Mieruko-chan - Ch. 57

Dex-chan lover
Seto is a hypocrite...all ghosts are evil blablabla...and meanwhile he uses ghosts as his spy rats.
Fuck off Mr Seto. If you mess with Miko, Team HanaxMichiru will send you to the afterlife.

Also... Where. Is. The. Godmother?

Dex-chan lover
oh thanks for the recommendation, boi 150+ chapter
i guess that'll be my whole next weekend
Enjoy. And remember, Daidai is the best.

But serious advice here, rhe story does seems weird in the beginning but I assure you, it has it charms.

Dex-chan lover
I see his henchmen but where is his gun?
Mads-Mikkelsen-Death-Stranding.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Ah! Wonderful to see. Development of the mythology of this setting is what I've been waiting for.

Dex-chan lover
They are trying real hard to make this guy look bad but...hes clearly a good guy? More so than romm?
He helps everyone out as a "facade" and his bad side is that...he exorcises ghosts? oh nooooo?
Gonna have to make him a high body count ex mafia boss or some shit to make him actually look threatening in the future.
I don't think they're trying to make him look bad. The first part of the chapter establishes him as a good guy who nature itself loves. They're contrasting his methods and approach to exorcism and how that brings him into conflict with other protagonists with his good nature.

Dex-chan lover
That is a death flag for lil bro. It is ties back to her last argument with her father. Hope lil bro will be fine.

Mr Seto is a pretty swell guy as long as you aren't a spirit. Those hat men is his familiars I guess? Seeing as unholy looking things can be familiars just as much as the holy fox thing pretty much confirms it to me that the subway ghost from earlier in the story was a familiar with how he gathered ghosts. I wonder he was Mr Seto's or he belonged to someone else.

Dex-chan lover
i think it's clearly what the author want to do with seto "i'm the judge, i'm the hammer" sorta thing while romm so far always have better judgement than anyone else.
the shrine arc prove that romm was right all along but he's too weak to do anything at the time and all other incident he accurately tell which ghost are evil which aren't, how the forest spirit are there to protect and the old man are really really dangerous.
the Station scene prob kinda want to nailed on which ideology they're standing on

the theory of the longer they stays the corrupted they are became is something i was thinking about for a while but the hospital mini-arc kinda debunk this theory.
the mother and daughter passed away early on the dad's life, so they are lingering around atleast for 20 years or so. i think some are easily corrupted if they are evil from the very first but the good people are remained intact until their business are over.
oh yeah, the bald cat lover wife also stay with him uncorrupted, i think only the shrine maiden are succumb to evil even though she's seems like a good person because the circumstance of her death are unethical at best

there's so many stuff to theorize, mieruko and kaya honestly one of fav horror that still ongoing im looking forward for their new chapter release
Yeah that's a fair point.

That's true, I forgot about those ghosts, maybe when Mr Seto finally meets Miko father we finally get some explanation on ho ghosts actually work.
I also think this next arc will finally involve Miko dad and the weird horse thing. Sure it helped Miko a lot of time but there's gotta be a reason he stayed behind in the living world. And what's the deal with that horse?
I'm curious on what the weird horse ghosts will do if Miko father is gone.
I think what's important to keep in mind is that judging based on appearances can fool you indeed, but assumedly there might be other kinds of ways to tell if a spirit is dangerous or not. Think of the little girl from this chapter, she didn't do anything when Romm interacted with her. And perhaps Romm was able to tell somehow that she wasn't dangerous.

Whether or not spirits deserve to be given a chance isn't something we've explored much yet (there have been cases of spirits that do good, but we haven't looked at it more broadly), but I'm sure that's what we'll do in this arc.
If I remember correctly so far we only saw one freaky ghost being "good", the one at the train that removed a ghost that was inside a woman, the rest of seemingly good ghosts all looked mostly human, with that ghost boy as the only one actually attacking.
I suspect that the more human a ghost looks the more they kept their humanity, so either the ghost boy was an outlier or he did look freakish too but Miko didn't notice because he was far enough.

