting in between Umi and Maki either. The most I can remember her doing is touching Maki's face when he is asleep at the station after coming back from a baseball game. Umi and Maki are extremely solid, so no worries.

Supporter
It's actually not that ominous at all. Nothing even close to very bad happens or has happened in the light novels yet either (5th one out on May 1st could change this but unlikely). Do not worry, fellas.
Let's be clear here: what's coming soon is pretty rough. It's not gonna trip the "tragedy" flag or anything, but fluff it ain't. Though Maki (and, to a lesser extent, Umi) does come out the other side better and healthier for the experience.

Dex-chan lover
Next chapter be like...
c2FUCZy.png

Dex-chan lover
just curious if anyone can clue me in on this, I read the WN a bit, it's quite different from the manga at the part that I read. Is the manga adapted from a different source, like the Light novel or something?

Dex-chan lover
Someone isn't current with the WN...
I dont think I care for the ominous nature of this comment...
Also, I wanna see all the spoilers but equally really dont wanna be spoiled. Must... Exert... Willpower...

Last edited:
Supporter
I dont think I care for the ominous nature of this comment...
If you wanna stick on a positive tip, the WN is a good ten months further along the timeline than the manga. Although it's easy to see even now how the road is laid out from here to there, you can still enjoy this experience for quite some time before all that.

Users who are viewing this thread