Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 20 Ch. 96 - Report

Aggregator gang
About goddamn time, he doesn't deserve any of this happiness for ignoring his mom for this long.
God I hate what is coming...

Edit: Give me all the strikes you want, but this piece of garbage found all of his family that he "loved" except one, and I'm sure she's been doing fine while this middle aged man played magical student and chased teenage pussy.

Edit 2: The notifications I get of more strikes are delicious! Anyone that doesn't know what happened to his mom (who is guilty of the heinous crime of trusting her husband), that's fine and I hope you enjoy the story. Anyone that does know (and what this piece of garbage MC does in front of her), you are either deluded or a sociopath and your opinion means nothing to me.
No dummy. He wanted to find his mom, but the dad wanted him to stay and take care of his sisters.

Dex-chan lover
About goddamn time, he doesn't deserve any of this happiness for ignoring his mom for this long.

Edit: Give me all the strikes you want, but this piece of garbage found all of his family that he "loved" except one, and I'm sure she's been doing fine while this middle aged man played magical student and chased teenage pussy.

Edit 2: The notifications I get of more strikes are delicious! Anyone that doesn't know what happened to his mom (who is guilty of the heinous crime of trusting her husband), that's fine and I hope you enjoy the story. Anyone that does know (and what this piece of garbage MC does in front of her), you are either deluded or a sociopath and your opinion means nothing to me.
Over time, I've found that most people are actually just simping for this series and simply fail to notice its shortcomings (or pretend that they don't exist). Like the fact that Rudeus is actually a 50 y/o literal man child "adult" chasing little girls (very much "childhood sized" in the case of Sylphy and Eris when they were younger), and sees nothing wrong about it.

I've read the entire manga and first volume of the ln along with random snippets on the wiki, and not a single time have I read about MC questioning whether or not what he is doing is actually right or wong.

So much could have been done to make the story more insightful and compelling. For example, seeing him struggle with the disconnect between his physical and mental age, the warped mental state that resulted from his experiences before reincarnation or the fact that he has been lying to everyone he (allegedly) cares about regarding who he actually is, could have made great plot threads to follow, shaping the story in amazing ways.

I remember reading that the author wanted to write an MC that despite having good sides, is actually very much flawed. He sure succeded in that (at least partially), but the story would have been a lot more interesting if Rudeus' character had some actual depth and consistency instead of the halfbaked, wishy-washy protagonist we ended up with.

Alas, the world isn't perfect. Or even great. And that applies to this story as well for the most part.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So... a team, and a pretty seriously badass team of level 50-80 fighter and magic users at that, went off to save his mom.
They have run into trouble, which is pretty bad, but... they need HIS assistance?!

I mean, it makes sense for him to stay behind when his dad literally told him to, and they sent his parents' old adventuring party along with his dad; who would be worried, honestly?
Reading the comments, here... I'm worried about it NOW, but... yanno... I wasn't previously...

I thought it was stupid that she was just... like, sitting in a dungeon room for a year or six? Not eating or moving, or anything; just "on pause," somehow.
Because THAT is FUCKING stupid.
But waiting for his dad's party ro rescue her, when he specifically asked for that? Makes sense.

Of course, I dont have future sight, nor have I read anything other than what is published here on Dex; if something bad happens in the future, myself and a fuck ton of other people don't fucking know anything about it.
So, if they think you're a douchecanoe for hating on shit that hasn't happened for us, yet... well, that's because you're a fucking douchecanoe.

Dex-chan lover
Over time, I've found that most people are actually just simping for this series and simply fail to notice its shortcomings (or pretend that they don't exist). Like the fact that Rudeus is actually a 50 y/o literal man child "adult" chasing little girls (very much "childhood sized" in the case of Sylphy and Eris when they were younger), and sees nothing wrong about it.

<SNIP>

Look, just because you didn't have a girlfriend when you were in Junior High doesn't mean the people who did were pedos, bruh.
(And if you did, well... your comment brings a few things into question, here...)

Also, you point out that he was a man-child... and I agree! He has only begun to mature as a person in this world; he may have uears of sitting in a room, but he is really only a few years more emotionally mature than some of the characters that are his isekai age.
He is roughly the mental and emotional age of his physical body, so... seems legit for his relationships.

And we should probably set aside the tendency for manga to draw adult women as either huge-knockered big-assed fucktoys, or scrawny little pre-teens... or stop reading manga, entirely.
Cos them tropes won't be changing from expressions of great butthurt in the comment section...
(I know this, as I've made the same complaints since about 1993...)

so is the series coming to an end? this feels like a final saga/arc starting point chapter. all i know about this series' future is a certain very bad thing i heard of that i hope the manga doesn't really delve into or just preferably completely changes it to not happen.
aisha essentially grooming rudy's son and attempting to elope with him when she gets caught having sexual relations with him. gotta also keep in mind his son wasn't even a teenager yet when she did this.
I'm reading through these comments as they go, so maybe someone's already answered this, but while trying not to be TOO spoilery, we've got like at least a whole arc to go before we even encounter the events that set up the latter stages of the plot... though come to think of it, this area of the WN is probably the haziest in my memories, so I can't recall how long said arc is and/or if there's more than 1 real arc here, but yeah we're a fair ways from even the lead-in to the... let's call it "3rd Act" of the story. OFC there's always the concern that Manga adaptations frequently end/get axed well before their source material does, but that's a publishing issue, not a storytelling one...

Double-page supporter
OH C'MON!! Six months for an emergency request to arrive, they really need to work on a priority system or use some random bullshit magic to improve that. Rudy about to go downhill again.

Dex-chan lover
Let me guess he is gonna run into the red head after he goes to help and she finds out he is married and has a kid coming then we have a half an arc of that drama...a long with their feelings legit taking up more of the arc then them saving his mom

wrong

Users who are viewing this thread