The Ride-On King - Ch. 68 - The President and the Temple of the Gods

Dex-chan lover
It's always a blast to read a story that basically goes: "Hitler did nothing wrong", and you have to remind yourself: "No, wait, hold on, that's still Hitler". :v
(Of course the analogy doesn't really quite work here)
Solid villain backstory though.

That being said, the explanation about "why our devices function for so long?" is pretty crap, though.
Yeah? "We just made it better"? Kinda weird cop-out. It'd have made more sense to have them own a solar battery charger. Even if that wasn't a thing back then, it'd still make more sense than: "just cuz".

Dex-chan lover
That being said, the explanation about "why our devices function for so long?" is pretty crap, though.
Yeah? "We just made it better"? Kinda weird cop-out. It'd have made more sense to have them own a solar battery charger. Even if that wasn't a thing back then, it'd still make more sense than: "just cuz".

Remember that even the high elves weren't aware of the full capability of Yggdrasil, so it might be a case of unreliable narrator on them too.
They just know it become better, but they don't know how either.

Dex-chan lover
I'm amazed the author made me sympathize with the main villain and hate elves instead. I'm surprised Bega didn't instantly go after Kanya during the exorcism back then.
Well, villain is in the eyes of the beholder. In a war, each side thinks the other is the villain, and even a villain is a hero for someone including themself. It is very rare for a villain to be someone who are just plain evil and hurts with no reason, at all.

This make it so which side are you on determent who is the hero and who is the villain.

Some even consider villain as evil with a purpose. So when there is no purpose in that evil deed, it is just cruelty and will be hated by both the good and the bad

Dex-chan lover
"Around elves, watch youselves" strikes true as always.

Her anger is justified for the time being, yes, but what about now, hundreds of years later, with her ready to kill the planet to return home? She truly lost her way in her mind now that she can longer be as one with her love.

I bet she will, when eventually encountered by mr. President, try to garner sympathy. Tragedy or not, ages later, she still remains a brat that requires correction. Reminds me of that elf from Kumo desu ga.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread