Mezase Gouka Kyakusen!! ~Sen Shokan Skill De Isekai Rich Life Wo Te Ni Irero~ - Ch. 38 - Naval Battle and Laser Beam

Dex-chan lover
:huh: If there is another isekaid person, with an offensive ship, I've got a feeling all the readers will start cheering for them.

Double-page supporter
:huh: If there is another isekaid person, with an offensive ship, I've got a feeling all the readers will start cheering for them.
is it even a ship ability? it might just me some sort of artificer/alchemy ability, used to attach a laser cannon to a ship.

Dex-chan lover
Where did the slow and calm life going for the cruiser? Now he is just a faileld sugar daddy because no even seggs from this girls for all he is putting… they also showld necome his slavesfor payment after this… yet, MC is just missing…

Dex-chan lover
That massive attack is just confusing. Not only do they wait for all the smaller ships to be sunk, but then they target one of their own ships. It's almost as if the caster is being forced to attack and decided to inact a little malicious compliance as revenge.
me too, i though is that MC?? but that's no way
i guess it's just hard to aim a smaller boat

Dex-chan lover
Sigh, as if these bitches weren't annoying af as they are, they're being showcased as dimwitted as well now.
The simpening continues, man do I hate this

Dex-chan lover
I recommend you don't trust your feelings then, I can 1000% guarantee that not all readers would cheer for a new guy.

Aggregator gang
Laser doesn't do shit to the boats, and yes, the boats are immune even to unique skills

Dex-chan lover
It could have some other person blessed by magic god right or a magic canon?

While I want to read more about slow life, this event was given to him by creation god. So, it is gonna take a while but I do wonder why the god give him this mission?

Is it to show him about other isekaied person without being too on hand about it?

Dex-chan lover
given how the god was describing his abilities. it's seems like he could have made them far more excessive, but held them back to "balance" things. though he phrased it, implying the restriction was only boats; and non-combat models at that. he didn't imply any other nerfs. so there is a possibility that his indestructible feature might be maxed out. the attack magic is probably a tier below it, if only by one stage. (since, giving anyone max attack, is risking the whole world being obliterated, with no way to stop it besides direct intervention.)
Ahahahah, I wasn't expecting a serious reply.

I was quoting / memeing an old saying of physics in which what would happen if an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

Dex-chan lover
In b4 it jus bounces off, cause author remembers he made mc rather defense heavy

Dex-chan lover
Then all the more confusing. No seriously, if it's a resource hog, hard to aim, or has a long cast time, shooting a small fast moving target becomes impractical.

Not just because you are unlikely to hit it, but chances of friendly fire are astronomically higher. So not only have you wasted all that time/effort/resources, but just sunk another friendly ship, and killed a good chunk of the crew.
But none of that would matter if it was the only thing that could potentially harm said small boat.
They are fully aware of the boats shields by now and could easily consider that a price worth paying to not suffer more losses.

Dex-chan lover
But none of that would matter if it was the only thing that could potentially harm said small boat.
They are fully aware of the boats shields by now and could easily consider that a price worth paying to not suffer more losses.
Not that the cell arrangement makes it easy to tell, but was that attack even close, or was it just forced in the same general direction?

Also why after committing to the attack, why was there no follow up? Seems that as they are motoring away would be the best time to take attempt potshots and put the true fear of the gods into them.

Yes, yes I know the time/resource/effort arguments. But if you're going to go so far as to destroy one of your own ships in an attempt to swat an enemy, you should at least attempt to make a follow-up once they clear your own flotilla.

Laser doesn't do shit to the boats, and yes, the boats are immune even to unique skills
Oh so it's just end of chapter cliffhanger drama. Well, it works. You gotta get people invested in coming back to read a few pages at a time every month.

Dex-chan lover
Not that the cell arrangement makes it easy to tell, but was that attack even close, or was it just forced in the same general direction?

Also why after committing to the attack, why was there no follow up? Seems that as they are motoring away would be the best time to take attempt potshots and put the true fear of the gods into them.

Yes, yes I know the time/resource/effort arguments. But if you're going to go so far as to destroy one of your own ships in an attempt to swat an enemy, you should at least attempt to make a follow-up once they clear your own flotilla.
Sadly i think that is just a case of "stupid enemy mooks " to show off the awesomeness of the MC and cliffhanger drama.
Just like why evil overlords always tend to have oversized armorers with facecover and no ID checks that the heroes can abuse.
:nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
On a side note, they left one of the ferries in the harbor while they took a second one to gather supplies and resources for the besieged city. So even if the ladies are unaware that the ship can't be destroyed, that massive ship will act as a rather daunting roadblock for the enemy fleet

Dex-chan lover
Not necessarily, they could just be a holy champion or some regular guy who got lucky.
Heck, it could even be a secret super weapon.

Assuming there is no cast time or other limitation then yes it makes no sense for them to wait until a big part of the fleet is sunk.
Especially considering they know the speed boat is dangerous from previous reports so its not like they were taken by surprise.

but you could still explain it away in multiple ways like it being a secret weapon they wanted to save.
It's super costly or takes a lot of time to use etc etc.
Or maybe it is really powerful but inaccurate, so they are reluctant to use it in close quarter: after demolishing all the small ships without taking any damage from other skills, they are now such a threat that is worth risking their own ships

Users who are viewing this thread