I suspect in the long run we might get there, for now all Miko has been doing is survive, but I feel that's not sustainable in the long run, if she wants to survive she's probably will have to enter the ghost business like Romm.

Dex-chan lover
i find it funny the dad is still around. and acting like normal. But, is he aware no one actually respond to him or he know but coping and in deny ?
Wonder if Miko ever try to talk to him, she would think her dad won't hurt him, no ? he protect her few time already
He was the type of guy to talk at the TV as if the characters could hear him (also, horse man probably likes to hear the banter)

Dex-chan lover
i find it funny the dad is still around. and acting like normal. But, is he aware no one actually respond to him or he know but coping and in deny ?
Wonder if Miko ever try to talk to him, she would think her dad won't hurt him, no ? he protect her few time already
Im sure her dad knows, he obviously has a clear understanding of his death and he probably made a wish with a guardian spirit or something to protect his family

Dex-chan lover
It seems that Seto isn't technically "evil". Just not very nice to certain people. I'm guessing the seal he's talking about is the one that sealed the huge fucking monster in the mountains where the shrine was. Yknow, this cute lil' guy
vZQOYVv.png

I hope their interest in Miko isn't too negative. I have a feeling they might want to recruit her for her ability to see ghost that seems to go beyond everyone we've seen.
Fascism is the term. That man is a bad man, a fascist. Only Germans would call Hitler good man, in that sense. Yes, Stalin is also a friend of Hitler. So is Theodore Roosevelt.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that's a fair point.

That's true, I forgot about those ghosts, maybe when Mr Seto finally meets Miko father we finally get some explanation on ho ghosts actually work.

I'm curious on what the weird horse ghosts will do if Miko father is gone.

If I remember correctly so far we only saw one freaky ghost being "good", the one at the train that removed a ghost that was inside a woman, the rest of seemingly good ghosts all looked mostly human, with that ghost boy as the only one actually attacking.
I suspect that the more human a ghost looks the more they kept their humanity, so either the ghost boy was an outlier or he did look freakish too but Miko didn't notice because he was far enough.

I suspect in the long run we might get there, for now all Miko has been doing is survive, but I feel that's not sustainable in the long run, if she wants to survive she's probably will have to enter the ghost business like Romm.
I think the horse thing is same as the weird Man in Black things. Malevolent spirits that helps human or ghost with something in exchange for something. Kinda like the shrine miko spirits that helped Miko three times. Just stronger. Question is, what did Miko dad offer as exchange for protecting his house? This arc will answer that and may even shed more light regarding Miko family history. In Asian culture, it's often said that the ability to see ghost are descended from generations. Perhaps her father already knew this was gonna happen to either Miko or her brother and decided to stay to help? Man I'm excited for this arc

Dex-chan lover
I think the horse thing is same as the weird Man in Black things. Malevolent spirits that helps human or ghost with something in exchange for something. Kinda like the shrine miko spirits that helped Miko three times. Just stronger. Question is, what did Miko dad offer as exchange for protecting his house? This arc will answer that and may even shed more light regarding Miko family history. In Asian culture, it's often said that the ability to see ghost are descended from generations. Perhaps her father already knew this was gonna happen to either Miko or her brother and decided to stay to help? Man I'm excited for this arc
Yeah, I suspect that might be the case, do we actually know how he died? I honestly can't remember, what if he died young as price to protect his family or something?
Either that or the horse thing is the other extreme.
So far we saw 3 types of ghosts from what I remember:
  • Benevolent ghosts that basically look mostly human.
  • Malevonet ghosts that always look freaky, I'm counting the ghost boy here because he had ugly face.
  • Seemingly neutral ghosts like the one in the train, I would argue the Fox God is also neutral due to the fact that they only acted because of Miko praying for it.
Maybe now we'll see the missing group, freaky ghosts that are benevolent and don't ask for your life as payment, I imagine the horse thing and Mr Seto homies are those types.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he do see ghosts too, would explaih why he is by far the most normal lookihg ghost, maybe it's part due to his power and part knowing about ghosts, so he was prepared to be one and completely kept his mind and sanity.

Users who are viewing this thread